Needing some encouragement ...

Hi I'm reasonably new to this and am on day 6 but am seriously struggling. I'ts not hunger, I think it's a weekend thing and not being able to do my usual munching. I read all your threads and can hardly believe how well you have all done. Just wonder why I'm finding it so hard, so close to giving up!!
Any words of encouragement would be so appreciated.
Please help!! :cry:
Also this is the first time I have used a forum and am not quite sure of what I'm doing so any words of advice would be great.
So sorry for the moan:(

Hiya honey ...don't cave ...you've done the worst part which is the first 3 days ;)

It will become easier and you find new things to keep yourself amused...mainly this site ~lol~ Also how much water are you drinking per day?? As the more ya drink the more ya shrink ;) x x x

Thanks for your words of encourage ... I so hope your right about it becoming easier, have to say this is the hardest diet I've ever done and believe me I've done them all. I'm drowning in water prob about 3.5-4 litres per day. I see your in wk 5 and have done brilliantly. Have you settled into it do you think? xx

Hi Definitelydebbie,
This diet IS hard and even some of us that have been on it a fair few weeks still have the odd bad day. BUT think of it in these term, ITS NOT FOREVER & You will look a million dollars at the end so keep telling your self that and you`ll be fine. I find cooking for my little girl a strain sometimes, but I also ONLY cook what I know she may eat OR any leftovers in the fridge is a temptation for me!!!! Thats a tip that works for me..... MOSTLY lol as we can still have blips!! Sounds to me like your guzzling lots of water which will help. When is your weigh in day?
Hoping you do really well, as I`m certain you will.
Louise xx

Hi Louise
I was just saying to my husband exactly the same thing about it not being forever. I suppose it's adjusting that is hard. My life revolves around my two girls aged 2 7 3 yrs as well as a fulltime mon-fri job. We don't go out very much these days and this diet has shown me that food was what I used for pleasure, stress & comfort as well as always eating my girls leftovers. Do you ever feel a sadness or am I mental? Prob the latter!!
I am due for my first weigh-in on Mon morning I literally can't wait.
Debbie x

Hi hun,

i caved after 6 weeks - i gained 3,5 lbs - i binged - i am only now another 6 weeks later back on 100%
i think doing it properly for the first time now -
this diet takes constant commitment - after 5 weeks you know how well it works!!
get to goal!!!!

You can do this hun! I am currently having a bad day today as well so also in need of some encouragement. Your first weigh in will give you so much incentive to continue. I lost 11lb in my first week and since then have never looked back. We do all feel sadness occasionally but mostly are so positive as we can see the results of the diet working magic! Top tips would be to come on here whenever you feel like eating or are generally low. There are millions of old threds to look through that keep me going for hours. I also do lots of organising and sorting out of things! Trying on clothes you couldn't fit in before is another big incentive as you see the buttons getting nearer and nearer! Failing that..... hot bath, hot drink and bed! Xxx

Hi Debbie - welcome to the forums... :)

Don't for a moment think you're unusual in finding it hard - especially in the first week or two. It *does* get easier, so you might get a skewed impression from posts here, but we've all been there.

I think it's brilliant that you're already realising that it's not necessarily hunger, but habit that is tempting you. Those sort of realisations are absolutely key to getting to understand yourself and your relationship with food and so on - will be SO useful for the future... The trick will be to find tactics to deal with those old triggers - try and think of distraction things to pass your time. Maybe having a pampering bath, going for a walk, have cup of tea, whatever you can think of that works for you.

Over the longer term, setting mini-goals for yourself might keep you going on the bad days. If you haven't already, take some "before" photos of yourself - be brutally honest! It can take several weeks before you feel like you can see a difference in the mirror, but it's easier to see if you take photos along the way and then you can compare side-by-side... It really won't take long!

If you have old clothes that you can't get into (trousers are good) arrange them in size order and try them on each week - I bet you'll be surprised at how you can see the zips getting closer and closer each time, which is a great boost.

Maybe have a look at online clothes-shops and pick out a few items that you'd love to get into, but which you'd never usually consider. Promise yourself a sexy new outfit for when you're slim again. And yes - "when"! :D

I promise you, seeing your weight go down week after week is wonderful in itself. You say you're on day 6 - will you weigh in on Mondays? Deezer has often said she finds the weekends tough and she's just changed her weigh-day to Saturdays so that she gets that boost to give her a bit more determination to see her through. I don't know if that might work for you...

Ok, I've rambled enough - best of luck and keep posting - we're all here for each other.
Marianne x

Hi Louise
I was just saying to my husband exactly the same thing about it not being forever. I suppose it's adjusting that is hard. My life revolves around my two girls aged 2 7 3 yrs as well as a fulltime mon-fri job. We don't go out very much these days and this diet has shown me that food was what I used for pleasure, stress & comfort as well as always eating my girls leftovers. Do you ever feel a sadness or am I mental? Prob the latter!!
I am due for my first weigh-in on Mon morning I literally can't wait.
Debbie x
Hi hun, can I ask what you mean by a sadness? Not clear what your meaning, but hun I have my down days usually near my period!! Keep up the good work and the girls on here are fab at giving advice and support xx hugs chick xx

Hi All
Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and good advice. Marianne I think the idea about changing my weigh in day is especially good going to suggest that to my pharmacist. Also TOTM decided to appear on day 3 so don'y think that was helpful.I have just forced myself to have the chicken soup, do any of you find a constant dryness in your mouth and tongue, I think the chicken soup is the worst culprit. Anyway thank you all for taking the time to try to encourage me and I will defo try out some of your ideas.
Debbie xx

You've done the right thing coming on here and there are some fantastic people with great ideas. Your first weigh in will give you the boost you need and then the motivation will come. It isn't an easy diet but the results are fantastic and you start to feel really good. However we do all have bad days. The last couple of days I could have eaten a scaby horse (and I'm veggie!!) but I try to find things to occupy me or go to bed. And we all have the odd slips. My weigh day is Saturday which I find really helps. The weigh in gives me the boost I need for the tricky weekends and I'm too busy at work during the week to get too side tracked. Keep up the good work. Like you said it isn't forever and the results are great.

Its been said before but it is true that it gets easier... get that first weigh in under your belt and you will feel ace!! A lot of us struggle at the weekend but keep monday morning in mind!!! You can do this!!! You'll have that weight off in no time!!! Just hang on in there!!!

Weekends for me are distraction...distraction...distraction...

This form is brill for info and tips.... and most of all for support!!!

Good luck!!!

x

Ouch! - yes, TOTM won't help at all... Maybe prepare yourself not to have lost a massive amount this week, hun. :(

I lost 5lb on my first week, which I was chuffed to pieces about, actually! I hadn't discovered this forum at that time, though, so I didn't really have any expectations. I've seen some people on here say they can lose a whole stone or more in the first week, and then because of hearing those stories, other people feel frustrated when they "only" lose 8 or 9 lb! You must remember, though, that the reason we get that massive loss at the beginning is because of all the water we retain, that's bound up with our glycogen stores. Sorry if you know all this and I'm sounding patronising... Anyway, since we all seem to retain water around our totm as well, (even once we're well into ketosis) then please, please, please don't worry if your loss is not as good as you'd hoped.

I don't for a moment want to have you feel rotten, so I hope to goodness I'm wrong and that you'll do marvelously anyway, but the point I'm blunderingly trying to make is to stick with it and keep posting.

Oh, and yeah - I think most people will agree the chicken soup is freaky! :8855:
They're a bit of a marmite love/hate thing... My bf's daughter (who introduced me to LT) tried about a mouthful of it and never ever had it again! I managed to get through my first one, but it was pretty rank. My second one was better. The third was almost acceptable! :D I had it every day or two for the first 3 or 4 weeks but then really went off it. I had a break from 100% for my holidays and now that I'm back on, I've discovered it's ok again. I have it pretty much every day! Weird stuff. I think maybe it's because the longer you're on this, the more your tastebuds change.

Dry mouth I think is pretty common. I actually had a weird lump in my throat that started about 10 days in - constantly felt like I had something stuck - I tried gargling, sticking my fingers in the back of my throat and allsorts - I was so convinced it was real... It went away when I had my break and (fingers crossed) hasn't come back, but it must have been some bizarre side-effect of the shakes or the ketosis or whatever.

Oh no - I feel like I'm being really scaremongery or something - I don't mean to be. There's annoying things you'll find along the way, but they are NOTHING compared with how brilliant it will feel to start losing the fat and start getting the old you back. It's wonderful - stay strong.

Have you read the "Non-scale victories" thread? That's such a laugh, and will hopefully help with inspiration - the benefits you'll find along the way can be so unexpected, but so beautiful...

Mx

Hi All
Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and good advice. Marianne I think the idea about changing my weigh in day is especially good going to suggest that to my pharmacist. Also TOTM decided to appear on day 3 so don'y think that was helpful.I have just forced myself to have the chicken soup, do any of you find a constant dryness in your mouth and tongue, I think the chicken soup is the worst culprit. Anyway thank you all for taking the time to try to encourage me and I will defo try out some of your ideas.
Debbie xx

Hey Debbie :)

the constant dryness in your mouth is a symptom of ketosis - the dryness should subside. Keep drinkin plenty of water :)

I had my first chicken soup today...I have one word for it: YUCK!!!

Keep ya chin up hun, just remind yourself of the reasons why you are doing it x

Morning
well I made it through day 6 100%, think if I can do that I can do anything. I think this site is the bees knees and you were life savers yesterday when i was really struggling. Am going use Deezer's tip today distraction distraction distraction ... halloween activities with my girls!
Will let you know the result of my first weigh in tomorrow, hopefully TOTM will not make too much of a difference.
Good look today to you all!!
Debbie xx

Even if TOTM does effect your loss hun... you'll have a good un the week after!! Don't let it knock you!!!

Have a great day!!! x

Debbie...also do measurements...as some weeks the scales might not show a massive loss....but you'll lose inches instead :)

I found that on TOTM week I'd stayed static but it was a belt that gave me the strength to do better the following week then pulled an 8lbs loss :) ...well done for not caving :) x x x

I know I wouldn't have done as well had it not been for the support on this site. The peeps on here are all amazing and willing to share their experiences and tips :) which helps greatly!

Also my OH is a rock to me on this diet and helps me out when I feel I wanna cave. Its not an easy diet but the results make it ALL worthwhile and as others have said its not FOREVER ;) x x x

Well done on day 6! Keep going! Looking forward to hearing about your frist weigh in! If there is anything you ever need you will definitely find it on here. I love this site sooooooo much and I am going to continue on it all the way through refeed and maintenance as I strongly beleive it is the reason I've stuck at it! I wish the real world was as nice and supportive as all my Lipotrim buddies! Xx

Back