Negative coments from old CD's

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi
I was just speaking to a lady at work who has found out that i am on cambridge diet. She said to stop whilst i can as she did it when she was 16 (shes 35 now) and it completely messed up her body and shes never done a diet since.

Now at the mometn (and when i did lighterlife) my hair falls out in chuncks. So much so that i heave at the sight of it as it looks like a wig when it falls out. I have thick hair anyway. But i just am worried now! :cry:

You'll always fine people who have had negative and positive experiences on any and every diet.

It's how it works for YOU that counts. If you're feeling OK and are liking the results then great. If you're experiencing some effects you don't like, then you can change to something else ... nothing is engraved in granite. :)

I was on CD 18 years ago and was great on it. My only problem was that I didn't follow the programme properly and I just went from months of sole-sourcing back to solid food. I didn't even do AAM every 5th week as I was losing weight so quickly. I was in agony when I started eating solids again because my body hadn't had any for about 4 months.

This was my fault though and no reflection whatsoever on the diet.

Since then there are more nutrients and calories in the pack and the diet has evolved and many GPs are happy to allow patients to go on it. I think this does say that perhaps it wasn't as good as it should have been in the past so maybe your friend does have a point but don't forget that it has improved.

I have lost over 7 stones in 6 months and have had no hair loss whatsoever.

Hi, one of my friends lost about 8 stone n LL, her hair thinned alot but soon came back thicker and healther (she went too thin think that may have been why) she has beautiful long hair now :eek:)

I am experiencing hair loss, luckily I have thick hair and its certainly not noticable, but my hairdresser has advised me against having highlights or using my straighteners at the moment. She says my hair is very fragile. I know some people get through this with no problems, but Ive been lucky in every other ways.

As Dancing said, hair loss has been discussed at length here before. Mine's falling out a fair bit at the moment but I'm not worried. It happened when I did Atkins. In fact, it can happen on any diet at the 3 month mark. It isn't permanent, it will grow back, don't worry!

I did cd about 17 years ago and it make me very ill, but that was because my cdc at the time didnt advise me to drink any water except the water I mixed the shakes with ??????????

I`m pleased to say that I tried it last year with no problems at all and lost 55lbs, the only reason I stopped was because of my little boy..

Back