Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Well done on getting back on track. Did you put your bad days in to MFP? What sort of things drew your off the wagon? Just think it might be worth writing down and seeing what you ate to try and work out your triggers. I find it really helps seeing it written down. When I have non-dieting days like that I write it down and then write beside it what I meant to have or what I could have had that would have been healthier. It really helps me make better choices. No point dwelling on the past but if you can learn something about your eating habits then at least you are benefitting in some way from experience. Let's face it you have been on a vlcd for most of the year so it is no surprise there will be a few adjustments needed mentally as you move to calorie counting because that suddenly opens up the world of food.

It was takeaways and chocolate, F! Evil things! So I've looked up healthy alternative recipes to try out instead and also some low kcal treats. I just lost my motivation - I've found it again now though. I have too many occasions to look forward to - I am NOT going back to fat! I did log it all in MFP so I could see the damage. Shocking.

I'm back to 16'1 today :bliss: Hoping for some more by WI at the end of the week to get me into the 15s at long last!

Just did another 10 mile bike ride. I've increased my speed which means I burn more calories - 713 today! So pleased with that! :D

Yay! Here I am in the calorie counting section! For anyone joining me from the CC forum, I started on Slim and Save (a VLCD) and lost 5st but now I want to lose the remaining 4-5st more 'normally'.

I'm sticking to 1,500kcals a day - I worked out my BMR and daily calorie needs, then subtracted 1,000kcals a day to achieve a loss of 2lbs a week (hopefully!). I've taken up cycling as my exercise which I really love, and my aim is to do 10 miles three times a week with either a shorter ride on the other days or some weights and sit-ups at home.

Please do say hello if you pop in - my diary is dead at times so it's nice to know people are out there! Xx

Helloo

Popping in you've done incredibly! !

Extreme exercise and healthy eating deffo the best way long term

Your doing grand x

Done well to get those 7lbs off so quickly; you'll be in The 15s in no time!

Yipeeeee exciting stuff !! Those sizes will be dropping off! Especially with being so active

Xx

Yipeeeee exciting stuff !! Those sizes will be dropping off! Especially with being so active

Xx

I hope so! I'm past the point where it takes ages to drop a size now so I'm hoping that every lb off will make a difference now. The only other time that I lost this much was when I got down to 14'11 and I was in a size 16 by then. That's only 16lbs away! :D

Last edited:
Hi Nefertari,

just wanted to check in, I've read your entire thread and really I'm inspired by your determination to succeed. I'm here to follow as I'm calorie counting too after some stints with SW and WW. Calorie counting just fits in with my life. Means I don't have to tell anyone either!!

i love the fact that your doing a PhD, I was going to study ancient history and archeology at uni but was persuaded to do law by my dad :S, I love to revisit it at some point though :)

I look forward to following your journey!

Hi Nefertari,

just wanted to check in, I've read your entire thread and really I'm inspired by your determination to succeed. I'm here to follow as I'm calorie counting too after some stints with SW and WW. Calorie counting just fits in with my life. Means I don't have to tell anyone either!!

i love the fact that your doing a PhD, I was going to study ancient history and archeology at uni but was persuaded to do law by my dad :S, I love to revisit it at some point though :)

I look forward to following your journey!

Hey hun, thanks so much - I'm glad that I've inspired you! Do you have much to lose? Xx

Well done you huge well done hun xxx

Back