Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Had an easy dinner tonight - Tesco Simply Bake salmon with lemon and herb butter and salad. Was scrummy though!

I've had the most delicious tuna and pesto pasta salad for lunch the past two days - sooooo nice! And I even enjoyed the tomatoes - I hated tomatoes before I did the VLCD! Here's the link to the pasta salad: http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/healthy/tuna-and-pesto-pasta-salad-recipe Only 324kcals per serving!

Here's the lamb and butternut tagine recipe too in case anybody wants to try it: http://www.channel4.com/4food/recip...cipes/lamb-and-butternut-squash-tagine-recipe

I'm really loving the cooking! I never thought I'd say that even though I really hoped that it would become a new hobby.

Got a 10 mile bike ride lined up tomorrow morning - looking forward to it! Again, another thing I never thought I'd say! :D

Eeek cucumber! Did you leave the cucumber out!!

Lamb dish looks yum, saved it.

Well done on getting into the 15's.

I did leave the cucumber out but only because it touched the side of the fridge and froze! I don't know why my fridge does that - it's got a freezer compartment in it so perhaps it's that? I've got it turned down low!

As it happens, I haven't had any trapped wind problems lately! I've been keeping away from white bread though...

The lamb was delicious and got better every day! Obviously the spices were maturing. I'd recommend making it and then eating it the next day - I wasn't keen the day I made it as it seemed a bit bland but the next day and the day after, it was delicious!!!

How are you getting on, F? X

Me? Well I got into the 12's!!!! And then I had my birthday. So put on 3lbs over 2 weeks. Trying to get it off again but off on holiday to Italy on Monday so just gonna have to do my best. Taking shakes and bars to Italy and will just have the evening meal so if it's hot and I stick to 2 litres of water, it could happen! It's a long, slow plod but I will get there.:p

Me? Well I got into the 12's!!!! And then I had my birthday. So put on 3lbs over 2 weeks. Trying to get it off again but off on holiday to Italy on Monday so just gonna have to do my best. Taking shakes and bars to Italy and will just have the evening meal so if it's hot and I stick to 2 litres of water, it could happen! It's a long, slow plod but I will get there.:p

We'll all get there eventually - just got to keep trying! X

Over 10 miles cycling done before 9:30am! I even improved on my time and speed! Very happy! :D

It's so beautiful today:

image-1539031324.jpg I live across the bay - that's where I cycle from.

image-1141143451.jpg I really need a new bike - I'm on the lookout for a hybrid. My mountain bike is covered in rust!

It makes it so much easier when the scenery is this beautiful!

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous! I know what you mean about the scenery and where you live making a difference, I love where I live too, thank my lucky stars every morning I live here.

Attachments

• Nairn.jpg
    Nairn.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
Looks gorgeous! I know what you mean about the scenery and where you live making a difference, I love where I live too, thank my lucky stars every morning I live here.

One of our beaches (Rhossili Bay) comes in at no. 1 in the Traveller's Choice best beaches ranking - I only wish I could surf as it's one of the best surfing spots!

I remember that feeling when I climbed Snowden too, it's a real achievement isn't it!

It was immense pride mixed with immense exhaustion!

Tomorrow marks the end of my first week in my new job and I'm actually really liking it. It's a lovely little job and a really great company. Everyone is friendly and they are really flexible. I really think I'm going to love it there :D

I didn't realise it had been so long since I last posted! Everything is going well although it's taken me longer to get back on the diet track than I would have liked. I'm 3lbs heavier than where I was before my camping holiday but I'm not panicking as some of it is water (I haven't been drinking enough) and I am still in my size 18s.

I now have 6 weeks until I go to Palma and I'd like to see the 14s by then but I'd be happy with the low 15s. We'll see!

See how it goes but think how great you would feel if you went away :airplane: at your lowest adult weight ever! You might just be able to do it! Certainly something to aim for to keep you on track. Lots of :waterbottle:.
Good luck!

Back