need inspiration!!!

RScothern

I dont usually eat meat on SW but need to empty the freezer as its getting towards payday and fresh food is scarce in my house!!!! I have found some stuff lurking and am clueless :confused::confused:

I have some salmon portions, prawns, 2 packs of turkey mince and some chicken thighs. No idea what to do with them at all I have plenty of rice and pasta and a sack of potatoes but not a lot of fresh veg at all.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received!!

You could make Salmon fish cakes & rice.
SW style KFC chicken.
Turkey Kebabs

Here are my nearest recipes to these!

Pete’s KFC Chicken Drumsticks

6 Chicken Drumsticks
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
4 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pepper
3 eggs
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place three slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.

When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size plastic bag.

Prepare an oven tin by covering the inside with greaseproof paper.

Break the eggs into a small dish.

Set oven to 180c

Place the Chicken Drumsticks into a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 5 mins, remove drumsticks and allow to cool.

When cool remove the skin, you should have a moist piece of Chicken.

Firstly dip the drumstick in the egg and then holding the bone of the drumstick, place into the bag, close the open end of the bag and holding it tightly, shake until the drumstick is covered with the breadcrumb mix. Remove and place on the baking tray, adding breadcrumbs where they are missing!
Cook for about 15-18 mins or until the drumsticks look nicely browned…

Serve with salad.

Knorr Aromat 90g tub

1 teaspoon:

Kcal =8.05
Carbs =0.75
Sugar =0.40
Fat =0.18
Sat fat =0.09
Sodium =1.17
Salt based
On Sodium=2.90
SpicyDrumstick1Large.jpg

Pete’s Salmon Fishcakes

Serves 4
Ingredients
400g potatoes/ 2 large potatoes
140g fresh salmon/ 2 salmon fillets
1 handful of parsley
1 lemon

Method

Peel and cut the potatoes and boil them in salted water in a large saucepan, after 10mins put a bamboo steamer or a colander, on top of the saucepan, with the salmon in it, seasoned with salt & pepper, if using a colander cover with cooking foil to allow the salmon to steam. Cook for a further 10 mins.

When the potatoes and the salmon are cooked then remove the salmon, flake it and remove the skin, and place in a grass dish, drain the potatoes and then return to the pan, mash and allow to cool.

Add the potatoes, lemon rind & juice, parsley and salt & pepper, scup up in your hand a portion of the mix and form into a fishcake, adjusting them to a size that suits you.

Place into a fridge to allow them to stiffen.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook until browned, turn over and repeat.

Have with Couscous & Salad

SalmonFishcakes-2Large.jpg

No recipe for the turkey, sorry!
All the recipes can be altered to suit your ingredients, good luck.
Pete

Back