Green Day Need some soup inspiration please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by AngelicFruitcake, 15 March 2011 Social URL.

1. AngelicFruitcake

AngelicFruitcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(8.15%)
    I am thinking about making a soup for lunches in work this week but really need some inspiration as I find a lot of the recipes bland and a bit yukky!!! I've also found I prefer my soups chunky rather than blended. I really want to try and keep to superfree foods to try and get a loss this week too!

I have some tinned sweetcorn, some tomatoes (chopped tinned and fresh cherry), onions, carrots and peppers.

I was also wondering if anyone has any good recipes for a chowder style soup where I could add salmon as a HEB and milk as HEA???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. apparentlyarin

apparentlyarin Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well I have a recipe for a nice soup/stew, it's next to no syns, I think I worked it out to be 1/8...

beanfeast stew
    serves 4

ingredients
    fry light
    garlic, crushed

onion, roughly chopped
    large carrot, sliced
    leek, sliced
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    200g tin butter beans, rinsed
    400g tin flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
    1 level tbsp tomato puree
    450ml vegetable stock
    2 tsp thyme
    salt and black pepper

method
    1) in a large saucepan cook the garlic, onion, carrot and leek in fry light for 3-4 minutes or until soft but not discoloured.

2) then add the chopped tomatoes, butter beans, flageolet beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock and thyme. simmer for 20 minutes uncovered until it reduces a little and serve.

you can freeze it if you want to, its also really nice with a couple of quorn sausages grill as the packet instructions and cut into thick slices

4. AngelicFruitcake

AngelicFruitcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(8.15%)
    oo this sounds nice with the beans and the sausage, my tesco shop is coming tonight so might try this tomorrow!

5. apparentlyarin

apparentlyarin Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hope you like it :)

6. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I've a few soup recipes in my siggy link, all vege but you could add meat to them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.