Need to lose 8-9st with a dodgy leg

I'm good cheers guys. Had a wee stay in hospital and didn't get around to logging in when I got out. My weight keeps going up since I've been on these new tablets for my diabetes, so I'm going to have to try and really reign things in. I'm now tipping the scales at 317.5 lbs which is heavier than when I started, despite sticking to a fairly clean diet.

Today is the start date of my new plan too. It's just an 8 week job, but I can tell already that's it's going to be tough to get past even the first few weeks.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Was the hospital trip related to your diabetes? Have you been given any nutritional advice to control it.

Which type of diabetes is it? Type 2?

I really admire you for getting back on the wagon.

It's type 2. I was just in for a routine operation on my arm, but like everything it seems to be complicated by the diabetes. Healing time also goes through the roof unfortunately.

Thank you very much. I only wish I could stop falling off it!! :)

The first few days of your new plan are always tough. I have struggled too. But I hear it gets a lot easier once you're used to it!

Just keep doing what you are doing mate, you can only do so much but as long as you do the most you can then you have got to be happy with your self.

Today has been really tough! It's been snowing with intermittent periods of sunshine. I'm sat here absolutely gagging to get out in it with the camera or even just for a walk. Pretty pissed off.

There was a time when a day like yesterday would have made me give up the ghost and stop in my tracks, but I'm glad to say that I just shut up and got on with everything! Today was my first weigh-in and I've dropped 13.2 lbs, a pretty good start. Hopefully I can keep chipping away.

Things went pretty far off the rails for me for a while there. However I started attending Slimming World 11 weeks ago to see if the pressure of weekly weigh ins could keep me motivated. My starting weight was 22st 11lbs and as of last night weigh in I am now 19st 4lbs I'm glad that I finally seem to have found something that works for me.

ohh wow thats great news im so glad you found something that is working for you xx

Back