Need to lose 8-9st with a dodgy leg

Yeah, no worries. I saw a neurologist and he said that it sounded like Peripheral Neuropathy (a complication of diabetes), however my GP is adament that the diabetes is recent so he's not so sure, otherwise it means that I've had it for years and they didn't spot it. So I'm waiting to see what he suggests next.

Good to have you back on board and back on the weight los journey, sorry to hear your leg is still bad but massive congrats on coming back :)

five pounds in a week is awesome! i have a bad leg and it's really bugging me because I'm more of an exerciser than a dieter, but I guess it just means you have to be that bit stricter

Just keep strong mate and keep doing what you can do, all them meters will ad up and get you to goal, and you will feel proud of the fact you stuck with it, you should be proud now like as someone like me takes for granted not having something hindering them, you have done great to come back, and this time is the time :)

That's very kind mate, but your story is all the inspiration someone needs to try again. Amazing mental strength to keep chipping away week by week!!

That's why it's so good to keep coming onto this site as there are so many people who can motivate you to keep plodding on when times get hard.

Yep I can only imagine how hard it is for you, and don't know how I would react to having to stop through such pain.

Like I have said before the inner demons will latch onto anything to get us to go back to old ways we just have to try and catch it happening before it gets out of control.

Just received a letter telling me I have to go for a sleep study on the 14th. I only have a touch of high blood pressure and so far I've been sent for a renal ultrasound, an echocardiogram and now this. Slight overkill me thinks. I only wish they'd put this much effort into dealing with my leg!!

I swear I'm the only one who sees that the blood pressure and diabetes is symptomatic of the inabilaty to use the leg and not the other way around.

If nothing else, just go and humour them, you never know they might actually get it right one of these times for you.

Since it seems that my GP isn't taking me seriously or simply doesn't believe me about my leg I have been doing my own research into what could be the likely cause. I have looked at everything from REALLY bad shin splints to a fallen arch to a trapped nerve in my spine and today I came across the following link: Chronic exertional compartment syndrome in diabet... [Diabet Med. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

I'm obviously biased but to me it makes remarkably compelling reading. The question is though, if I print this out and take it along for my GP to look at will I be laughed out of his office? I am effectively house-bound because they won't offer me a walking aid and to be honest a plane to a Swiss clinic is fast becoming the best option to stop being a burden upon my family.

Back