Need somebody & general chit chat

So would I.....my sister in law has just that her husband makes every meal for her and I mean everything is in the fridge in bowls ready to eat and he start work at 6.30am (not in the least bit jealous lol)

you basically eat foods which are low on the glycemic index (GI) and this makes your blood sugar levels remain at a steady level.

for example, if you eat a chocolate bar this would make your blood sugar level shoot up, then it would crash soon after. when you crash you feel tired, irritable and also crave sugar...as your body wants to get your blood sugar level back up again. we mistake this for wanting to binge uncontrolably on sugary foods, but it's actually your body telling you it's crashed....so eating something like pasta would be a slow release carb (low GI), hence why you feel full for so long after eating it.

if you eat low GI foods they help to keep your blood sugar level at a steady constant. you feel fuller and you shouldn't crave sugary foods.

you could just remain on SW and look into low GI foods and try and base meals around it. that way you still get you sins ;)

there's a GI index forum on minimins....they'll be able to answer any questions about it better than me. i don't know a great deal about it, but i do personally eat pasta, etc. on days i feel like binging and it helps me 100% :)

karen has a really good point there MB. When I eat loads of pasta and potatoes I don't crave chocolate so much

......... dont think anything in the world would help me craving chocolate........ apart from chocolate! xxx

iv printed off a list of GI food....i eat most of it as my normal meals lol and still crave chocolate, in fact iv had stir fry and noodles tonight and am currently craving somethign sweet as i type lol just a lost cause really

Chocolate snackajacks!!!!!!!!! Chocolate orange Alpen Lights!!!!!!!!! Chocolate mini milks!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

it wouldnt just be 1 or 2 though would it, its would be a whole packet LOL. im sewing at the moment so trying to keep my mind off it. iv got some mullers in the fridge and some grapes so if it gets to bad i can eat those te he

oh yeah i bought some minimilks today after i learned how low syns they have and just to help when i need a sweet fix

did an exercise vid' before tea, was a bit of a challenge but at least it was something more than nothing, which is what i normally do.

currently ironing, my pile of ironing seems to be 4 times smaller than my partners, why is that always the case

made my partner chocolate crispie buns (there his fav) this afternoon and did even lick the spoon.....proud of myself :)

Back