Need some support!

sonya

Hey, I'm returning back to CD and I have every intention of losing the weight this time. The end of relationship with my partner is what is providing me with determination!

I have never lost weight on CD due to my own faults but I am already into Ketosis (due to complete lack of appetite during the break up) and I have lost 12lbs since Thursday and today is Tuesday.

I have been browsing the site and I am amazed that people including me, can lose so much weight and be healthy and slim again. I've wanted this for so long that even though I have lost 12lbs (I have a need to repeat this) I still can't believe that I will be any thinner!

So can I please ask for some support? I also wonder if people who have lost over 3st can tell me how your skin copes when you lose so much weight in such a short amount of time. I'm a little worried about that.

Keep up the good work everyone cos reading your stories, I truly believe that I can do this!

Hi I have only lost 9 pounds so far, so skin is still stretched to its MAXIMUM, I will hopefully be able to tell you what losing 3 stone is like on your body, when I finally get there :)
Good luck with ur weight loss journey, Congrats on your weight loss so far. I hope everything works out for you and will speak to you soon on lots of other threads when you are talking bout ur weight losses x x

Hi Sonya, welcome to minimins. Im just starting CD again too and this time I really mean it. Something about ending a relationship spurs you on doesnt it? Ive literally just left a 22 year relationship and want to be the person I know I am buried under all this blubber.
How much do you want to lose? Ive about 9 stone to go.

Tell me about it!

Hey, tell me about it. When a relationship ends it's the perfect thing to spur you on to lose weight.

I want to lose 4st but as I said originally, I just don't think that will ever be possible even by doing CD 100%. I think that it has been a dream for so long that I just can't believe I can be a size 12 again.

Have you been on CD before?

Hi sonya
I'm sure your going to do well ... How about joining one of the Cd teams ? think there may be some places left , have a look at the cd teams , think there are some left .
With the water it helps keep the skin looking good . If you mean tonning of skin , It all depends on the person .

Hey well done on ur weight loss so far. You have the best incentive a break up (((((HUGS)))) hope ur ok with that. But heres hoping the weight loss will give you the boost you need.

Thank you so much for replying to you all. MsJMC I do not know how to join the CD teams, I have tried, believe me. So if anyone can talk me through it step by step, I'll really really appreciate it. I think it can really help being part of a team and having the support there too.

Hi sonya
Go on the blue bar at the top go to forum jump and in there should have CD teams , well once there you will find if there are any places on any teams . if you see a CD place ask to join it .

Thanks for that MsJMC.

It feels great to chat to someone on here. Reading lots though and it's really motivating!

Hi Sonya, well done on your weight loss so far. I dont know how tall you are but my stats are quite similar to yours. I lost about 3 and half stone last year and put half on. Struggling to get completely back into it but family bereavement followed by the funeral tomorrow has got me off stride but hoping thurs will see 100% commitment.
Anyway, my skin whilst not at target is okay. Stretchmarks are from pregnancies and theres nothing can be done about them. At 11.4 on hol in October i wore a bikini whilst sunbathing (def not walking anywhere!) and i felt more confident than i have done in years.
Good luck to you.
Mx

Hey, tell me about it. When a relationship ends it's the perfect thing to spur you on to lose weight.

I want to lose 4st but as I said originally, I just don't think that will ever be possible even by doing CD 100%. I think that it has been a dream for so long that I just can't believe I can be a size 12 again.

Have you been on CD before?
Trust me sonya, I didn't believe it either but now I know anything is possible! Eye forward, head down, charge ahead!:drivesaint00::superwoman:

Last edited:
Hiya... go for it, honey. I have lost almost 3 stone (I am 1lb away) and my skin seems fine, & I am prone to stretchmarks so I am relieved that it's OK. I have taken advice from other CD regulars and use a body-butter to moisturise after a bath/shower, something I never did before. I have another 12lbs to go so I hope this keeps on working. The feeling as you get closer to target is fab, and you have made a BRILLIANT start so keep on going... and good luck!
xxx

Thanks Edibeedee, Katycakes and everyone else for your support and for sharing your experiences.

I met my CD counsellor for the first time yesterday and have now officially started the CD! I'm so excited and due to my lack of appetite during my break up, I now have a head start.

Although, can I ask for some more advice/guidance/experience sharing? I'm on day 6 and although I have now lost 13lbs and feel positive, I'm feeling quite sluggish today. I'm also feeling quite light headed. Is this normal? I am drinking at least 8pints of water a day.

As mentioned, cos of my loss of appetite during my break up, I hadn't eaten a single thing three days prior to starting the cambridge. Do you think because now I've consumed something, that my body is adjusting? I don't know, I'm just speculating and guessing. I've just seen so many different types of people on here that I thought someone should be able to help!lol

Thanks

hi sonya , I would not over do things , if you feel lightheaded is it after you have gone say upstairs or done housework , being on CD you can't really go over doing things , just slow down on things . I have known people to post this . Unsure why if they have been doing the water and the right amount of shakes , how tall are you ? and how many shakes do you know ?

Thanks, I have still been getting on with housework and never stoped to think about how much engery I'm using!

Wow, you don't have to do housework? Why didn't I start this diet sooner?! lol

I do feel better since I have been sitting down and reading posts on here, so I guess that is the way to go.

If you look now , there is 3 places I think on one of them teams , just click on the link i just gave ,

Hi sonya
just wanted to say good luck with the weight loss, I have been thinking of doing the CD for a while but still not sure its for me.
well except for the no housework part lol.
anyway hope you are well and congratulations on the weight loss so far.
Manda x

Thanks Ms JMC I will definitely go on that link and join a team, it's just what I need.

XxXMandaXxX, I have tried doing CD before but it's really difficult until jus one day at any moment you snap. You think thats it, but for me, I really need to see someone around me who had lost so much weight but because I haven't witnessed it, I don't believe it.

Keep trying cos that's what I did and after not taking it seriously for a year, I have now managed to do it. Everyone has a breaking point that drives them to want to change for the better!

Always here if you need to chat and to offer support and whatever little advice I can.

x

Thank you Sonya
thats very reassuring to know, I know i eed to do it and have been on the weight watchers one for almost 6 months but im just stuck. dont lose, dont put on, ive tried everything. my auntie and cousin are on the cd and are doing brilliantly, but ive seen just how hard it can be and that has put me off a little. I suppose a chat with a cd counsellor might help me to make a decision but i dont want to jump in when im not ready because of how much it costs. I cant afford to fail.
thank you so much for the offer its nice to know there are such caring people on here to talk to. x

Manda x

Back