Needing to tell family and friends!!

HMurphy

I've been on the plan now for 5 days, yet to weigh in and I have managed not to be tempted to weigh in before Wednesday. I am due to go to dinner to a friend's house on Saturday night and my mum's for lunch on Sunday (she always forces food on me!) and I don't want to come off. I am a little nervous as I did LL 3 years ago and put it all on again:eek:. I have all my "small" clothes in a suitcase waiting to be worn and I'm determined to get back into them!! It's hard because I know some people just don't understand this way of dieting but it works...well for a while...but I really really want it to stay off this time. :)

i'm on exante and just come back from my mums on a sunday!!! she try's to feed me but i stuck to my guns. i say if they want me to be overweight and unhealthy rather than happy and healthy then their not being supportive like friends and family should be.

i think they just dont want us to miss out but i'd rather be thin lol

thanks, I'm going to text my friend and tell my mum and I don't care what they think. Good luck to you.

I think if you're ever going to be in situations where people will try and make you eat then it's best to tell them you're on a vlcd or they might worry that you're ill or something.....that's what I got when I didn't tell my mum at first!

I started in January and became a recluse(!) - only my hubby knew about the diet and one close friend. However she didn't know I wasn't telling people about it so she did! Was miffed at the time but now amazed at the support from my friends who are happy to accommodate me on days/nights out. No longer having to hide away - just turn up with my shakes and/or bars!

Just tell then and hopefully you will be surprised by their support. Xx

I've actually found it really liberating telling people all about Exante, I should be on commision as 3 people I know are going to give it a go!

I do know what you mean about the 'feeding' though. My toddler nephew normally says no if I ask him if I can have one of his sweets, he must have a sixth sense that I'm doing a VLCD as he now tries to feed me every time he sees me - this afternoon I had a party ring biscuit pressed up to my lips by him!

Lord LuLu said:
I've actually found it really liberating telling people all about Exante, I should be on commision as 3 people I know are going to give it a go!

I do know what you mean about the 'feeding' though. My toddler nephew normally says no if I ask him if I can have one of his sweets, he must have a sixth sense that I'm doing a VLCD as he now tries to feed me every time he sees me - this afternoon I had a party ring biscuit pressed up to my lips by him!

Ha ha, have you been licking your lips ever since?!

Ha ha, have you been licking your lips ever since?!

Nope, it was one that he had been munching on so was a bit slimy! He doesn't have sweets/biscuits often so was quite touched that he was prepared to give me some of his biscuit, another time he had been licking the inside of the custard cream before saying 'you have some' :jelous:

Just texted my friend I'm not eating at her dinner party on Saturday!! Haha, feels good. Last week at work I managed to eat my bar without anyone seeing, felt proud of myself but this week I am going to eat it openly and it anyone asks I'lll tell them. I only started in my new job last week so don't feel completely comfortable telling everyone. My hubby gives me lots of support and in fact gets cross if I suggest I will eat if we are invited to someone's house for food. I got through Mother's day, we went out of afternoon tea, my kids and hubby had cream teas and I had a peppermint tea!! lol....the waitress came back to double check I didn't want anything to eat...oh she said you are so good...yes I am. thanks everyone for you support...

If you're self conscious of the bar at work then you could chop it into little pieces and put it in a little tupperware pot. Then it's just a random cereal bar, it's not unusual for people to be cutting back on what they eat at this time of year with summer coming up so I doubt anyone would even notice.

Its nobody's business what you eat but go ahead a tell your family and friends if u think they'll be supportive.
I would strongly caution you against spreading the word at work. At this stage you are "the new girl". You dont want to be "the new girl on that funny diet". That label would stick forever. Just tell them that you find a big lunch makes you tired in the afternoon so you are having a small healthy option. You'll be praised for that!!! Its nobodys business but your own. Keep what is personal out of the workplace and always make everything you do appear somehow to be in the best interests of your boss! Even this diet!

Belle

Hi, thanks for that. I do feel like that. I did my colleague I worked with today as we didn't get lunch until 3.30 and I was nearly passing out!! She was ok with it but questioned why a salad wouldn't be better!! I'm sure people won't start noticing for another month or so yet.

Back