Need to lose weight! Slimming world any good?

Cool thanks Minder i might give that some thought.

Anne no i didnt join up on Monday as i decided wednesday would be a better night for me so am gonna join up tonight at another one.

Kinda looking forward to it as my wife is going to do the diet with me too, so means will be easier at home :)

Although i jumped on the scales this morning and i am a whopping 22st 11lbs on my scales :(

I have to lose 7-8stone to be genuinely happy with my size although i am 6ft2 and have always been quite stocky anyway so at that weight i would look pretty good.

So fingers crossed

Do we have any men who can tell me how much weight they lost over what period of time?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, don't worry about what you weigh now, think about the future. Slimming World is wonderful, I have been going for 18months and it is, and always will be, a big part of my life!!
There's a guy at my class who has lost 2 stone in 11 weeks, it's amazing!! He gets a bit of teasing about how quickly he's losing and his wife has lost half as much but hey, she's still losing!!
Good Luck - it's a great way of eating, I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy it :) Jay x

northernboi has lost 3 stone (if I remember rightly) since around September last year.

There are also another couple of fella's here, mechmanuk is one but I can't for the life of me remember the other one [hangs head in shame]

Good luck tonight. It's great that you and your wife can go together, it's so much easier when your OH is doing the plan too. My OH used to ask me all the time, can you eat that? can you eat that much? How does it work? etc. Now he doesn't bother me about it and is generally very supportive, and has a basic idea of what I can and can't eat, so that fact that you're both on the plan will mean you can help and support each other with understanding.

It doesn't matter what you weigh now... the number you see on the scales tonight, you'll never see again :D

Back