Need to lose 8-9st with a dodgy leg

Since it seems that my GP isn't taking me seriously or simply doesn't believe me about my leg I have been doing my own research into what could be the likely cause. I have looked at everything from REALLY bad shin splints to a fallen arch to a trapped nerve in my spine and today I came across the following link: Chronic exertional compartment syndrome in diabet... [Diabet Med. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

I'm obviously biased but to me it makes remarkably compelling reading. The question is though, if I print this out and take it along for my GP to look at will I be laughed out of his office? I am effectively house-bound because they won't offer me a walking aid and to be honest a plane to a Swiss clinic is fast becoming the best option to stop being a burden upon my family.

If i was you I'd take it a long, it's worth a try! Can I ask why they won't offer you walking aid?

I think I definitely will next week!

The only thing I can think of it that when I see the doctor my leg has been resting on average for about 20 mins in the waiting room, so he never actually gets to see the problem first hand. I guess somebody with a bit of a limp the doc can actually see is far more compelling than my claims.

To be honest it sounds more like venous stasis disease to me, although you have not given many details. The common symptoms are legs that swell up after exercise or standing, possibly change colour (get redder) and hurt alot during exercise. The swelling often goes down after rest.

Has it been ruled out by the doctor?

To be honest it sounds more like venous stasis disease to me, although you have not given many details. The common symptoms are legs that swell up after exercise or standing, possibly change colour (get redder) and hurt alot during exercise. The swelling often goes down after rest.

Has it been ruled out by the doctor?

It hasn't been considered by the doctors, no. Whilst the pain during exercise does occur, the other symptoms are not present. However I will mention that to the doc next week too, so thank you very much for your post!

Mate it's obviously getting you down to nearly as low as you can be by the looks of it, I say print it out and show him, sod it what is the worst that happends? he looks at itand says no its not that because......

haha good to know you still have your SOH :D

How you getting on food wise?

I'm doing ok on the food front for the most part. I still have the odd stumble in a fit of boredom during the day, but such is life. It's like a packet of crisps or a dunked biscuit with my tea now rather than many packs of crisps etc. Not ideal, but not too bad I guess.

Still have to have a treat now and then mate, I know I do or I's go insane.

As I've got lighter I've wanted to do more so just uped the bike done more walking, just done it as what I was doing before just didnt get me sweating so it was just natural to do more.

still eating the same really just cut a bag of crisps out at dinner and less cracakers at night when I have them.

No dought I will have to change when I only have a couple stone to go.

A friend gave me a swimming lesson today, and the pain was as severe in the water as it is out. At one point my mate had to rescue me. It's funny now but let's just say at the time I soiled my good name!! :ashamed0005:

So it's pretty apparent that it doesn't matter if the exercise is weight bearing or not. Very frustrating. I can't get an appointment to see the GP for the next 3 weeks. I swear the man has issued a Fatwā warning staff against aiding my occasional badgering.

Oh mate, such a shame about the swimming, and not being able to see the dr for that long is a pisstake!

I kinda expected it tbh since I have pain when cross training or using the stationary bike too. I'm not sure what else I can try if the GP doesn't think that the link I posted is a possible cause of the pain. There's only so many times you can hit a heavy bag for cardio.

Not been on for a few days, hope you are still plodding on mate.

Nightmare mate being without the net, think I would feel like I have lost a limb lol

Back