need some help!!!!!

hi guys im on week 3 of atkins for a second time as the first time i fell off the wagon :sigh:. I am struggling a bit with variety and ideas for breakfast.
I am not a big fan of eggs and bacon so need some ideas.

A basic day for me would be:

BF: Protein shake + 2-3 mini omelettes
LN: Protein shake + 1-2 sausages with cheese
DN: Steak + veg or Chicken with herbs and veg
Night snack: Protein shake

in between i do some walking and the gym some days.
I have lost 9lbs so far but starting to get bored!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated..Thanks

There's a thread on here called meal ideas that should help, I'll bump it. You might find you're more satisfied eating meals rather than having the whey protein.

okay thanks.
Can i ask a silly Q. what is cream cheese as i have never used it before? not sure if it is like your dairylea cheese spread or like your phily cheese :confused: as i have been looking at the MiM recipes. thanks

Hey :) its soft cheese like philly xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't stand eggs either and as a vegetarian I don't eat bacon. I had a hard time with breakfast in the beginning of Atkins. I made tofu scramble for my breakfast.

Take a package of tofu, drain it and mash it up with a fork. Add some turmeric (1/2 tsp), curry powder (1/4 tsp), onion powder(1 TBS), coriander (1/4 tsp) and cumin (1/4 tsp). Mix well. Add a couple of tsp olive oil to a skillet. Add tofu, veggies, cheese and sausage or whatever else you like and heat.

0 carbs and packed with protein. I used to wrap some up in low carb tortillas and freeze them for an easy breakfast burrito on a busy morning.

Tofu isn't zero carbs I'm afraid, it's a couple of carbs per 100g and most of the spices used, onion powder etc, also contain carbs. All legal but do make sure you work out the carb count and include it in your daily total. A whole pack of tofu in my larder for example is just over 10g carbs so you'd want to moderate how much you have and include it in your daily carb allowance.

Back