Need motivation at 12st target 10st

Hey everone,:family2: nice to see so many in same boat as myself. I lost 3lbs so so I was very happy :) and then yesterday I visiting family and of course i was picking away at everything! :break_diet:I need to be stronger and be able to resist all the good stuff lol. Today is a day of rest as I have been working very long hours recently so as of tommorrow, I will (hope 2) be back on track and back at the gym! How was everyone's weekend? I hope you are doing better than me lol
xxxxxx

Hi DM :)

Well girls... 12.2 last monday morning, this morning..... 11.11 :D:D:D reslly happy. Only 7lbs till club10 target for holiday!

Hows everyone else doing and what days everyone weighing in? xxx

Hey Brightnatty, Congratulations hun, you are doing fantastic :D I think i should change my weigh days too, I was doing it on a monday but I would always mess up at the weekend so when i would weigh myself on a monday, i would be very disheartened by little or no loss. :( Anyway new day, new start. How was your weekend? xx

Hi everyone,

Mind if I join in on the bandwagon? Like Happyem72 I'm trying to do it at home as I dont have the time or pennies to really go to classes so I could benefit from a bit of moral support and egging on really. Plus I'm new here so could do with making some friends!

I'm currently 11st10 so around about the same weight as you - was at the 12 stone mark but lost a few pounds just through calorie counting and depriving myself. Decided to go back on SW to give it some structure and so I could eat yummy things without feeling guilty.

Hoping to get to the 10stone mark by April next year - secretly I would like it to be a lot sooner but think that's a pipe dream.

I'm always really good on the plans for the 1st 2-3 weeks and then I just get a bit lazy and start to drift off into an extra syn here and there and low and behold the target never happens.

I'm also doing the gym and I don't know why I'm worried that this will slow down my weightloss (seems a bit backwords) but I am. Think it might be something to do with muscle being heavier than fat that gets branded around all the time.

I'm trying to do extra-easy days, but I find I struggle to have the healthy extra's on these days and don't know if that will stop me loosing? Sometimes at the end of the day when i've not had any b choice healthy extra's I just switch it to a green day so i'm covered but not sure that's how its supposed to work really!

Anyway - well done on your progress so far, you sound really motivated and up for it - you'll be skinny minnies in no time if you keep up the hard work! :)

Debs
xxx

Omg, it's like as if you are writing my life story here lol. We are the exct same Debs, i'm constantly changing my days too! I most times start off on a red day as i'm not a big fruit person in the morning, dinner time is usually EE and then i try snacking on fruit throughout the day, i use my syns at night as i work nights so i'm doing my best not to deprive myself. How are you getting on? xx

Hey,

Dont be downheartened everybody picks at the family gatherings. I tried to be prepared for a family cinema outing taking low syn snacks (for the record - eating jelly in the dark is a real adventure), but I still ended up munching on someone elses popcorn :mad:

I'm not a big fruit fan period - don't find it filling at all - force myself to have a bit a day to try and get the sweetness craving down a bit. I get things like 0 syn pasta cups and noodles to snack on through the day so I can save my syns for crisps or something at night.

Also in terms of weigh in days - saturday's work well for me in the morning as then I'm kind of encouraged by what I've lost not to blow it all on the saturday night chill out/party and even if I do I just get right back on track on Monday and have all week to work it off so I should still see a loss (that's the theory anyway).

Good luck today - I'm sure you'll find the track your looking for - you can do it!!

:D:D:D

p.s i've been finding keeping a food diary on here helpful as well (I think it's the guilt of knowing everyone else can see it if they want to! haha!)

hey everyone,

how you all doing?

I have officially used up all the food I had in my cupboards and have failed to find time to get to the shops so feeling like i've made it difficult for myself to carry on completely on track!

Also I seem to be using most of my syns every day but having very few super free foods/free foods - anyone have any ideas as to how to get more into me?

I'm thinking maybe making a soup might be the only way

hate feeling all over the place about the diet! so annoyed at myself for not being more organised!! grrrrr

Hi :)

I use alot of store cupboard items like savoury rice and pasta n sauce when Im running low on things and of course frozen veg. For example today for my dinner (got loads of food in just couldnt be bothered preparing!) I have a packet of savoury rice with grated carrot, cabbage and celery in and melon and strawberries. I think it's just experimenting. Plus I really dont want the salad in my fridge!!

Hows everything else going? still finding it ok? I don't use many syns to be honest. I try to make meals just using 1 or 2 and save them if I want any dessert. I snack on fruit :D (In a few weeks im sure it will be chocolate knowing me!)

xxxxx

Hey,

Yeah I try to use a lot of those kind of pasta 'n' sauce's as lazy night dinners and snacks but the syns just seem to run away with me - usually on things like butter - but I just can't do dry toast eugh! Are the savoury rices free?? Always looking for ideas for lazyness - especially as i'm not a big fruit fan!

Made sometime today to think about what I have left in my cupboards and what I can eat for the next few days and so feeling a bit more organised and on top of things again. It really doesn't take long just need to get my finger out.

TBH i think the blue day was sparked by a pretty awful attempt at home made chicken fried rice last night - which in turn drove me to crisps - officially pulling myself together this afternoon and get on with it! haha!

Might even to an interim w/i tonight to see how progress is going.

How's your week been? Still on track?

I've joined a xmas challenge thing as well to try and encourage myself to keep going - actually means i've brought my target forward from April to Xmas - was being over generous with weight loss time before I think!

Hi girls, you both sound as if you are doing great!! So again I have been bad :( What i lost, I have gained back already. I have been trying my best but at this stage I hate fruit. Would love if we had muller lights over here as I see everyone enjoys them, plus i also did when i was back home. Anyway Aunt Flo is expected over the weekend which is why i'm convinced that's the reason i'm been so bad. But on another note, when i do get my period, i actually want to exercise more and eat more healthy too lol. I work nights all the time so I dont finish until 4am, (shift is 6pm-4am) it can be a long night in the bar if i'm quiet, it's very hard to resist all the pringles, popcorn, nuts etc. Not only that i like to relax and have a beer or two when i finish work.

There are all my excuses on why i'm doing so crap lol, any ideas on what i could snack on at night instead of the crisps and sweet stuff??

I think i'm going to start doing red days again, I just cant get the hang of the extra easy, I'm always forgetting the SF foods.

So sorry for complaining the whole way through my post, I promise i'm not like this lol xxx

Hey von,

Dont envy your position of being up all night and half the day, don't think I would be any better...

I think the key is gonna be in the planning and taking alternatives to the crisps and snacks. Does your bar have a microwave or some sort of heating up facility? You could make your own popcorn from kernels then and they are pretty low syns. Or make up your own slimming world fries and reheat when you're there.

I'm not a fruit fan at all and not a fan of yoghirts really - sugar free jelly is a good alternative or what about yoghurt coloured raisins when you need to feel like you're having a treat? Think they are low syns - but make sure you weigh them so you don't go too far!

If you've no heating up facilities you could always make up soup in advance and put it in a thermos - I find it helps if you leave some chunks in it and feels like you are actually eating something - also helps with the sf food - I'm going to try that next week I think.

Why don't you put a diary up for a couple of days see if we can give you alternative ideas from that? I've been doing one (thrice the bridesmaid - thrice the diet) and that's been helping me be good more, the thought of other people judging it keeps me in line.

Hope this has been helpful, will have a think a bit more about what you can have through the night!

Chin up petal xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey von,

Dont envy your position of being up all night and half the day, don't think I would be any better...

I think the key is gonna be in the planning and taking alternatives to the crisps and snacks. Does your bar have a microwave or some sort of heating up facility? You could make your own popcorn from kernels then and they are pretty low syns. Or make up your own slimming world fries and reheat when you're there.

I'm not a fruit fan at all and not a fan of yoghirts really - sugar free jelly is a good alternative or what about yoghurt coloured raisins when you need to feel like you're having a treat? Think they are low syns - but make sure you weigh them so you don't go too far!

If you've no heating up facilities you could always make up soup in advance and put it in a thermos - I find it helps if you leave some chunks in it and feels like you are actually eating something - also helps with the sf food - I'm going to try that next week I think.

Why don't you put a diary up for a couple of days see if we can give you alternative ideas from that? I've been doing one (thrice the bridesmaid - thrice the diet) and that's been helping me be good more, the thought of other people judging it keeps me in line.

Hope this has been helpful, will have a think a bit more about what you can have through the night!

Chin up petal xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thank u for the great tips xx

Hi Everyone

Sounds like things are going well with some good losses. I am afraid only 1/2 lb this week so not so great. I think i was good most of the time apart from the cake when I had visitors on saturday.

I haven't tasted the coke chicken so might give that a try next week. I am trying to vary my diet a bit this week as my weight loss is very slow. I am getting a bit disheartened when I see all the good losses.

Any tips to speed things up just a little bit would be greatly appreciated. I need to get to below the 12 stone mark this week.

I have been trying to think of some ideas of things you can eat in work at night. I think fruit can be really boring and I need to make myself eat it, but I do like frozen grapes. They last a long time a taste a bit like mini ice lollies.

Sorry for the long post rambling again.

Hi all,
so just back from the gym, i'm so unfit but i'm doing my best lol. Have a big pot of sf veg soup on so going to bring that into work tonight and try that, also i'm going to try behave myself during the day so I can have my syns in work at night ;) I'm sure if you are really good over next few days, the cake won't even show up on the scales :)

You really should try the D.C Chicken, i was putting it off for a long time thinking there is no way that it could be nice but now I'd have it everyday lol.

As for trying to get to the 12st mark, you will do it, don't get down in the dumps, lots of SF veg (as i hate fruit) but at the moment my weight has been going up and down so that's why i'm trying different things.

Anyway it will all work out, good luck and let me know how your doing xxx

Hi everyone,

how are you all getting on? I think we're all being really hard on ourselves and should just give ourselves a break and recognise that even trying to loose is an achievement. I know its hard when you are trying and dont see results but i'm convinced we think ourselves thin to a certain extent and believing that we've already lost 1lb this week usually leads to 1lb off in my case...

Or at least I'm hoping thats the case this week... i've been so stuffed with a cold that I've only been vaguely sticking to the plan - and I mean - i kind of have sight of it on the horizon and thats about it - just want to eat comfort food mainly and lots of sugar - honey in my tea that kind of thing.

Hoping to turn it round today - I w/i on a saturday and i'm thinking 3 days of being good will still show up on scales - but very little gym time this week so maybe not.

Any tips for super quick free/low syn dinners and lunches when you feel rotten?!

chin up everyone - i need all the positive thinking i can get today :D

Hi hun, so I did a sf soup:
mushrooms
onions
celery
carrots
s.corn
chilli
beans
peppers
2 tins tomatoes
chicken stock.
I cooked everything up in a slow cooker on low, then today I blended some which I used as soup also as my sauce for pasta, absolutely gorgeous. Soup is always a great way of healing things.

I'm not 2 fond of salads but if you do make one, put strawberry's in it, actually tastes great.

I really hope you start feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than being under the weather, if you like spicy food, do that soup or a nice spicy curry!

Anyway hope all this works out for u xxxxxxx

hey everyone - been off the radar for a bit and well off the diet - well i say well off - it must have been in the back of my mind somewhere as i managed to lose 1/2 lb this week so that has geed me on and now (well probably as of tomorrow) i'm going to be a good girl again.

the reason not today as I had a massive bowl of cereal for breakfast that can't be a heB and then one tiny biscuit at my mums which turned out to be 7 syns! honestly gone in two bites and actually 7 syns - ridiculous! so i'm way over allowances but i've done a big shop and sorted out the house so i'll be 100% from tomorrow.

still have this horrible cold lurking over me and have a theory that because i dont have much sugar in slimming world that my body doesnt have the energy to shift it - i normally use my syns on savoury things like mayo or pasta sauces - or a bit of cheese or something so i'm thinking for the next couple of days i'll use my syns for sugary things - maybe in tea or whatever and see if that helps shake this off so i can get back to the gym (cant breathe as it is without running around on top of that!) - what do you ladies think - will that help shift it or should i just ride it out?

hows everyone else doing? and what on earth is this diet coke chicken everyone is talking about?!!!

OK, i'm a complete disaster with no will power at all :( aaaagh
I've been going to the gym burning off the calories so took a day off and what happens I stuff my face with crisps, chocolate, ice cream (basically anything in sight) :break_diet::tear_drop::cry:
So tomorrow I am going to do a big shop, get my ass back 2 the gym and try lose this weight.

Did you start back on the diet yet? You seem to have more willpower than me anyway lol xxx

Hope all is going well ;)

Diet coke chicken recipe:

2 chicken breasts diced
1 can of diet coke 330ml
1 chopped onion
6 tbsp passata
Splash of worcester sauce
Splash of soy sauce
1 tsp of chinese five spice
1 garlic clove
1 oxo cube
Splash of tobasco (optional)
1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional) I like spicy so i added them, gave a great kick
(also whatever veg you want)

Method:
Fry chicken in fry light with onion until it seals.
In a jug mix diet coke, passata, worcester sce, chinese 5 spice, garlic, soy sce, tobasco and chilli flakes.
when mixed pour over chicken, crumble up oxo cube and leave to simmer for 30 mins, if you want to add more veg, add them after 15mins. Give it an occasional stir so the sauce starts to thicken up, you need to turn up the heat for the last 5mins to get the sauce really thick. It's delicious!!

I used peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn for extra veg.

Hope u enjoy xxx

Last edited:
Back