Negative comments from friends!

lostpolarbear

I made the mistake of telling everyone (work collegues, friends, family) about my LT diet and i'd say 95% of people are so negative about this diet! No matter how much I explain its controlled through the chesmist I still get comments such as
"that is the most stupid diet ive heard of"
"its not right! its dangerous"
"its a con!"
"you are stupid for starving yourself!"
"you should eat! here have this biscuit.."
and the most popular one "you will gain it all back on again"

I would have thought people would be more supportive!
does anyone else get these comments?

Yep heard all them as well I just put my hand in front lift my index and middle finger and gave them the 2's.:mad:
Now guess what nearly 5 stone lighter feeling the best ive felt in years, some of them same people tell me how fantasic I look, I turn round put my hand in front lift my index and middle finger and give them the 2's:D
How ever you decide to lose weight, firstly and most importtantly do it for yourself!

I have got several comments about it being dangerous but if it works for me then balls to them!

Bravo Shamrock, 'we will fight them on the beaches' this is the beginning of the LT revolution "POWER TO THE PEOPLE":D

I got the same when i did LL. In the end i told them my diet wasn't up for discussion and if they'd nothing else they wanted to talk about then they shouldn't speak to me! Probably sounds a bit harsh but i just got fed up of hearing it. The comments soon turned into how good i was looking and what's the number of your counsellor again! One very unpleasant lady at work told me i'd put it all on again as well. She was right in the end but i did have to point out that it wasn't a failing on the diets part it was a failing on my part. I didn't follow the refeed rules.

Heading to my local chemist on Monday to see about Lipotrim diet from there and i've already told everyone at work it's not open for discussion! Stick to your guns. Their only jealous that they don't have your will power.

I had the same comments about the W8 diet I'm on but thankfully only from one person (the rest of my family and friends have been great). Now in week 9 and that person is now congratulating me on my loss and always asks how I'm getting on etc.......so hopefully their attitudes can be changed. If not tell them 'shove it', if they have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all.

Its your journey, not theirs, so try and take no notice of the ignorant runts!!

I bet none of them can claim they are getting ALL the RDA of vitamin, minerals and nutrients your getting.

Keep your chin up. x

Theyre just jelous ignore them. I bet most of the comments are coming from those who talk about "being good" and eating healthy but theyre the first ones to reach for the biscuits and chocs!

hey, it really is so off putting and frustrating its not like you just had a wime of " ok i gonna replace all my meals with shakes n see what happens" you need to totally subscribe mentally and the visits to the chemist alone freak me out for some strange reason.

I got one person in particular who is very controling and if she decides something aint right it is her goal to turn you against what you want and make you fail. When i came to LT i have stood my ground its been difficult but she is a big lady and is always going on about help health, blood pressure colesertol ( sorry bout spelling) being on the verge of diabetes. She is willing to do atkins and has done on and off for the same stone for the last year, but Lipotrim is a massive no no for her!!! Your just starving yourself, being selfish cos when you get sick we will need to look after you and things like this, but my retort and the only that has shut her up is..... "At least i am prepared to stick in, lose the weight and retrain my way of thinking towards food. I know what i am doing is medically sound i am not going to be going about my business one day to then have a heart attack because of my colestrerol level being so high but still enjoy that box of wine and fish supper 3 nights a week!, or have the onset of diabetes because of my weight never mind the fact you ate 15 easter egg this year with no kids in the house I mean please! You do what you want for your health and i'll do what i want for mine!!!"

sorry for the rant but i was so angry at her, and she has admitted that she is not going to stop trying to get me to conform to her ways off think because i am wrong.....oh by the way it just happens to be my bf mum ( who isn't happen we living together and not married after 5yrs!!!! aaaarrrggghhh!!!!)

sorry x

Hiya I'm on CD and get all the same comments too! lol!
If I hear one more time that if I want to lose weight 'properley' I need to be at SW or WW then I'll squeal!

In my eyes if a diet is working for you and is safe, then good luck and go for it....regardless of whether it is a VLCD or a slimming club diet.....

I just can't understand this negative mentality some people have.....

So anyways, I just wanted to say I know exactly where you are coming from, and when we are slim jims by summer, looking and feeling great....well we can then sweetly ask them why they haven't tried this diet too! :D

This is a thread that I wanted to see... I too had my reservations about what people were going to say when they heard what I was going to do (oh I havent started yet.. visiting Chemist tomorrow morn!)

Their reactions were going to put me off doing it but I think feck them, this is my body, Im unhappy with my weight and Im fed up with feeling like this, Im going to try something different and see if the journey suits me!

Im so glad that there is no one here that judges others!! Thanks for all the inspirations and the pushes that I need!

Fear is what I call negative comments, fear that soon you'll not be one of the largest people they know, you'll probably end up weighing less than them, fear of change, really they don't want you to lose weight. But balderdash to the lot of them, You are doing this diet for you and not the benefit of others. I think most of us on here have encountered negative comments, but they're like water off a ducks back now, we know what this diet is about, we're being monitored, our consciouses are clear and we are going to be slim, we've got our heads round it , and that's what counts. Please don't let anyone put you off and stay strong. Best of luck, and give em hell if they start on you.

They will definitely all change their minds when they see the new you! My brother was the worst just made me feel awful and i always luck upto him! I explained te diet to him and told him to read about it before commenting!! Not seen him for a bit but he will take it back!! Ignore them hun xxx

I made the mistake of telling everyone (work collegues, friends, family) about my LT diet and i'd say 95% of people are so negative about this diet! No matter how much I explain its controlled through the chesmist I still get comments such as
"that is the most stupid diet ive heard of"
"its not right! its dangerous"
"its a con!"
"you are stupid for starving yourself!"
"you should eat! here have this biscuit.."
and the most popular one "you will gain it all back on again"

I would have thought people would be more supportive!
does anyone else get these comments?

hey - don't panic......

people are sooooo nosey and like to get their tuppence worth in whenever they can :mad: it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS but still they feel that they have a right to tell us how to conduct our lives - bollocks ! (sorry Mini).......you must do what is right for YOU - endof !

don't listen to any of them......Cambridge is a safe way to lose weight - you will be fine and will feel (and look !) FANTASTIC !!!!

go for it !

Debz xx

I had overheard enough comments from colleagues in work about a guy who lost 6 stone on a VLCD - just to keep the diet to myself at work.....REALLY MADE MY BLOOD BOIL.......

Yeah i bet Bea, all we all need to do is prove them all wrong xx

They just kept asking me what "diet" I was doing.....I just said "healthy"........and the replies I got were amuzing..."oh you a really can tell you are doing the healthy thing cos you look so well, you skin looks so clear......" if only they knew...and I was tempted to say but I just didnt need the lecture....

Back