Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Yeah, I know the rules - I'm just nervous about reintroducing food after 3 weeks without it.

Off to work again - had a banana shake this morning. It was quite nice but a little artificial tasting. I'm planning to try swede chips tonight - how long should I boil them for before putting them in the oven? Just until they start going soft? Going to have them with runny yolk dry fried eggs. Yummy!

I'm sure you'll be fine adding the food in. I don't even bother to part cook mine before doing them in the oven to be honest, just cut them into thin chips and oven bake them.

Yup, both are allowed. When I last looked though, the turkey was more calories than the chicken and more expensive so I went with chicken. Maybe I was in a weird shop though lol

Hi :)

am joining u on s&s have lots of shakes and food packs left. Am planning to get into ketosis then order bars.

i know that I can stick to it without too much fuss solidly for 6 weeks. Hope to have lost 2 stone at least by then. That would take me to about 12.9 which I would be happy with in the short term. Actually just being 13 stone would be good :) Will come on here to get cheered along & of course I'll cheer you :)

Way To Go Nefertari on another weeks loss - keep going Hun x

Hey angie-bum, brilliant to see you again!! It sounds like we're about the same weight, I was 14, 6 lbs last week after two weeks of STS and 1lb off. It's great on here because Nef is going great guns and nothing is gonna come between her and a straight run to goal by the sound of it! Here's hopng she'll take loads of prisoners with her LOL!!

Hope you enjoy your egg and 'chips' this evening. Now go and watch the chips don't burn as I find they only take about 10-15 minutes in a hot oven if you cut them chip sized. I don't pre-boil them either as parsnips cook much faster than carrot or potato.

Had a S&S raspberry shake this morning. Very nice. A nice change. Must admit I found the S&S banana was OK but think the CD banana is much nicer. I've got two S&S banana in the cupboard from last time. Didn't order anymore. Then had a Milk Chocolate Trufa bar for lunch. It's very nice. Not unlike the Praline bar in softness but with tiny bits of nut in it and a bit more of a chocolatey edge to it. Can't explain it. The Praline is more bland. Was just thinking the praline bar reminds me a little of a Milky Way yesterday. Still think the praline is nicer. Couldn't work out whether the Trufa bar is slightly bigger or not? It looks the same size as the praline bar and I think it is only the lemon (or lemonade flavourbar in my opinion!) bar they made bigger.

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save diary

If the bar says 45g it's the bigger one. Only a little differ though. I'm not a big fan of the praline, unfortunately got a few left though!

I'm looking forward to trying the praline bar!

My 'chips' have been in the oven for 45mins and are still hard inside. I've zapped them in the microwave for 5mins to soften them up and returned them to the oven. Fingers crossed!

Work flew by again! Who knew playing with bras could make the time fly? :D

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save diary

I love swede chips!! Have you had swede before?

If they took that long to cook, maybe they were too thick? Mine burn after like 25 mins!

I did them the same size as the ones I saw on the Facebook page - perhaps my oven is just crap!

I normally love swede - perhaps it was the absence of melted butter haha?

I prefer to keep it 'clean and green' as Atkinsers say. I'll stick to fish/meat and greens from now on. I love my lettuce so it's all good with me.

My work trousers felt so loose on my thighs today - and the waist wasn't tight anymore like it has been since I bought new trousers 4 weeks ago. I haven't measured myself but there must be a difference. Don't do measurements, just WIs and fitting in smaller clothes!

Yay to loose trousers! All my clothes are getting pretty loose at the moment. Can't really afford to invest in new clothes though, it's such a pain!

God, I know! I've been wearing size 18/20 in tops for ages so they'll last me a while. I also have about 40 pairs of jeans in every size from a 24 down to a 16! God knows how, but they are going to come in handy! Might try a size 22 on today - doubt they'll fit but no harm in seeing how close I am :D

Last edited:
Back