need some support please

matronix

Hi All
have not posted on for a while but have been keeping a check on you all though.
Have had a real blip in the last few weeks resulting in a gian of about 10lbs. I did expect some of it as have been idle due to operation at end of august. Totally out of routine, unable to work or do anything active for the last three weeks so have comfort eat hence weight gain. Still have at least another 3 weeks off work but able to get about a bit more now.
I could see the old pattern of eating emerge and all due to total boredom. There are only so many books you can read and T.V numbs my brain after a while. Have tried to really knock the eating on its head for the last two days with good success as I have been able to get out of the house. Then again there is only so much shopping I can do and a limit to the pennies in my pocket.
Have thought of getting back on the plan again ie a week of shakes wich wouodnt bother me really except I have a lot f fresh fruit and veg in and it wioll go to waste.
What do you suggest get back to healthy eating of fruit fish veg or a week of the plan

Hi Matronix

My personal opinion, and it is only my opinion I would say get back to healthy eating straight away. No point pretending, if you carry on like you are (no matter what excuse) then you will start to put all your weight on tht you lost...simple as that really....sorry, dont mean to sound hard, but I just would hate to see you waste all the hard work.

We can make lots of excuses but at the end of the day, you are allowing food to fill something in your life! DONT...you are made of better stuff than that.

I am all for learning to live your life with food and knowing that overeating will inevitably lead to weight gain..the sooner you get that in your mind again, the sooner you will get your resolve again to want to keep the weight off.

I hope you make the right decision..ultimately, your destiny is in your hands, no one elses..and I think going back on LT is too easy...I think you have learnt too much.

Hope you dont think I am being horrid or nasty..I am saying this, hoping someone would say the same to me in the same position.

Take good care.

Hi,
sorry to hear you are having a bit of a hard time of it lately. You have done so well on this diet and all that has happened is a blip. I am with Scotsmist on the healthy eating bit over LT. You have said that you could see the old pattern of eating out of boredom happening so you now know what the issue is you just have to address it. You will just have to find some non eating ways to do it and to keep you solvent you will have to find some non spending ways to do so also.
Hope you can continue the good work you have been doing for the last couple of days. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Hi, sorry to hear you have been ill, but nice to see that you are recovering. Well if you cant move about, due to the operation, then boredom would most definitely make me eat too.

If i was you, I would get back onto healthy eating and I am sure the lbs will soon slip away.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have seen the light

Hi All
Back on track again and feel more comfortable without that bloated feeling. I had a few days where I stuck mainly to fruit and veg which was quite cleansing and felt better. Back now to healthy eating and being busy and a little more active.
Looking at the situation clearly, weighing up the pro's and con's of eating like I was beginning to clearly highlighted that the consequences clearly outweighed the benefits.
Thank you all for your kind and honest answers which clearly matched my own thoughts.:)

Back