needed a pick me up...

lady24

Silver Member
so thought id pop on the scales, dont normally weigh myself at home i just wait till weigh in day at chemist but felt abit down this morning so thought id step on and cheer myself up abit, they said id gained 4lbs :( they are very accurate scales to, stepped on and off a few times to see if was correct and got the same everytime, been 100% since day 1 and now on day 11 so not quite sure what to put it down to... feeling really gutted now guys :( x

Oh hun dont feel down, did you weigh yourself straight after drinking lots of water or having a shake? Also is it TTM? I only lost a 1lb 2 weeks ago (gutted) but last week i lost 4.5lbs! Just stick at it and keep yourself distracted for now? The sun or the park always cheers me up or maybe watch a a comedy? (Also face jacker is highly recommended, its on 4od site at the momment) :) xxx

yummy mummy i hope i am suprised :)

yes deedee i had already had my morning shake and a litre of water befor weighing... maybe that was it come to think of it hmmm...

x

Step away from the scales lol

In my opinion its best to just have the one weigh in a week .. weight changes so much through the course of the day and the week ... so one weigh in on the same day and time each week shows the true weight loss.

You've done so well to keep at 100% and had a good loss last week and will have another this week .. just you wait :)

Now get back positive, don't let this one moment of negativity change 11 days of so much positivity , chin up and keep smiling :)

You can do it x

NEVER weigh in after drinking or having a shake!

I used to fast completely before WI last time, I had one shake in the morning, a little bit of water and then nothing from 12pm until I got weighed at 7pm. It was tough and my kidneys used to hurt like anything but I didnt want to see an erroneous gain on those scales! If you weigh yourself between WI's (I used to do it everyday) then do it in the morning. Also, when you WI do you wear really light clothes? I had a 'WI dress' that I wore every week so my weigh in was accurate and not weighted down by heavy clothes.

Please dont let this put you off track! 11 days is great so 1 little weighin hick up is nothing! You stay strong and just wait till yr real weighin is due!:D Chin up!

don't worry, you will be fine when you get weighed properly
One week my wii fit told me I had gained 4lb....... gained 4lb!!!! I was not happy. Anyway, by the time weigh in day came that was a distant memory and i had lost half a stone!!!!
Don't let it get you down. if you MUST weigh yourself (and I do every morning so i can't judge) then do it first thing after getting up, naked, and without so much as a glass of water in you lol
x

Omg people -- I think some of us on here need to stop obsessing about 'weigh in' and the give or take a pound. In my opinion to go without having anything for hours and hours because you have a weigh is pointless. It is far better to have and keep to a healthy routine... so drink water and have a shake if that is how it times out.

Weighing in is a psychological boost for us - after all if we are all following the programme then it stands to reason that our weight HAS to go down! Whether it is 5lbs one week and 6lbs the next should become less important than knowing that we are losing it at a rate that our bodies dictate.

It could be that some of us are replacing our food obsessions with diet obsessions and that could be something that needs addressing!!

Lisa x

LipoLisa, you may not agree with how I used to do my weigh-ins but it worked for me as a mental boost, it may not be for others but it was my way of doing it and it helped me to be successful on my diet.

Im not suggesting others do it, but Im explaining my methods. And it certainly did not class as an 'obsession'.

NEVER weigh in after drinking or having a shake!

I used to fast completely before WI last time, I had one shake in the morning, a little bit of water and then nothing from 12pm until I got weighed at 7pm. It was tough and my kidneys used to hurt like anything but I didnt want to see an erroneous gain on those scales! If you weigh yourself between WI's (I used to do it everyday) then do it in the morning. Also, when you WI do you wear really light clothes? I had a 'WI dress' that I wore every week so my weigh in was accurate and not weighted down by heavy clothes.

Hurting your kidneys can't be good. And it probably wouldn't have been a gain, just less of a loss. But it all has to even out in the end. We have nothing to publicly prove to anyone with weekly weigh ins really .... having faith in ourselves that we will get to our target weight eventually IS the real goal.

Lisa x

Hurting your kidneys can't be good. And it probably wouldn't have been a gain, just less of a loss. But it all has to even out in the end. We have nothing to publicly prove to anyone with weekly weigh ins really .... having faith in ourselves that we will get to our target weight eventually IS the real goal.

Lisa x

Lipolisa, Im a Doctor and when I have been eating normally I used to go all day without eating or drinking anything all day because of the nature of my job being so horrendously busy, so I was used to not having much for the 6 or 7 hours between my last shake and weigh in.

Its not ideal yes, I agree, but that's the way my life is and it works for me, so please understand instead of making pointed comments that about 'obsessions'. I know my own body and I certainly know what I can do within safe limits, Ive been a Doctor for a long time now and Im sensible. It was never a problem for me, I was always healthy. If it HAD have been a problem and I wasnt doing well then of course I would have had a shake and water throughout the day but I got so used to not having anything between the hours of 12 and 7 (I mean, who DOES in their work anyway!) that it made no difference.

And yes, it would have been a true loss because it was what my body mass was at the time! I would suggest a weigh in with 2 litres of water in your stomach adding an extra 1 - 2 kilos (as happened to my OH once) is a false loss!!!

Listen, you clearly have a more laissez-faire attitude to your poundage lost and dont sweat the small stuff. Fair enough and good for you. But realise that for others, every pound is a MASSIVE achievement. It is for me considering what a dramatic diet I am doing. I am working so so hard for my weight loss and like to see the exact and accurate poundage loss. Perhaps its the nature of my career that I am very structured and rigid. It works for me and Im healthy, so please with all due respect - no critiscm. Everyone is different!

Laura.

Hi Princess, my apologies. I didn't mean to say that you were being obsessive, more a general observation that..

It could be that some of us are replacing our food obsessions with diet obsessions and that could be something that needs addressing!!

A few 'coulds' in there and not specific to anyone in particular. Hence I did another post with your quote and how I felt it 'unhealthy' to suggest that way to do it - if it hurt your kidneys etc. But yes, you are quite right - we all have our own way of doing this and our own way of making it work for us.

Sorry.

Lisa x

Thankyou for apologising Lipolisa because yes, you really offended me. None if us are here to judge, we've all had our fair share of that from other people IRL because of our weight I'm sure. And I bet I wasnt alone in what I did. What you may not have noticed on my sig is that I am no longer weighing myself at all anymore because although WI last time was a big help, this time round I don't think it will so I'm not going to WI for 4 weeks. My goals are more size related and how comfortable I am with my body. My main goal is to get my wedding & engagement rings on again, it breaks my heart that I can no longer wear them. My OH is WI every day and his losses are certainly spurring us both on.

FYI, not having anything to eat or drink for 7 hours won't damage your kidneys if you drink afterwards and you are generally healthy. Just before my diet I was on a busy rotation where I honestly could not get a minute to have a drink and yes, it was awful but it was the nature of the job. I think it's one of the reasons ive gained too, coz I would stuff my face every evening as I was so hungry!!! Luckily I've just started a new rotation in a much nicer job where I can have my shakes and drink my water and not faint in the operating theatre ( like I did a few years back on an abortive attempt on CD again on a horrendously busy job when I couldn't have any shakes!!!!)

anyway, it's all good. I'm happy with what I'm doing and happy to be back on the forums. They have always been a good support to me whenever I've been on my diet journeys.

All the best,
laura x

Hey Lady24,

I did the same thing one week, scales said I was up 4 and I was devasted. I know a lot on here say you shouldnt weight mid week and they are probably right but I still do but I keep it to mornings like monkey only in my pjs :D

I'm no doctor but I think the main thing for weighing in is once a week at the same time. I was wearing the same cloths every week!!! lol

I get weighted at lunch time so I have my morning shake drink my water as normal and just go the loo before I go for my weigh in. I dont change anything about my routine. Lucky timing for me as my first shake is at 7am and second is always 1:30pm so I can go before that.

Hope this helps, when you getting weighted again?

nothing to do with my weigh-ins, but during the working week i eat pack one at 7.30am, nothing during work and pack 2 at 17.30 when i get in!
at first i had a pack in work, but i was quized too much and then the eye rolling and sarcastic comments start, so i just find it easier to keep it out of the 'public eye' lol
Yes i'm hungry mid-afternoon, but i just find it works for me. And i think thats the important factor here, all this advice is fantastic, but you have to find what works for you!
Kt x

Hi Lady24,

I wouldn't ever weigh myself after having a coffee, water, shake etc....I know some people wait till their weigh in day to be weighed but I find it hugely motivating to weigh myself in the morning and see the lbs drop off every few days, it gives me a great boost.
I also wear the same thing every single week at weigh in and its quite funny now to see how big the dress is each week!
Other things that can cause weight gain (once you are following TFR 100%) are:
Time of the month
Being constipated
Eating or drinking

I generally find that first thing in the morning after you have been to the loo you are at your lightest. Good luck with your weigh in and with your weight loss journey! xx

Hi Monkey30,

I completley agree with you, I couldn't keep to a routine on this diet, I work akward shifts most days I work 10-10 so I'm very busy...I have a my first shake at about 2.30 in the afternoon! It suits me because on this diet I feel like I have lost of energy and I'm not hungry, I sometimes forget it and I'm trying to have the last 2 shakes of the day in the last hr before I go to bed, it might not be ideal for everyone but it works that way for me.
By the way, about the sarcastic comments, they are just jealous you are in control of your own weight!!!! I honestly get so annoyed when people ridicule the diet, I understand its not for everyone, but people should mind their own business, its not their body. Some people are so misinformed. I'm sure the true friend would support your steps towards making yourself healthier instead of being sarcastic!
Good luck with your weigh loss journey :)

I agree with Monkey30 and MrsD2B wholeheartedly. Sometimes life gets in the way of shakes! I have my first at 1.30pm and dont care about the strange looks in work when Im there shaking away with my mixer, lol! My colleague keeps telling me she feels guilty for eating in front of me and makes pointed comments about how Im going to gain weight after I stop it but I dont care!

Hi Princess of power,
I think your colleague is a little self righteous if you don't mind me saying...she doesn't live inside your head so she CANNOT say that you will put it all on again. Maybe she doesn't understand the minutiae of a TFR programme and the refeeding and maintenance section of the diet. If you follow it to the letter you will not gain weight. I'm sure she means no ill will towards you but perhaps you should explain to her how it will work. If she understands then she shouldn't be so pre-emptively judgemental about your future weight.
A little bit of support is nice, maybe you should tell her that, pointed comments are a bit nasty and sly.
Kepp up your good work...the engagement ring will be on your finger in no time....mine is falling off and I'm afraid I will lose it!

Back