NEED TO RANT

FeelingFat

Silver Member
Hi everyone

Sorry to bend your ears but need to rant. I am getting married next August (have been engaged for five years). I told my little sister a couple of days ago (I am one of four girls (the second youngest)) and she was pleased for me. I met her for lunch today and guess what, she is going to get married either this year or next year (she has been engaged for two years). She is going to do it abroad and only wants my dad there (this is fair enough although my dad lives in South Africa and I'm sure he won't be able to come twice in one year as he has his own business).

I then said that I had lost 15lbs and she, of course, says she has lost 1 and half stone.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
Sorry just ignore me. Just needed to get it off my chest.

It sounds abit like a jealous sibling to me...Feels that you will be getting all the attention so she feels her nose has been put out of joint.

Hi Hedgemag
I think your right. She is always like this and to be honest I was expecting it. She is four years younger than me (I'm 30) and you would really think that she would have stopped this by now!!
Feelingfat

If she only wants your dad there then fair enough - her choice but you know what.... you do exactly what YOU want on your special day, wear your fab (smaller) dress, have your friends and family there to help you celebrate and enjoy every minute of it.... your wedding sounds like it will be completely different to her's..... so make sure your's is best.... (oooops sorry did I say that.... sounds bit bitchy but....oh what the heck....;))..... (If she only wants your dad there perhaps she can go to SA to get married??? Then he can still come to the UK for yours??)

At the end of the day - she probably is jealous of you - but that's her problem not yours..... you plan your day exactly how you and your OH want it and try (though I know having a younger sister too its hard) not to be drawn into the competiveness of it all!

Thanks Mich

I have decided to not let myself be bother about it any more (well I did after two days of feeling angry anyway). As you say it will be my day and I will be thin and enjoy my day and I'll have all my friends and family to celebrate it with me. I am better than her and will not be drawn into this sisterly competiveness that she seems to have going!

In any event, I think it won't happen as what she says and what she does are two different things generally.

Thanks for taking time to read my RANT!!!

FF

Hey, Just dont tell her what your planning for your wedding so she cant decide to try and make hers better than yours.

Its a shame that she cant compromise with you and tell you if she plans to get married this year or the next so you can try and arrange it so that your dad can go to yours as well. OR, get a date booked asap so that you can call your dad first and tell him the date, so your sis will have to work around that!

Thanks Mich

I have decided to not let myself be bother about it any more (well I did after two days of feeling angry anyway). As you say it will be my day and I will be thin and enjoy my day and I'll have all my friends and family to celebrate it with me. I am better than her and will not be drawn into this sisterly competiveness that she seems to have going!

In any event, I think it won't happen as what she says and what she does are two different things generally.

Thanks for taking time to read my RANT!!!

FF

You will probably find that if she's a bit that way that her plans won't come to anything - it's probably been a knee-jerk reaction to you saying your getting married and her not wanting you to be the centre of attention so she's trying to steel your thunder so to speak....

Like Lizzie says keep your plans close to your chest and when she doesn't know what she's got to improve on her plans will probably fall by the wayside.... if she asks what/where/when are your plans just give her a casual 'not sure just yet' or a 'not givin it too much thought as it's a while off'..... keep her guessing.....

It's your day so like I said before do as you and your OH want to do... just tell her your keeping everything a surprise for the big day..... that'll do her head in...lol!!;)

Thanks again Mich

YOur welcome.... I remember planning my wedding and how special and exciting it was ...... and I had everyone on side (most of the time....:rolleyes:) - I did sometimes wonder if I was actually related to my mum though....lol!!!

It's exciting times and should be enjoyed - it'll be a bit stressful in parts but on the whole fun planning - I've been married almost 14 years and I wish I could do it all again (though I wouldn't get my wedding dress anywhere near me as I've put so much weight on...:eek::cry:)

Enjoy!!

Hi everyone.

Have now booked my church and my reception - YAY!!!

Love

FF
x

Back