Need to lose 19 stone, and starting Lipotrim tomorrow

Pam - I think we 'met' on another board and I remember your being advised to try over here. I'm so pleased that you've started your journey. Remember to break the weight loss up in your head into manageable portions. The heading of your post tells the story but each 1/2 stone lost should bring incredible changes to your life, resulting in your being more active and able to enjoy life to the full again.

I wish Roch much luck too.

Like you, I went for the weight loss first and then thought I'd figure out the emotional stuff behind why I overate in the first place. I've still not done that but, like the rest of you, firmly believe that the happiness found in being SLIM is such a life changer after being heavily overweight (see my start weight) that the rest just falls into place afterwards.

Good luck for today :)

Hi everyone, thanks for your good wishes. And hi Maintainer, haven't you done well? Thanks for recommending this site to me; the power of the internet!!! I am doing well on Day 3 and dont seem to have had too bad side effects, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to cope but it's been ok. Only bad things have been continuous loo trips and feeling cold so had hot water bottles. I am enjoying the Lipotrim flavours and think I may be starting ketosis as have just started to get a sort of rust taste in my mouth. I have ketosis sticks and may use one tomorrow. Thanks for your good wishes, and best wishes to you all as well,
Pam xx

ooooh you going on a cruise princess?:confused: I went on one this summer and I have to say it was the best holiday I have ever had in my entire life!:D Have a wonderful time and enjoy! I only gained 1kg after 2 weeks on the QE2... I was VERY careful but still had a wonderful time! Well done on your weight loss too! :)

And Pam and Roch:D ... wish you both all the luck in the world - can't wait to see your after pics when we all get to goal!:cool: :D

Last edited:
Thanks for good wishes. Roch has decided to follow another diet plan. She is extremely motivated though. Have a look at her posts on other boards.
Pam xx

Well done Pam - I´m keeping an eye on you from Sunny Spain. Stay strong.
Ann xxxx

We're right beside you Pam - walking the walk!! :)

PS
What's happened to Glittermaker? My sig has disappeared!

Hey Pam, only just spotted you on here....... sounds like you're doing good so far, well done! Look forward to seeing your first weightloss.:)

Hiya Pam, well done to you, you are doing admirably and I am so proud of you.

I too had weight related diabetes and I know how difficult it is, and guess what, mine has gone too.

You have taken a massive step on the start of your new journey and with roch, and indeed the whole of minis behind you you will do spectaculaly.

I'm looking forward to seeing you blossom x

Hi all thanks for posting all the encouragement to me. Doing ok today and have not been suffering too much from side effects. I don't feel lighter but have only just reached ketosis. Best wishes, Pam xx

LadyinLondon said
Claire, yes, because I am diabetic, and all diabetic medication should usually be stopped before starting Lipotrim, I needed permission to stop the meds.
I was on a high dosage of tablets for diabetes and the last time I took those tablets was the morning before the day I started LT (Sunday morning).
Since then my blood sugar readings have been far far better without the tablets than they were when I was taking the tablets and eating food. Also my diabetes should go completely once I am down to a goal weight

Hi Ya Lady in London

Has your diabetes still been ok on the diet? I know that Roch had to come off because of her blood sugar levels plummeting and when I read that I thought of you.

I start on Monday on CD and I have hypoglycemia (although a very mild case of it). So Im hoping I will be ok. Doctor seems to be think I will be fine.

Hope your doing well!

HI pam,

hope its going well for you, you sound as though your in the swing now !!! Onwards and downwards!!!

by the way this is my 200th post so I am celebrating by sending you extra positive vibes which you may use if you ever have a wobbly moment ( but Im guessing you wont need them!!!)

So impressed...

I don't feel lighter but have only just reached ketosis. Best wishes, Pam xx

I have to say that you are doing wickedly well! :D I mean... ketosis!!:eek: Excellent!! :eek: It'll just drop off you now!:)

As for the not feeling any lighter... if it helps, even in the teensiest way., I think that often we don't feel any lighter until we know we are, and sometimes even then we don't. :rolleyes: (know what I mean?)

If you think about it.. I guess.. (in my case anyway:eek: ) having been hugely overweight for about the last 25+ years... it's a feeling that is second nature, so feeling any lighter may not be something we can do initially or recognise as it's new? :confused: Just a thought.. :rolleyes:

I'm sure when you get weighed and SEE the difference on the scales, (PLUS armed with the knowledge that you have stuck to it) then you may begin to feel it.

Hope you have an excellent weekend!:D

You're doing great Pam - and in ketosis already: fantastic! It all gets a lot easier from here in.

I know what you mean about not feeling lighter: when I had 12st to lose, it took a few stones before I noticed any difference although of course there IS a difference even from the first few pounds.

I find that physical evidence is a good motivator: I'd always be picking up things int he supermarket that weighed the same as I'd lost (bags of spuds etc) so I could FEEL how much had gone.

Another idea is to get a rubble sack or strong black bin bag. Buy some cheap flour and weigh out what you've lost, seal it in a plastic food/freezer bag and put it in the bin bag. As the small bags of flour start to accumulate, you can feel exactly how much of your weight has transferred FROM you TO the sack!

Anyway - keep up the fantastic work. I can't wait to hear about your first weigh-in!

Back