Need to get there this time!

theprgeek

Hi Everyone

Just joined this site in the hope that I can get the advice and encouragement that will help me shift the flab permanently. I've been on a diet for nearly 20 years and I'm only 27. I just want to get the weight off and keep it off.

I've tried every diet going, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins, Lipotrim, Cambridge, Low GI, British Heart Foundation, Cabbage Soup, Dukan, Slow Carb - you name it. I've tried it. And the only time I've ever kept any weight off is when I stopped dieting and started exercising regularly and eating sensibly, three meals a day, fruit for snacks and few glasses of red at the weekend. The things is I've managed to lost three stone this way, which is fantastic, but I've completely plateaued at 18 stone and need to kickstart things. I'm giving my Mum away next August and really don't want to be a fat bridesmaid.

I'm considering having a gastric balloon fitted and then continuing on my sensible eating and exercise regime. Has anyone tried anything similar?

Looking forward to hearing all your stories.

Xxx

Hi and welcome. Why do you think you have not succeeded at any of those diets? Have you been to your doctor for advice?

Good luck.

Irene xx

Back