Need to loose 5%

Wobbly71

Silver Member
Hi

As my earlier thread said i saw doc monday and got a cancellation to see nurse today in weight management clinic.

I was under the impression I would get prescribed the orlistat?? Wrong!

I have been given a low fat diet info sheet and a orlistat info sheet and told to come back in 4 weeks.

I need to loose 5% of my body weight before they will prescribe them to show I am commited....

So hard work needed and any help as I want to loose the 13lb needed by next appointment on 21st December......

I think I will start a diary and track food.

TodayI have got

Special K and skimmed milk and 2 satsumas.

Wrap, salad and tuna, yogurt

fresh tuna for tea with savoury rice and probably meringue nest and jelly tonight.

I am considering getting a month worth of Alli to get me going.

Help x x

Alli is exactly like orlistat but is 60mg instead of (120mg orlistat) if you feel that it will help you to lose your 5% to get on your orlistat then do it hun! there expensive around £30 to 40 but you will only have to pay for at least once (as hopefully your get it on prescription) I cant understand why they said u need to lose 5% in like 3 to 4 weeks time . thats seems a bit unfair unless thats there new guidelines. hope all goes well x

Hiya

I only see her every 4 weeks but they will prescribe once I've lost 5% so it could be 8 weeks if I don't achieve it quick. Sorry if that was unclear.

I have been on boots website and am getting a 1 month supply of orlistat on saturday. It's £55 but the alli wasn't much cheaper and thought I might as well go for the full strength. You fill in an online health assessment and then I see the pharmasist on saturday who runs health checks.

So hopefully I will only need it the once x

hi wobbly71, It sounds like u r eating the right stuff with that food diary as long as the jelly is sugar free and its a low fat yogurt.
My nurse is saying i might not need them anymore cos i dont have alot of fat as im on SW but i said i still want them lol and she said ok.
hope u get the 5% u need in time and get the little blue pills lol
Good luck

Ah honey sorry they didn't prescribe. I took my WW card which showed I'd lost 11lbs so that was nearly 5%, think its pretty standard now. Your food diary looks good to me. Onwards & downwards xx

Wobbly are you not in the uk ?
Orlistat/xenical is prescription only here.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i didnt know u could buy orlistat in boots. i thought u could only buy ALLI pills . oh wow. well go for it hun. you will lose that 5 % no problem. hope all goes well x

yeah you can get orlistat at boots. You need to see the pharmacist who checks blood pressure weight bloods etc and they give you them A private prescription Only down side it the £55 per month so hoping to get the next lot on prescription from GP.

if you go on boots website its their weight management programme for BMI over 30....

Or you search pharmacy services by drug name and apply online for an online provate prescription, which is what I did, they do a health assessment then offer youthe tablets, i paid online but still need to see pharmacist for the checks before he will give me them on saturday x

55 pound is alot of money but like you said your hoping to get the prescription which im sure you will when they see your acheivement . have u been on these previously? the doctor used to prescribe another diet pill called reductil but i think they took that off the market as it had side effects but i think now the only diet pill on prescription is orlistat. have u ever tried adois max ? i never have. x

I once tried xenical about 3 or 4 years ago but through internet and boots so cost me a lot and I couldnt keep it up. At that time my GP practice did not presribe any weigh loss drugs!!!

Only rang on the off chance again last week and they have merged practices and now prescribe.

Like I say just need to stick in and hopefully get the 13 pound off by 21st Dec.

2 christmas nights out in that time as well but I have decided I am not drinking!

The first is a chinese restaurant and we were getting the banquet but I am going to order seperate so plenty of home made veg soup for a few days and will cover the cals. The following night is meant to be a night on the booze???? Might make my excuses that I am a bit poorly off the chinese........

Sick of mucking about and I know the drink is a trigger for me... I eat while I'm drinking, crisps, breas etc then the next day when I'm rough I eat crap and that's without the calories for my tipple which is wine!! All round a bad idea to lose weight...

you can have a little drink. that isnt going to stop you from losing weight. like having a slimline tonic and vodka or malibu and diet coke . you have to treat yourself . food wise just go very careful (especially as you will be on the orlistat) you can eat chicken and rice and veg and things like that also beansprouts are good just gotta ask how there were cooked (fried or boiled etc) you can always treat yourself once in a while. i find if you dont then you quit (well i do lol) if you like take away for example instead of having fatty foods frm the menu have grilled chicken in a pitta bread with lots of yummy salad mmmmmm but just becareful of sauces . i dont really like sauces anyway so its not a problem for me . xx

They won't prescribe xenical anymore until you prove you can lose weight on a healthy eating plan. It's because if they hand out orlistat like sweets to people who will use it and then suffer the Orange after effects because they aren't sticking to a healthy eating plan its a waste of nhs money when things are already tight (sorry I work for the nhs lol)

If you are that determined to lose weight then you will do it commitment, drive and determination are key :)

Good luck x

Kayee said:
55 pound is alot of money but like you said your hoping to get the prescription which im sure you will when they see your acheivement . have u been on these previously? the doctor used to prescribe another diet pill called reductil but i think they took that off the market as it had side effects but i think now the only diet pill on prescription is orlistat. have u ever tried adois max ? i never have. x

Yes they took Reductil off the market as it wad known to significantly increase the risk of heart attacks and depression.

I've just read what you were saying about drinking. I go out and have a limit of 5 vodka and diet dokes and I also prepare something to eat when I get home that feels naught but isn't I.e a bacon (extra lean) onion and mushroom potato salad filling, hits the spot and lovely :)

Yes they took Reductil off the market as it wad known to significantly increase the risk of heart attacks and depression.

heart attacks? oh my god i didnt know that. i heard about the depression thing. my doc used to have me on reductil and xenical. i found the reductil did depress my appatite but i couldnt get to sleep x

Really, Dr should not have given both they don't mix well because of the properties in both drugs.

I'm takin xenical whilst on slimming world, I've lost 6.5 lbs in 2 weeks so I'm happy lol

I thought reductil was linked to strokes, that's what my gp said, I'd only been on it about 3 weeks when I came off it cos I was sooooo low I thought no thanks I'll stay fat!!!

It's linked to all sorts NOW but it was predominantly heart attacks which they initially blamed on the patients weight and not the pills but pharmaceutical company's hate to blame the product! X

Reductil also had reported cases of increased birth defects in unborn babies and increased chance of child being autistic

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Back