Need some arse kicking...

Hello, i'm new to the forum :)

I've been on weight watchers for a while, lost 13.5lbs... Then stopped. :break_diet:

I found PP weird to adjust to and didn't even bother to try. I've gained 6.5lb back and need some motivation to stay on track and lose weight again. My major weakness is baking. I love to bake for my family, baking leads to eating and at 10pp's for one cupcake or 14 for a brownie it all goes down hill. Must resist the fattiness!!

Arse kickers apply with-in ;)

Carly, sorry but I don't accept any excuses about baking. If you're baking the cupcakes and cakes yourself, you can work out the best ways to still get the same flavour but save on points. For example, you can use splenda granular rather than sugar, or use a half fat version of butter or even better, the 75% "I can't believe it's not butter" spread rather than the real butter and skimmed milk rather than full fat milk. I have done it and made blueberry muffins and other cakes and I can assure you that the taste is the same. My fiancé has been my guinea pig and he absolutely LOVES my blueberry muffins and can't see any difference between the "full fat" version and the "low fat" version. This will decrease considerably the number of points of your cupcakes allowing you to eat a couple of them for the same number of points or just have one for maybe 5pp rather than 10?

I know you can do it!

Lesley thankyou for your gook luck wishes, i'm sure we can both do it if we've done it before - positive mental attitude and seeing food as fuel and not for fun is what has got me through in the past.

Kagome75, thats the sort of motivation i'm talking about!! Lol, now for more excuses - It's the buttercream that does it, the actual cake aren't too bad on points - I do lower fat butter (marge makes the texture funny and sweetner gives a funny after taste) and skimmed milk rather than full fat. I find nothing whips as well as full fat butter to make the buttercream texture that I need for decorating them into whipped peaks. It's also hard when I have to make the full fat ones for customers and have a few left over, plus adding a very fussy family into the mix. One is usually ok if I balance out the rest of my day properly, I could not actually eat them I guess ;)

I'm starting today and feeling in control... I have 3 of said cupcakes sitting on the worktop, i'm going to remove the container out of sight so that there are still 3 at the end of the day for an after tea treat for the family.

I've walked to school and back (so 2ish miles) this morning and shall be repeating later on. Going to keep snacking on fruit throughout the day to stop extreme-grab-anything hunger, actually eat lunch today and keep myself busy.

I've done it before and can do it again :)

Giulia, just read your success story! Oh my, you look like a different woman! Truly amazing. How long did it take you?

The ones I make are very fatty (the hummingbird bakery recipe) and putting the ingredients into the recipe builder they come out at 14pp per serving, I could make skinny ones but my family don't really like them. I don't make these as often but the cakes I do as a money earner so it's a bit more difficult :)

Hun where do you work? If it's a bakery you could suggest making a lower fat muffin, bun, cake etc as I think people love when there low fat :) I loooovvveeee baking too, there are good recipes to try. But not really too many for muffins etc. With sweetners the trick is to cook at a lower temp as they can get a metallic taste--dunno what temp shall research but someone said it in a ww meeting a year ago or so! But good luck :) try making cookies--low fat as they don't need butter cream :) that's all the advice I can provide as sweet things are my downfall too and if it's a living it's hard to get away from :) but good luck hun, you cam do it!

I work from home Gracie, I started out by making cupcakes for my little sisters party - somebody asked where my mum bought them and she told her that I made them, she then came to me and said she'd pay for some and it's kinda just moved on from there. I don't earn a lot from it because I enjoy doing it, and I don't do loads because my main job is a stay at home mum. It's just hard when I get the left-overs or the carved bits from big cakes or bits of fondant icing that seem to jump into my mouth rather than the bin. ;) I'm a massive foody, especially sweet stodgy things - it's what got me into this mess in the first place!!!

I'm now at the end of day 3 and am finding it really easy so far, it's all about your state of mind I think! When I'm feeling down and rubbish I eat rubbish, when I'm feeling a bit better and more confident I look after myself. I CAN do this :)

I know I'm the sane. Love baking! Even a ganache with light cream instead of double takes a lot longer to set :( if ya find any good low pp recipes I'd love to know. Glad yer getting on well. I've been bad and unmotivated for a while Hoover round the same 3lbs. But hopefully this week will kick start me ;)

Oh Carley I am the same - lost a stone then stopped going to classes as the time didnt suit after we moved office, so I have lost no more weight since February. Back on track as of tomorrow morning as nothing stopping me now - bought the May magazine today even though the new one is out on Thursday for a bit of inspiration, then found this website!

Feel free to kick me too anyone - the more the merrier!

I bought the magazine yesterday too :)

I found the same with group, I couldn't go sometimes because I had nobody to look after my children if DH was working late, then I got caught in the same pattern of thinking - "I'm not going this week so it's ok to have a 'treat'" and then lost control for a day or so before getting back on track and I feel this did hinder my weight loss, even though I was still losing some it wasn't the amount I could have been losing if you see what I mean. My group leader was also more about selling her things than support, if you bought tons of bars and sweets she'd give you all the help in the world but if you couldn't afford a lot (like me) you were more than likely to be left. I was fed up of hearing 'If you don't have a points calculator then you NEED to get one' every week!!!

I think I should probably get one now though as I'm not doing it online anymore ;)

Thank you so much to everyone who has commented on my post and are offering support :D

Back