Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hi,

Thanks Irene!

We're having a weird day here today. 3 power cuts during the course of the night (it wakes us up as the phones whine!), Dad had to cut off the power to the shed (freezer/washing machine) to get it back the last time, it kept tripping. Then he works out the cable between house & shed has gone so he rigs up an over-land bypass so that we don't lose everything in the freezer. Then the kitchen ring-main goes down too. The blender is emitting current even when not switched on as he's just found out having run out to buy a meter this afternoon. This is the 1st time we've had the internet all day but our phone line is still out, I think they're working on it at the exchange. Seems weird that we have the internet but no dialling tone. (I've had trouble ringing Mum all week so maybe they've been playing about a lot this week!)

It's not a good day! Dad has been fire-fighting all day & is in an iffy mood. Every time he fixes something he discovers something else is out that's unrelated. Also my previous estimate has gone up slightly since my PM by about 1k but will wait to break the news until I have all the news!

If you can't get me by phone or on here you know why!

Love Anch xxx

Horrible, horrible morning!
Was in a grumpy mood anyway as I failed to tackle Dad last night about the stuff I needed to talk to him about. Then I put myself into shock this morning by nearly running over a small child. I was approaching red traffic lights when he came running from between parked cars about 20 yds from the lights & practically alongside me. It's amazing how fast a 6ish yr old can run! I did an emergency stop & practically headbutted the wheel only to look up & find him standing in the middle of my windscreen looking scared less than a foot away. We all thought I was going to hit him. His mother apologised & all 3 of us cried & I was a nervous wreck when I finally reached work this morning. (I rang Mum & she pretty much chanted: you didn't hit him, it's not your fault, but felt it necessary to add: Well, at least you'll look everywhere as you go down that road now... P.S. It's a school route & there were kids everywhere, I wasn't expecting a lemming!)

Anja xxx

Quick update on Sunday:

Wasn't blender was the 30 yr old fusebox leading out to the shed, which had a fuse burnt into the moulding & was the cause of both kitchen & shed problems. Still no phone at home, TalkTalk are doing a call forwarding thing to Mum's mobile today & until it gets sorted.

Hi Irene,

Sorry my internet hasn't been up & I've been ridiculously busy with work.

How are you hon? I have been stress eating for England & have regained my 6lbs lost since Christmas; back to 12,0 again but am back with the programme and aiming to lose it again and more before my March hol... Ate healthily last night and with 2 shakes a day plus a healthy meal I'll get down again quickly again... 11,13 this morning so 1 down already.

Better go do some work.
Hope you've had a lovely holiday.

Love Anja xxx

Hi Irene,

Fine thanks hon. How are you? Did you have a nice holiday? Where did you go?

Congrats on being a WeMITTs mod!

We're still fairly busy at work at the mo. Got Julian's last Tax Return done today but tomorrow & Wed will be trying to get Mike's finished & doing a flurry of billing for Julian as he tidies up loose ends!

Back up to 12,0 again. I must stop eating rubbish at weekends. Am going back to 3 packs, (was on 2 packs 1 meal during the week & 3 meals a day at weekends which obviously isn't working. Must have MORE willpower!) My weightloss chart would look like a roller coaster if I plotted it! Might do that in fact, to keep my focus.

Anyway Dad is due to ring about a work computer prob in a min so I'd better go!

Love to Cat & to Ailsa!

Love xxx

Spent the week at the lake District near Newby Bridge and had a great peaceful time. When does your new course start?

And how are you Ailsa?

Irene xx

Hi Irene,

The Lake District sounds lovely! (I'm very under-travelled I've never been but maybe someday!)

Technically my course started on the 27th but I started early & posted my first assignment off yesterday. It was due 9th Feb with a second due around early March but as I'm in Spain for 10 days in March I need to get both done soonish & then carry on as I expect there's an April one required soon after that... Am therefore aiming to get the first 3 done before my hol! Grrr but at least I can go away with a light heart!

Pure Maths this year! What am I doing?!
Love xxx

Hi Anja,

You are very busy this year alright and you will soon have that little bit of weight off again.

Congratulations on your 1st Year Anniversary since starting your diet journey.

Time flies and you have done exceptionally well.:)

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Anja and Irene!!

Sorry, sorry (again) for being so poor at staying in touch but life is manic at the mo! Loads of lovely clients who all inspire me and keep me on my toes diet wise I can tell you and the boy is doing Judo/swimming/social life etc - my time's just not my own at the minute. Just had to organise car insurance as mine runs out at midnight - tonight - luckily KwikFit were great and v. reasonable - saved me £75 over Tesco reinsure price - the savings will go some way to make up for the £141 it cost to get a new TV aerial!
Got clients all Sat. morning, need to make shoe box rainforest in the afternoon (don't ask!!!) whilst also ironing and cleaning house etc. Boy has Judo grading all Sunday am so need to miss church:( and then some dear longtime friends who have just returned from abroad are coming to tea on Sunday - which will be hard as am SSing back down to optimum weight right now - and my teas are legendary! However as SS seems to have kicked in and this is the end of day 6 blipless I want to stay in the zone!! Weight last Sat was 11-5 -double eeeekkkkk and today it was 10-11 - phew. Annoyingly it was 10-10 yesterday but I know I'm in the pink and I know I'm sticking to it so I am losing weight and when I get it in to my dunderhead that getting on the scales everyday is pointless I will stop fretting and chill:D
Don't get me wrong SS again isn't proving easy but by gritting my teeth a lot and fuming, stropping and probably being very unpleasant to be around I'm sticking to it. I AM going to see 9 something on those scales soon!
Off to watch Truth about Food on Beeb2 now, in Court all next week on mega case, will do my very best to check in this weekend - have a good 'un!

Much love as always,
A
xxxx:D

Sorry hon!

I've also been a bit rubbish lately! Have been busy with Tax Rets etc. up to end Jan and then billing & spring cleaning since then.

First Maths assignment went in, started 2nd book yesterday with 2nd assignment due 2nd March so will need to get my a into g.

Spent weekend tidying room/choosing paint for lounge/dining room, (despite spare room as yet not done & we have guests booked for August so must do asap!) and went to see Miss Potter at cinema which was great.

Weight seems stuck at 11,13 which is my own fault as I need to fight weekend temptation and haven't yet managed it. Do really well all week & then eat too much yummy stuff every weekend so am still gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. 6 weeks until my holiday so serious effort required.

Hope you're both doing really well.
Love to all
Love Anja xxx

Bloody laptop - just typed a whole screed and then the whole thing flipped and I've lost it all!!!!! Will call you soon, want to tell you what I bought with my vouchers!
Love ya!
A
xxxx

Hi hon,

Sorry I'm being useless! Have gained & lost the same 2lbs for about 4 weeks now with my weekend weights the same as my Christmas weight every week BUT I bit the bullet this weekend and am 2lbs down today so maybe I'll be 4lbs down by next weekend & can use that as an incentive not to put weight on at the weekend. (Today is 11,12 - roll on 10 stone something!)

How are you and Cat both doing?

Work has died down now and I should be doing Maths but I'm procrastinating on here instead!

Love to Ailsa! (Check out the Wemitt thread hon - the HTLGN programme finally got back to Ann!)

Love Anja xxx

Hi Ailsa & Irene,

97% in the first part of my first assignment (due 9th Feb).
2nd part due 2nd March but should finish it either today or this weekend.
2nd assignment (i.e. the last one I wanted to get done before my hol due early April) aiming to be done before hol on 23rd March.

Just keeping you up to date.

Love
Anja xxx

Well done Anja!

Big respect - you must be soooo pleased to get such a fab mark - well done again!
Sorry I've not been around much - half term and it's all gone horribly wrong.
On Tuesday the blasted milkman decided to reverse his milk van (not float) into the back of my car and now it looks like it's a write off as it's too expensive to repair it versus the value:cry:
Added to which effing Dairy Crest have still not rung me back - I don't even have their insurance details. So now I have a car which I can drive but I can't lock so the insurance company won't cover me. As Dairy Crest aren't talking to them either I don't have a hire car but I guess the minute they decide to write it off I won't get one.
I'm going to be lucky to get half what it would cost me to buy an equivalent car so basically we're car-less - all because some stupid TW*T didn't look behind him before reversing (at speed and over 20 yards). I know it could have been a whole lot worse - he could have hit me or the boy -but the sheer inconvenience and the fact that I'm not going to get an automatic, 2.3L, aircon, leather, reversing sensor, tinited windows, tow bar, full electric pack etc for what they are going to offer me. As I have no one who can help me with cars I have to buy one that will be reliable and not cost a fortune to run. I had decided to keep my car until it ran into the ground - it's so reliable and costs nothing but regular servicing etc.
Sorry, I'm no fun at the moment and feeling really crap, the diet has gone for a complete burton so it's SS for me from Sunday - at least I can be bad tempered with a good reason then!
I'm off to ring the insurance company again and see if I can persuade them not to ditch my beloved car.
A
:wave_cry:

I'll give you a ring tonight, hon!

Oh dear! Chin up! (Keep ringing Dairy Crest - if you annoy them enough they'll get back to you!)

Talk later.

(((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Anja xxx

Hi Ailsa & Irene,

97% in the first part of my first assignment (due 9th Feb).
2nd part due 2nd March but should finish it either today or this weekend.
2nd assignment (i.e. the last one I wanted to get done before my hol due early April) aiming to be done before hol on 23rd March.

Just keeping you up to date.

Love
Anja xxx

Congratulations Anja on your marks that is wonderful 97%:)

Also well done on your weight loss.

Love Mini xxx

Big respect - you must be soooo pleased to get such a fab mark - well done again!
Sorry I've not been around much - half term and it's all gone horribly wrong.
On Tuesday the blasted milkman decided to reverse his milk van (not float) into the back of my car and now it looks like it's a write off as it's too expensive to repair it versus the value:cry:
Added to which effing Dairy Crest have still not rung me back - I don't even have their insurance details. So now I have a car which I can drive but I can't lock so the insurance company won't cover me. As Dairy Crest aren't talking to them either I don't have a hire car but I guess the minute they decide to write it off I won't get one.
I'm going to be lucky to get half what it would cost me to buy an equivalent car so basically we're car-less - all because some stupid TW*T didn't look behind him before reversing (at speed and over 20 yards). I know it could have been a whole lot worse - he could have hit me or the boy -but the sheer inconvenience and the fact that I'm not going to get an automatic, 2.3L, aircon, leather, reversing sensor, tinited windows, tow bar, full electric pack etc for what they are going to offer me. As I have no one who can help me with cars I have to buy one that will be reliable and not cost a fortune to run. I had decided to keep my car until it ran into the ground - it's so reliable and costs nothing but regular servicing etc.
Sorry, I'm no fun at the moment and feeling really crap, the diet has gone for a complete burton so it's SS for me from Sunday - at least I can be bad tempered with a good reason then!
I'm off to ring the insurance company again and see if I can persuade them not to ditch my beloved car.
A
:wave_cry:

Hi Ailsa,

First of all thank God no one was hurt.

Sorry about your old car all the same, I know full well how attached one can get as I had my last one for 15 years!

I thought I would really miss it, she was perfect, well almost and now lives happly with her new owner, but now I think why did I ever hold onto it for so long as my new second hand one is so much easier to drive.

I hope you can get it all sorted!

Love Mini xx

Back