Need the best Vege Lasagne Recipe Please!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by muppet1, 21 July 2008 Social URL.

1. muppet1

muppet1 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have seen the one on the sw website, is this a good one?

Anyone have a nicer one?

I love Marks and Spencers Roast veg lasagne and its only about 3 syns if I remember so if I could get one as nice as that that I could make and freeze etc that would be fab

Thanks in Advance

Katie
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i just throw stuff in when I make mine.

I use aubergine (sliced and grilled first), loads of tomatoes, onions, garlic, cumin, paprika, black pepper. You could use a syn or 2 on adding tomato paste to make a richer tomato flavour that has a bit more depth to it. I also add some marmite for this purpose. You could use any veg really. Spinach based ones are nice. Or grill a few peppers, courgettes, aubergines, onions and use those. You could add quorn mince too

for the sauce I use quorn or v. low fat fromage frais with v. low fat yoghurt and an egg mixed in ... to make a runnier consistency and I add some nutmeg to the sauce

4. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find that lasagnes fall down because of the mystery egg/yogurt/cheese topping that SW tends to put on all their recipes. I can never get mine to turn out nice and golden and it's always charred almost!

If it were me (and I've never tried this but it sounds good!), I would do all the roasted veg with some frylight and balsamic vinegar, do your tomato sauce how you like it (I heard the Sainsury's creamed tomatoes are lovely and free! Add some fresh or dried herbs to it, some onion and garlic) and for the cheese sauce I would use a packet like Schwartz which is between 3-7 syns per sachet depending on what one you buy and top this off with some parmesan or mozzarella as a HEX.

Hmmm...might give this a go this week! That would easily serve 4 if not more and only be 1-2 syns per portion for the cheese sauce.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.