Green Day Need some soup inspiration please!

AngelicFruitcake

I am thinking about making a soup for lunches in work this week but really need some inspiration as I find a lot of the recipes bland and a bit yukky!!! I've also found I prefer my soups chunky rather than blended. I really want to try and keep to superfree foods to try and get a loss this week too!

I have some tinned sweetcorn, some tomatoes (chopped tinned and fresh cherry), onions, carrots and peppers.

I was also wondering if anyone has any good recipes for a chowder style soup where I could add salmon as a HEB and milk as HEA???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

well I have a recipe for a nice soup/stew, it's next to no syns, I think I worked it out to be 1/8...

beanfeast stew
serves 4

ingredients
fry light
garlic, crushed

onion, roughly chopped
large carrot, sliced
leek, sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g tin butter beans, rinsed
400g tin flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
1 level tbsp tomato puree
450ml vegetable stock
2 tsp thyme
salt and black pepper

method
1) in a large saucepan cook the garlic, onion, carrot and leek in fry light for 3-4 minutes or until soft but not discoloured.

2) then add the chopped tomatoes, butter beans, flageolet beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock and thyme. simmer for 20 minutes uncovered until it reduces a little and serve.

you can freeze it if you want to, its also really nice with a couple of quorn sausages grill as the packet instructions and cut into thick slices

I've a few soup recipes in my siggy link, all vege but you could add meat to them.

Back