Need the spark back in my life and my butt in skinny jeans...

Saruk88

Silver Member
Hiya all,

Thanks for popping past my thread.

I'm a 25 year old female and have well and truly lost it with myself. Without being all dreary and dramatic, I've just lost all enthusiasm for really living and I know that it's down to my weight. I'm 25 and yet I feel 80! I have no energy, I'm tired most of the time and all the things that I used to love, like going out clubbing with my friends, parties, shopping and going to the theatre etc are such a strain now ... I get so put off because I never know what to wear, wearing heels just cripples me, I don't feel comfortable physically or mentally and the thought of trying to find a new outfit just fills me with fear (okay, I know that was a little dramatic).

I joined the gym recently and when I've gone, I've really loved it. I had just been going swimming but this week I went to the actual gym, went on the cross trainer, did some weights and finished with swimming ... And I honestly really loved it. For the first time in my life I really felt that burn in my muscles that people talk about and it was great! Hurt like hell, but great. So, tonight I had plans to go back and really enjoy it. And did I go? No. Sure, I'm going away tomorrow, I hadn't finishing packing, I needed to sort everything out this evening as we're leaving at 8.15am, but if I really tried, I could have squeezed it all in. Instead, I had some left over Chinese takeaway and a chocolate bar ... What the hell?!

So now, I'm all angry and annoyed at myself and decided I'd join a forum to try and get inspiration and encouragement. Apparently I can't trust myself! I've had a bit of a pamper session as in my head that'll help me get started and I'm going to create a to-do list so that when I come back from my weekend I can organise my life ... Organised life, organised mind, organised body...

I know this is the point where I say what I weigh ... But I don't know. I've just turned the flat upside down wondering how on earth I could lose a set of scales and it turns out my boyfriend took them to work with him. I've asked him to bring them back next week, but in the meantime, I think I weigh about 15st7. This is just an estimate, I don't tend to weigh myself often, so it could be worse :-/ I'm about a size 18 and I have a lot to lose.

So, that's me ... Kudos if you stuck to the end of that rant! I'm not following a diet as such, I'm going to try and do it by healthy eating and plenty of exercise. This week I'm going to be as well behaved as going away with friends to a food and drink festival allows, and if I can't check in at the weekend, I will when I get back on Monday.

Hope everyone has a successful and lovely weekend,

Saruk

Hi. You have taken the first step stop being so hard on yourself and for having a little slip up. You sound like you have a plan and enjoy exercising so you will be fine. There is alot of support on here. Good luck on your journey :) x

Hi got2doit - thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I'm generally not so hard on myself but Friday I was pretty mad, haha. Yes, I'm really hoping this site will motive me to lose, lose, lose! Fingers crossed!

i hope your weightloss is going really well :)

Back