Need some advice!!

iamangiea

Hi all iam after some advice.

I have been on xenical for a week and so far, so good no really bad side affects except bloating.

I eat pretty healthy and very rarely have any naughty food. My hubby seems to think that the tablets wont work as iam not having enough fat. Is this right?

I am taking 2 tablets a day as i have fruit for breakfast.

I havent lost any weight in the 1st week.

Also do i have to exercise on these tablets i have artharitis(SP) in both knees, i need a knee replacemant in one but cant have the surgery because iam to big. I have lost a stone with my change of diet over the past year, but as i havent lost any in 6 months the doctor said try the tablets. I am limited to just walking and that is quite slow.

Thanks in advance :)

hi there, when i started i was bloated (and constipated) too. i think it was largely due to the change in my diet, its fine now though. i know a lot of people on here have said the same, so it must be quite common. stick with them though.
good luck x

Hi, how much fat are you having each day? You should be aiming for 45g per day, working out at 15g per meal. And it's not essential to exercise in my opinion, but it certainly helps. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise as it's low impact. Try just walking for a little bit, then gradually increase it to longer and faster walks. Every little helps! Good luck with your weight loss :)

Hi thanks for the words of encouragement the bloating advice really put my mind at rest. I dont know how much fat i consume.

Breakfast just fruit.

lunch 2 slices of bread no butter, cheese or ham salad and a packet of crisp.

Dinner normally 2 lots of veg some kind of meat and potatoes/rice/pasta. Yoghurt and fruit for afters.

latte and 1 biscuit mid morning
green tea and 1 biscuit mid afternoon
green tea and 1 biscuit in the evening.
:):):)

hiya :) when i first started using these tabs i just happened to find this site when i was googling xenical, and its been the God of my success!! i was then recommended to use MyFitnessPal to log all my foods so i knew exactly how much i was actually eating, its a really good website and if i hadn't of met the people on here i would have never of got this far!!

just take a day at a time xx

well, when i say "met" you all know what i mean!! lmao i read that over to myself as if i knew a few people personally!!

but no honestly, the support here is just what you need doing this xx

hi the symptoms you are experiencing are completely normal, i think we all had the bloating, i know i did anyway!! If i was you i would still take 3 tablets a day, my doctor told me just to take them anyway no matter how little fat was in the food!! the maximum of fat per meal is 15g, you can use it all or just some of it. Maximum of 45g a day, i very often dont even get half of the fat per day!! I have to say your hubby is wrong about you not eating enough fat to lose weight, the less fat the better!! If you cant do exercises because of your knees, you could do upper body workouts to get your heart rate going and burn fat!! Even sitting down and doing boxing punches, or arm lift, with or without weights, if you dont have weights you could use 2 tins of beans, sounds funny but its as good as anything!!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!!

HI not had a official doctors weigh in, but weighed myself and lost 4kg which i am really pleased with and shocked as iam feel like a bloated whale.

When i 1st saw the side affects on the pack and after reading some comments online i was not looking forward to taking the tablets, but said i would try them and if it was to upsetting i would stop. I am really pleased so far and it seems the only side affect ive gotten so far is this bloating.

I am drinking loads of water anybody got any other ideas tas to how to make it go. THANKS

Well done for the weight loss, that's fantastic! Drinking water is really helpful, sounds like you're doing the right thing :)

Thanks

its just so annoying as i dont feel like ive lost any, if any i feel like ive put it on :sigh:

Gonna try and be more positive and ignore it for a while and hopefully it will go away :)

Wow your weight loss is amazing well done :)

How long did you have the bloating for ? I ve been on them for 2 weeks and 3 days . I actually feel fatter than when i started on them.

I drink quite a bit of water and green tea never tried peppermint might give it ago though :)

i too experienced the bloating and constipation (and i have that to look forward to next week when i start them up again!!!

i too would advise you to take all 3 tablets regardless of what fat you are having...

keep up with the green tea (it will help with the constipation..) maybe get some of them in tablet form also (this is what i take and its the only thing i can honestly swear by!!)

also i recomend you take a multi vit!!! i personally use the Multibionta immune, and honestly every time i forget to take it or i run out, i get colds, so i think it does work too.. (sound like a tablet freak now. LOL)

good luck - i'm sure you'll notice a loss very soon.

i cant do exercise either cos i'm needing a hernia in my tummy mended (that's why i'm trying to lose weight ) and i've got a bad knee too :rolleyes:.

i'm not losing as much as most but am very happy with my losses up to now . ;)

keep us up to date with how you are doing :)

Yay bloting seems to be not as bad now, got 1st official doctors weigh in next week so fingers crossed.

I am due to go out for a meal this weekend all you can eat chinese buffet. Would it be better for me to stop the tablets for a few days or just not go. At the moment my thinking is i would be good and not eat too much but in reality know i would most probably be naughty.

I would like to go its a family members 40th birthday and there will be quite a few people i havent seen for a while.

Thanks Angie :rolleyes:

Yay bloting seems to be not as bad now, got 1st official doctors weigh in next week so fingers crossed.

I am due to go out for a meal this weekend all you can eat chinese buffet. Would it be better for me to stop the tablets for a few days or just not go. At the moment my thinking is i would be good and not eat too much but in reality know i would most probably be naughty.

I would like to go its a family members 40th birthday and there will be quite a few people i havent seen for a while.

Thanks Angie

Xenical stays in your body for up to 72 hours so if you were going to stop taking them for the meal you would need to stop taking them 3 days prior, and watch what you eat.. however you could continue with the tablets as usual and just be careful what you eat at the chinese..

I wouldn't not go though..a diet is about a change of life, which imo doesn't mean stopping things you would like to do.

Have fun! :D

I have the same problem this weekend.. its a friends birthday and she is going through a rough time at the moment so I can't not go.. but to stop the tablets or not.... I think I will stop them...

why dont you have a meal before you go then you couldn't eat too much at the buffet - says me who would be straight to the spare ribs :break_diet:

ohh what i would give to go to a chinese buffet right now:eek:

i am finding it really hard this week ..............:sigh:

Back