Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

It really makes things so much easier, worth doing. What about not having salad for dinner so you can have it at lunch and then cook something more substantial in the evening? Here are some of the good ideas in that book for lunch...

Chicken and bacon salad with new potatoes
Smoked haddock and egg salad
Prawn salad
Grazing board -cooked meats, tomatoes, pickled onions and salad
Prawn cocktail pitta
Mushroom 'pizza'

Lots more salads, soups, jacket potatoes, pastas etc. Lots of different ideas, just takes a little planning I guess. I've stared having scrambled/poached egg/beans on toast and omelettes for breakfast, I don't find cereal very filling really.

It really makes things so much easier, worth doing. What about not having salad for dinner so you can have it at lunch and then cook something more substantial in the evening? Here are some of the good ideas in that book for lunch...

Chicken and bacon salad with new potatoes
Smoked haddock and egg salad
Prawn salad
Grazing board -cooked meats, tomatoes, pickled onions and salad
Prawn cocktail pitta
Mushroom 'pizza'

Lots more salads, soups, jacket potatoes, pastas etc. Lots of different ideas, just takes a little planning I guess. I've stared having scrambled/poached egg/beans on toast and omelettes for breakfast, I don't find cereal very filling really.

All sounds delicious! Think I'll have to get myself to a meeting soon!

Wow that's impressive, well done!

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

Hopefully, fingers crossed! If it's just because of TOTM then should do!

Exciting! Please for you :D

Well, I've definitely gone a bit astray this week - I've been eating a lot of stuff that I shouldn't! This just reaffirms for me that I need that extra support so I'm definitely going to join Slimming World when I get paid next week. I have a wedding to slim for, damn it! And I want to get into my size 18 jeans soon. I feel like I've been a 20 forever. I was a size 16 when I was 14'10 (my lowest adult weight) so I only have 19lbs to lose to get back there. I can do this!

Off for a guilt bike ride in a bit...

Well, I've definitely gone a bit astray this week - I've been eating a lot of stuff that I shouldn't! This just reaffirms for me that I need that extra support so I'm definitely going to join Slimming World when I get paid next week. I have a wedding to slim for, damn it! And I want to get into my size 18 jeans soon. I feel like I've been a 20 forever. I was a size 16 when I was 14'10 (my lowest adult weight) so I only have 19lbs to lose to get back there. I can do this!

Off for a guilt bike ride in a bit...

Isn't it mad how we get stuck on sizes :( I feel like iv been an 18 forever! All my holiday clothes are 12/14 and I know I will never get in them by September! Might be an excuse for another holiday in January lol
Your doing so well Hun good luck with slimming world when you join xx

Isn't it mad how we get stuck on sizes :( I feel like iv been an 18 forever! All my holiday clothes are 12/14 and I know I will never get in them by September! Might be an excuse for another holiday in January lol
Your doing so well Hun good luck with slimming world when you join xx

Thanks hun! I do feel like I've lost so much weight but only dropped two sizes - how is that possible? But my 20s are getting too big so I must be close. And now each lb off will make more of a difference! X

Last edited:
Another 10-miler done! It was so hard today as I was cycling into the wind for most of it but I actually went a little further and my average speed was a little faster too! Very proud!

Had a really bad week and ate loads of crap so starting with a clean slate today. I've bought some bran flakes for breakfasts instead of having S&S shakes but I'll still be having a bar for lunches this week. I've sold all my other packs so I'll be completely VLCD-free by the weekend! :D

I've decided to just keep calorie counting and exercising for now. I really can't afford £20 a month for meetings and I have my OH who us doing this with me so it's not like I'm alone. I know I can do this without paying through the nose - it's eating less and moving more, and now I've got the 'moving more' bit down, there's no stopping me!

I'm on 1500kcals a day - I worked out my 'daily calories needs' to be 2532kcals a day (I used the calculator thing on MFP) and then worked out how much to eat to lose 2lbs a week. It worked out at 1532kcals so I'm calling it an even 1500.

I'm not going to eat my exercise calories back because otherwise it's essentially pointless doing the exercise except for to be able to eat more food! I've bought lots of fruit to snack on too.

I've plugged in my meals on MFP and I still have 300-odd kcals left so might treat myself to some strawberries for dessert with squirty cream and some dark chocolate. All within my calories and I'm not feeling deprived at all. Yummy!

I'm also going to ask the mods to move my diary into the calorie counting section today :)

You sound very organised! Good luck, you'll be missed :)

Well done on getting back on track. Did you put your bad days in to MFP? What sort of things drew your off the wagon? Just think it might be worth writing down and seeing what you ate to try and work out your triggers. I find it really helps seeing it written down. When I have non-dieting days like that I write it down and then write beside it what I meant to have or what I could have had that would have been healthier. It really helps me make better choices. No point dwelling on the past but if you can learn something about your eating habits then at least you are benefitting in some way from experience. Let's face it you have been on a vlcd for most of the year so it is no surprise there will be a few adjustments needed mentally as you move to calorie counting because that suddenly opens up the world of food.

Back