Needing Advice

Pouchie

I started SW 2 weeks ago, 1st week lost 5lbs (super pleased) however this week i only lost one (not so pleased). The only thing I can see different in my diet diary is am not eating as much salad and veg with meals (in fact hardly anything if truth me told) will this really affect my weightloss so drastically??
I am so confused been really good all week :(
Oh and at lunchtime I have just been having fruit, will this affect anything?

1lb is an excellent loss. In the vast majority of cases a large loss in week one is mainly retained water, and shock to system of eating the right stuff ;)

5lb a week is not what you should be aiming for at all - 1-2lbs a week is an excellent sustainable loss.

Finally - my mantra is my sig :)

Yeah agreed, you nearly always get a big loss on the first week, and for a lot of people the second week is a bit of a lull. You might not get 1s from here on in though, it might pick up for you next week. Just think... that's nearly half a stone in 2 weeks!!! Brilliant!!! So close to your first sticky too!

If you are doing Extra Easy (the orange plan with pasta/potatoes AND meat free) you really have to have the superfree in there or else you wont have the calorie control you need to lose weight x

Thankyou for your advice, yeah I am doing ee. Jst feel a bit disheartned and wondered why people kept saying I need 2 stock up on superfree and can only see that as the difference. I would say that although I started going to classes 2 weeks ago I have been following sw for about a month so the 5lb loss was not strictly on my first week

Hi. I mean this in the nicest way possible ( I really do), but if you're doing EE and not having a third superfree at meals and only eating fruit for lunch, that isn't being really good. The plan says that, while the third superfree isn't mandatory, on EE it's highly recommended to protect losses. And fruit isn't enough for lunch. Are you aware that a reduction in food quantity actually reduces metabolism and thus slows weight losses? I'd say, start having a third fruit/veg with each meal and start having a proper lunch.

But by the by, your pound loss is really good. That's a lot of fat to lose. Don't get stuck in the "only a pound" mantra. Yeah, we'd all prefer 4 pounds a week, but that's not maintainable unless you're on starvation rations- and minute you eat normally, you'll pile it back on.

You're doing well, be proud of your pound!

Have you thought of trying the red or green plan if you struggle to have your third? You can get away with having less superfree on those plans because you aren't having both the meat and the carbs, just carbs on green and meat on red. And of course the obvious benefit of having an extra heA&B. Maybe worth a thought? x

Thankyou to everyone for the advice and support it is much appreciated. I will try better on the superfree this week and check back in to let you know how I am getting on :wave_cry:

Back