Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hiya!

Lettuce hey? No wonder I always feel sleepy after lunch!

Still 10,9 - can't break this... probably the fact that I went well over on Friday evening & my metabolism hasn't fought it yet... Will be very good the rest of this week & see where I am... Was 1100 cals only yesterday so getting there.

Got a message from bloke re car - either his father got taken into hospital for real or he's gone to the trouble of making up a good excuse (Sorry I'm a cynic!) - either way it looks like I should still be selling him my car sometime soon.

Can't quite recite Star Wars off by heart - but I DO know pretty much every line in advance while watching it!;)

Love xxx
Anch

Hope that bloke was telling the truth and he comes to hand over dosh and take car away!

Keep going with the diet and you KNOW you'll get there!

I have retreated from the tyranny of my scales and have left them downstairs (there for when clients come - new one tonight yippee!!) so am doing my very best not to get on them until Thursday morning for my weekly WI.

Have a look at this - me in the local newspaper - too bad I didn't buy a copy - d'uhhhh. I did actually buy the newspaper on Saturday but it was Friday's copy. Might have to go to local Post Office tonight and see if they have any old copies.
Have a peek here
Northampton News - Northampton Today: News, Sport, Jobs, Property, Cars, Entertainments & More

Have a good day, hope to catch up later - boss, Judo lessons and new client permitting!

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Hiya,

I'm also hoping he turns up... at least he replied, he could have ignored it!

Have had a 600 cal mini binge... I think I'm having PM eating rather than PMT. Sabotage is kicking in big time! Going to go watch Jamie Oliver in a min!

Paper looks great - well done! & they only put in an after shot too! Hope you're session goes well with your new client! Sounds like things are picking up!

Will have a quick read round then off at 9 to watch Channel 4.

Don't think Alison likes my hair; she commented on it being short without saying anything about it looking nice or anything... Oh well!

Love xxx

Well, I for one think your hair looks great - it really suits you and shows off your cheekbones and jawline - all of which I envy!

I was in tonight's paper - on front page and page 5 and they did print a before photo too - hidjus!!! My new client is lovely (and she'd read the paper too) and I'm sure she'll do well - she has good family support which always helps. Have another new client coming on Wednesday and spoke to another one this afternoon who weighs what I did when I started! All these people have weight related health problems which makes me realise how lucky I was to escape with just LDS on my leg - it could have been a lot worse!

Hope you've managed to stop the mini binge, I was feeling fine until my Ma just rang up gushing about "the wedding" of my debtor bro and his "munter" bride (my sister's term and somehow I don't think it's a compliment) now I just feel grumpy at being reminded that I've to waste my holiday leave, money and my time in schlepping the best part of 600miles in a day to attend their wedding when she can't even give me the time of day - rude c0w!!!!

Anyway, am off to catch up on Corrie and eat choc tetra ice cream before going to bed.

Hope you manage to sleep well,
Love,
A

Ailsa
Thank you for the compliments. I was 24 when i had Paul it seems a long time ago but he's still my little boy. Mam is not too good and is having problems breathing dr says it is fluid on the lung and she is retaining water in her feet too. Cat is loving college and is very happy

I love your article and i hope it brings in lots of clients. You really are an inspiration. The travelling up and down the A1 means i have not seen the sea for weeks but the good news is most of the holidaymakers have gone home. Aren't I selfish.
Hi Anja

Irene xx

Hi Irene

Whoooo! I didn't have you pegged for that age but much younger!
So it's true that even when your kids are adults they are still your kids?? I'm still in the throes of dealing with a recalcitrant child and am hoping it's going to get easier - sometimes I despair of ever getting it right! Goodness only knows what he will end up telling his shrink in years to come about his "dreadful" childhood! The lastest strop is cos I won't let him have a TV in his bedroom - he has a huge playroom with an even huger LCD tv in it but he's deprived cos he doesn't have a TV in his bedroom! Tough:mad:

Hope your Mam is ok and that you are able to look after her without it taking its toll on you too much. I hope she appreciates all that you do for her - I'm sure she does but probably doesn't always tell you so, if my elderly relatives are anything to go by.

Hope the weather is good and you get a bit of "Irene" time soon.

Lots of love,
A

Hey Anja

Hiya,
How are you doing?? Good I hope!

Was supposed to cycle to work today after volunteer reading (little K did FANTASTICALLY well today - he got 42 out of 44 words right first time! Last year he could manage about 30 on a good day) but then got a call from a v. nice lady who probably won't be a client but she'd seen article in paper and I think she wanted to chat to someone who'd done it to see if it would work for her.
Anyway after 20mins blethering (need to get handsfree for bike too) I cycled home to get the car so I could get to work at a fairly respectable time!

Then old colleague (lovely man) came in and was here for an hour chatting away and then other officers came in and failed to recognise me (ah, bless 'em) and then (no, I've not done much work at all today!) I spoke to my old buddy who's going back to work for the previous firm we worked for and so is moving back up here so we can get together more often - yeay!!! Plus old boss rang me to offer me congrats re article and to see if I wanted to go back like my mate is - no fear - I know when I'm well off!!!! Mind you a nice car would be super.....

Anyway, going home soon and we're going to go to forest for 5 mile cycle whilst weather is good (boy won't be pleased but tough t!tty) then to ToysRus to get gifts for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.

No scales weight to report this am as didn't officially weigh (yes, I know I'm an addict) but weight, dressed with trainers on was 10.7 something so hopefully official Thursday WI will be a good one!

Hope you are having a great day and not working too hard,
lots of love,
A

Hey hon!

Where you been all day - everything OK? If I don't hear from you soon I shall start to worry.
:confused:
Not much to report, we didn't go to the forest but did cycle up and down the farm tracks (4.5 miles) and saw some special commuter train that was making the journey up from London - there were at least 4 train spotters taking photos of this train - it looked like most other trains we see on the line each day;)

Then we went to Tesco to get some supplies and got the Op Christmas Child stuff - hope it's all suitable. Also managed to avoid buying stuff (black choc, prunes(!?!), cheese, yogurt etc) but did indulge in hot roast chicken and a few olives - again not quite AAM but hey - it's working for me and really I should be on maintenance by now if truth be told.

Sent out another 3 info packs today and have new customer (#5) coming tomorrow, fingers crossed! Now watching great doc. by Stephen Fry on bi-polar disorder and then going to bed as quite tired.

Hope all is well, let me know you're OK as you know I'm an old worry-butt!

Lots of love,
A

Hiya,

Sorry for not being around much!

Yesterday morning had to take dog to vet as she has a slight infection in a wound on her leg (but the vet was more concerned about her fleas which I can't seem to get rid of!)

Got to work at 9.30 and basically did 4 days work all in one go as Julian will be fishing in Wiltshire from today to Friday! I'm going to start my oral exam prep today & ring Churchill to find out what's going on with my claim!

Kept to my diet yesterday although was a bit over on Monday so Saturday & Monday naughty but Sunday & yesterday good... Today is planned as good so we'll see!

Spent a tiring evening last night trying to catch cats... Had to do Frontline & Program & for the dog those plus antibiotics + bathe her wound with a special wash, spoke to Guy, spoke to Mum then went to bed with a book. Huntley must have been told what's going on as I haven't got him yet but 3 out of 4 are done!

As you'll see the lettuce isn't making me sleepy - perhaps I shouldn't be having it for lunch? (I have salad planned again today as I have to use up some of the coleslaw/potato salad in the fridge).

Talk soon
Love xxx

It's suddenly decided the BB code of my 2 tickers is too long so I've had to take my Spanish countdown off - 17 days to go!

Love xxx

Hiya,

Phew glad all is well, I was starting to fret!

Your thing about the furries and the fleas reminds me that I must get Flea and Worm stuff from vets so they can be done in the cattery (I'm chickening out) when we're away. I'm taking them in next Thursday - well I'm saying them but it could just be one or otehr of them as they both seem to wander off these days. Will get cat litter box back from neighbour and trap them inside from the Wednesday I think.

Work quite steady - nice boss nipped up to other offices so get a chance to come on here. Cycled in again this morning (stopping to polish halo, natch!) with a personal best time of 21 minutes!

My best mate is coming over about 4.15ish with her son and we may or may not go to park again with other school kids before tea. Then after she goes I've a new client coming at 6pm! This makes 5 but I rather think number 1 has fallen by the wayside, I've tried contacting her a couple of times but it's quite tricky to walk the line between reminding and hassling! Then must go and see my CDC for a catch up - so tonight is busy busy!

Hope you are having a good day and not too tired after your early start!

Lots of love,
A

Hey hon,

Wanted a cheese salad roll for lunch today instead of just salad so I did... Whatever! Have been stuck at 10,9 for nearly 2 weeks now but seems so much better than the 14 something I was last January. My next target is 10 stone but so long as I stay the same without going up the constant urge to lose weight is really waning... I've found the things I crave don't usually put me up to anything like 2000 cals, my body seems to want to keep me at this weight now. Am still trying but keep giving in to things when I know I shouldn't. I am SOOO lazy at the minute. Was going to go swimming but didn't want to upset my hair as I only dyed it at the weekend (dark red again) and swimming caps are not the done thing at our local pool.

Anyway - well done on all the cycling & your new Clients... (Shame about the 1st one, silence is not usually a good sign!)

Caught the final prodigal son this morning so all fed, watered & "program-ed". He whinged but then wanted more turkey ham to take the taste away & wolfed his brekkie. He & Smudgie were pretty good whereas Quinn tried to scratch me to pieces & and I ended up wearing most of his where he was oozing it out of the sides of his mouth!

Hope you have a nice time at the park. Will try NOT to get up mid morning today... My brain seems to wake up at 4am most days now!

Started oral prep but I need my big dictionary - the little one is too limited!

Chivvied Churchill & DVLA. They STILL haven't inspected my car AND I haven't had the original (turned-down) offer in writing after more than a fortnight. Churchill didn't even seem to realise that they haven't written to me AT ALL about the accident in over a month now! (DVLA Inspector at Maidstone has been off ill for a fortnight apparently but is due back in on Monday - I assume that's when her certificate runs out or something!)

Who knows? Haven't heard since Monday re Nexia but don't want to chivvy in case his father's just died!

Better go, we're leaving work at 5 since it's so quiet, Julian's fishing & Mike's going at 4.30 to tend to his cricket pitch!

Love xxx

Did my weight loss weigh in early this week to draw a line under all the messing about of the last few days even though it's only 5 days since the last one.

Have re-lost the lb I put on last week despite nearly 1000 cals over on Saturday! Have also lost a further 1/4 inch each off my waist, my hips & my bum & 1/8 inch off my wrist.

Total lost so far 51 lbs, 6" off bust, 8.5" off waist, 6.5" off hips, 7.25" off bum, 3.5" off l. thigh, 1.75" off r. calf, 0.5" off l. ankle, 2" off r. upper arm, 0.375" off l. wrist & 1.5" off neck. Current BMI 27.7, current body fat within correct range at 31.7%. Yeay!

Have a good evening!
Love xxx

Hmmm

Just went on a nosey search to see if I could learn anything about insomnia...

About.com: http://www.well.com/user/mick/insomnia/

Turns out I'm useless at most of it; would imagine most of it is coursework/financial/diet stress but I also always read before bed & always sleep on my stomach with an illuminated alarm clock. (It has to be - if I wake up at night without one I turn the light on to check so equally disturbing!) My problem is that reading puts me fairly quickly to sleep but somewhere between 3 and 5 am I wake up fully awake & thinking about things I have done/should have done/will do... I need to search this/that/the other online, I need the loo, one of the cats didn't come in for dinner - where is it? is it ok? I fancy eating that today - how many cals? I fancy wearing that today - is it clean? You get the picture...

I'm a natural worrier and no matter what position I fall asleep in (to be fair frequently in leftside recovery position) I will ALWAYS wake up on my stomach which is why my back always hurts, (shouldn't have such big boobs! a continuously arched back is no fun no matter how toned it makes my bum!) Might have to try the toe stretching though - sounds weird!

How do you get your brain to switch off and STAY switched off?

I need an answer that works!

Love xxx

Hey, that's excellent news on the weight and inches front!

Had lovely early evening then went a bit awry in that the friend I did a favour for took the p!ss and turned up over half an hour late (no phone call/text - nada!) so I was late going to CDC's which then meant I was late getting boy to bed and then we discovered best mate's phone in the boy's bedroom (her daughter took it out of her bag and used it upstairs) so the riot act is currently being read in their house!
Plus client #5 cancelled - at least she had the decency to ring and let me know but the phone reception was bad so not too sure if she's going to call me to make another appt.

Don't know what my weight'll be tomorrow - should be lower but by how much I don't know - wish I had Ann's (westhills) determination - 5lbs loss on maintenance - wow I was the colour of a shamrock when I read that today! I'll have to work out BMI etc too - should be doing maint but know will be off CD from next Fri (wedding) then hols in Spain so am bound to put on shedloads as per. Hope they don't sell churros where we are as I'll need to be on SS for 6 months after eating them - I adore them and could eat my own weight in them!

As for brain switch off - well you're rather assuming mine's switched on;) I must admit that I try not to do anything on pc for an hour before I go to bed and I try and turn tv off at least 30mins before going to bed. No light on at all and nothing to drink after 9pmish. When particularly stressed I list what I've to do the next day so at least I don't have the effort of trying to remember what I've to do.
Since the age of about 12 I've always gone to sleep listening to either Radio4 or more recently BBC7. I also have story/comedy CDs that I listen to - my current ones are the Ladies of Letters series that started on Woman's Hour -- hilarious!
My problem is never getting to sleep but rather staying alseep - I'm a very light sleeper and the boy frequently wakes me up, or the wind, neighbours and most often the neighbour's wretched cockerel which also suffers from insomnia like you and is determined that if he isn't sleeping nobody else will either! The sooner that bird's goose is cooked the better. I keep telling Aoife to have a go at him but she's deaf to my requests! When I do wake up in the night Ilisten to the World Service, BBC7 or my CDs and soon nod off! Have a few wierd dreams sometimes depending what's on the radio tho! For a while I thought I was have premonitions in that I would dream about events before hearing them later that day on news - D'ohhh - they'd already been broadcast on the World Service - and there was me already planning my big lottery win with my super special psychic powers - if only:rolleyes:

As for sleeping on your front - how about tying tennis balls/hair curlers etc to your PJ top? Pretty uncomfy I'd say - should discourage you from sleeping on your front tho! Another suggestion re insomnia - do more exercise early eveing to physically tire yourself out and produce good endorphins? Did you sleep longer when you were skipping/twisting etc?

Anyway, time for me to sign off so I can get to sleep - hope you manage some too and catch up tomorrow - make the most of the warm weather - not much more for us in Blighty soon - winter's a'coming:eek:

Lots of love,
A

WOW!

WOW!

You're under BMI 25 and into maintenance! Yeay! That is totally excellent!

I'm in a stupidly happy mood which is strange as there's no reason for it except that Julian is away & I have as yet done NO work at all! Have been on here at least half hour now & had my brekkie while reading e-mails! Maybe it's 'cos the sun is shining & I have my favourite Tesco tuna sandwich for lunch (They haven't had them in for ages!) Still 10,9 this morning despite Chinese takeaway last night.

Put my size 10 dress on this morning & 'cos I lost some off my bum & hips last night it fits better, I still need to lose about 4lbs to wear it nicely but I might manage it in Spain... (This is the LR dress that's been hanging on the outside of my wardrobe since February!) Also I'm wearing the sz 12 Primark trousers that I bought a few weeks ago. They've dropped down as my hips have shrunk & no longer cut into me, although I will now have to slightly shorten all 3 pairs as they touch the ground even with heels on, but it does mean I can wear my coral ones in Spain soon so I'm chuffed about that as they were still too tight when I bought them!

Will do some twisting & skipping tonight to counter the Chinese yesterday. I don't have the tiniest bit of guilt about that as my measurements are still the smallest they've been. I feel like I've turned another corner again, sometimes giving in to cravings does that to me... and then I'm usually good for another 1/2 stone before I get stuck again.

Have got my big dictionary with me today so should get lots of Spanish revision/preparation done today! Also hinted to Dad about what I could do towards starting on the back bedroom decorating at the weekend last night so he shouldn't be planning to stay in bed... We've had the paint & wallpaper for months so there's no excuse really BUT he's been changing all the plug sockets to doubles & then just left it mid job for about 4 weeks!

Shall leave it now & see if you've been on as we were on at the same time a min ago!

Love xxx

P. S. Congrats on your 1 year diet anniversary on the 23rd. Small world - that's my 2 year anniversary at work!

Day 245 for me today (21st Sept)

Love xxx

Hiya!

Wow what a colourful post!

You beat me to it - I was in the middle of typing a whole screed to you re my 10st 4.5lbs weight this am - cannot quite believe it - must have hopped on and off the scales 10 times! Finally my BMI is <25.

Don't feel the least bit elated tho! Just feel worried about maintenance. Typical me - never happy!

Cycled to work again in personal best time of 21mins or thereabouts and am currently necking 1st litre of today's water! Had a lovely post from Louisa26 re a mutual friend of ours - did you see it? Have upset Mandana and generally ballsed up everything I've tried to do today so far - grrr!! Oh well, maybe some of your good mood will rub off on me!
Not sure that I should be congratulated for doing CD for a year - Ann has managed the same in half the time - I've messed about too much!
Anyway, must go as nice boss due back any mo and there's a big flap on over something or other! SHould get on later today or if not then def. tonight!
Have a good day!
Lots of love,
A

Yep!
Saw Louisa's thread, about your BMI on WeMITT thread & also your year's anniversary post at the bottom of the main board. Didn't see Mandana's though...

You'll have to let me know out of interest what order you're reintroducing stuff & what you're allowed & then I can help when you're back to eating proper
food with low cal versions etc. as I've mostly kept my weight off about 5 months now... Am definitely at my lowest weight since school... Any tips from you on keeping it off would also be cool!

Love xxx

Hiya,

Have changed my ticker but am now agonising over whether 9st 4lbs is too low a maintainable weight? Gosh - it's all about me today isn't it - I think I'm pre-TOTMish and should just shut up and be happy - but I can't work out why I'm not or rather I haven't yet worked out why I'm not. I sure if I wallow around in my little pool of pity I'll figure it out eventually - poor everyone else for having to witness this shameless waste of energy!

As for maintenance tips from me honey - HAH - you must be joking - I'm just going to follow the CD book TO THE LETTER and pick your brains cos you seem to know the "maintenance magic" as you've maintained really well. When I finish CD all together (ahhhhhh - I'm screaming inside my head at the very thought) I shall probably follow SS or WW plans. So another add-a-meal week for me then as you are supposed to do each step until your weight stablilises before moving up to next one! Of course me going on holiday bang in the middle is really going to queer my pitch but I shall move ever forwards!

Thanks for all your support Honey it really is keeping me going at the moment and sorry for being such a moaning minnie, promise I'll try and be a better board bud really soon!

Love,
A

Back