Need some support :(....

*_*cupcake*_*

Silver Member
Thought id come on here to have a chat as im feeling pretty rubbish tbh, i were diagnosed with epilepsy in December and im now on lamotrogine to keep the seizures at bay. The only problem is I feel really weird on them, I feel sick often and get light headed, I also feel extremely depressed, basically cry atleast 5 times a week, is there anyone else on this medication?
I were doing so well food wise but today ive had a really bad low and ate so much but now feeling worse than I did :( I just domt feel normal and its really upsetting!
I see my neaurologist on friday so im hoping dhe can explain why im feeling like this! Sorry about being so depressing I just feel like I need to let it out!
Sarah xx

I didn't want to read and run. I have no experience of epliepsy but there are a lot of medications that can make you feel very low.
Tell the neurologist everything and they should be able to help you one way or another.
Sending hugs :bighug: and I hope you start to feel better soon. Surround yourself with positive things and talking can always help, don't ever feel alone.
x

Thank you so much for your reply, I just needed to get it off my chest and sometimes its easier when its not in person. I have an amazing fiance and friends who support me well which i am blessed with. It just gets really hard sometimes thats al. Especially trying to diet at the samr time but my weight depresses me even more. Its catch 21! xx

Sometimes it can be easier to talk out your problems to someone not directly involved. Better out than in!
I'm glad you have some lovely people around you to support you in your day to day life. x

Thought id come on here to have a chat as im feeling pretty rubbish tbh, i were diagnosed with epilepsy in December and im now on lamotrogine to keep the seizures at bay. The only problem is I feel really weird on them, I feel sick often and get light headed, I also feel extremely depressed, basically cry atleast 5 times a week, is there anyone else on this medication?
I were doing so well food wise but today ive had a really bad low and ate so much but now feeling worse than I did :( I just domt feel normal and its really upsetting!
I see my neaurologist on friday so im hoping dhe can explain why im feeling like this! Sorry about being so depressing I just feel like I need to let it out!
Sarah xx

Hi luv,

I am sorry to hear you arent feeling yourself. I wouldnt know what its like to be on that medication but i really do empathise with you. I think speaking with the neurologist is the best thing to do, no one should have to take something that makes them feel the way you are describing and hopefully they will find something that works better. May be trial and error so bare with it.

As for eating.. Dont beat yourself up about it, we all do it. It doesnt need to be an issue if you dont make it one. Accept you've overeaten, assess why and what triggered it.. Then move on and start a fresh. Things dont have to continue into a pattern you can draw a line under it. Hold on to the negative feelings associated with not eating good and hold onto those.

Remember how great you felt when you lost? When you were 100% for a full day or few days? Nothing will beat that feeling. X

Sometimes it can be easier to talk out your problems to someone not directly involved. Better out than in!
I'm glad you have some lovely people around you to support you in your day to day life. x

That's very true and just by having a chat on here about if I feel much better so thank you :) I'm going to try and think positive today even though im absolutely shattered! Lol x

Hi luv,

I am sorry to hear you arent feeling yourself. I wouldnt know what its like to be on that medication but i really do empathise with you. I think speaking with the neurologist is the best thing to do, no one should have to take something that makes them feel the way you are describing and hopefully they will find something that works better. May be trial and error so bare with it.

As for eating.. Dont beat yourself up about it, we all do it. It doesnt need to be an issue if you dont make it one. Accept you've overeaten, assess why and what triggered it.. Then move on and start a fresh. Things dont have to continue into a pattern you can draw a line under it. Hold on to the negative feelings associated with not eating good and hold onto those.

Remember how great you felt when you lost? When you were 100% for a full day or few days? Nothing will beat that feeling. X

Hiya Katy,

Thanks for your reply it means alot :)

Yeah I'm hoping the neurologist will help me alot and if not change my tablets then give me alot of support.
As for my eating I think it was just for comfort last night I just wanted something to make me feel happy but infact it did the opposite I've woke up feeling frumpy and asking myself why?! But I'm going to try not let it get to me as that's another thing I don't want to work myself up over.
Back on it this morning start by walking to work and hopefully as day goes on ill feel much better.
Xx

Hwo logn have you been on the medication? I know when I've been on anti depressants they said it can take about six weeks for the side effects to wear off, maybe it's something like that? But definitely talk to your doctor/neurologist so see what they suggest and lots and lots of loveliness to you you're dealing with a lot right!

Hwo logn have you been on the medication? I know when I've been on anti depressants they said it can take about six weeks for the side effects to wear off, maybe it's something like that? But definitely talk to your doctor/neurologist so see what they suggest and lots and lots of loveliness to you you're dealing with a lot right!

I've been on them almost 2 months now so not long but I feel like I can't deal with it anymore. Maybe he will just say I need to give it more time or lower my dose I'm not sure but like you say ill have a chat with him and hopefully ill come out happier than i go in :) thank you for your kind words x

Hey darling, one thing at a time! DO NOT beat yourself up re diet. Get your health straight then focus on the rest.

I find it interesting that you've been on the meds 2months but the sickness and sadness is more recent. I don't know anything about this medication but is it helping the epilepsy? Have you looked it up on NHS or webmd? Just to see if it is that making you feel that way? There must be something else that can give you.

Keep smiling and stop feeling bad! Promise it'll all work out. Keep updating your diary-diet or not! xxxxxx

Hey darling, one thing at a time! DO NOT beat yourself up re diet. Get your health straight then focus on the rest.

I find it interesting that you've been on the meds 2months but the sickness and sadness is more recent. I don't know anything about this medication but is it helping the epilepsy? Have you looked it up on NHS or webmd? Just to see if it is that making you feel that way? There must be something else that can give you.

Keep smiling and stop feeling bad! Promise it'll all work out. Keep updating your diary-diet or not! xxxxxx

Well I were increasing my tablets every 2 weeks as I needed to wean myself on them and so I'm on 6 a day now and I feel worse than I did.
I haven't had another seizure as of yet so touch wood it is working.
I've actually had a really good day today :) not been great food wise but I've been happy, also been shopping with my friend so looking at all the spring clothes really makes me want to look nice :) xxxx

Well I were increasing my tablets every 2 weeks as I needed to wean myself on them and so I'm on 6 a day now and I feel worse than I did.
I haven't had another seizure as of yet so touch wood it is working.
I've actually had a really good day today :) not been great food wise but I've been happy, also been shopping with my friend so looking at all the spring clothes really makes me want to look nice :) xxxx

You being happy is most important thing!!!!!! Xxx

Definitely speak to your neurologist, there are (nearly) always different variations of medications. It is a trial and error approach to finding the right one for you, but i'm sure you will :)

Make a note of everything you want to discuss with your Dr on friday, and if you can, take a diary with you of what's happened and when you have felt down and how it relates to your tablets. If you're anything like me I go in to the Dr's with loads I want to say and instantly forget it all when I get in there, when I get out I remember it all but it's too late!

Hope it goes well when you see the Dr x

Definitely speak to your neurologist, there are (nearly) always different variations of medications. It is a trial and error approach to finding the right one for you, but i'm sure you will :)

Make a note of everything you want to discuss with your Dr on friday, and if you can, take a diary with you of what's happened and when you have felt down and how it relates to your tablets. If you're anything like me I go in to the Dr's with loads I want to say and instantly forget it all when I get in there, when I get out I remember it all but it's too late!

Hope it goes well when you see the Dr x

Yeah I'm deffo going to write a list, that's a good idea as like you I forget everything when I get in there! I have kept a diary with my food in and I also write feelings so I can look back :) thanks for your reply :) xx

Back