Negative comments from friends!

Yeah it just goes to show doesnt it?! They would have soon jumped on you if they knew. To be fair i tld everybody ad didnt care what they said really, except my brother as ive said xx

Got all the negs also, now I bet at least 4 or 5 of the same negative people want to do the same diet:D:D bless

Haha dont give them any info if they ask! x

I would agree with Fattothin on that point.....when it all looks to hard to do - its so much easier to say its not good for you! I was planning on doing the Low GI diet once finished - my chemist says its one they recommend for long term maintence....now hand that out as my "diet advice"....but its a looong hard slog to get the results you would get on LT!!!!

hi,
now that i'm getting nearer to goal loads of people seem to be saying "what are you gonna do when you've finished lipo coz you can't stay on this forever....you're bound to put on some weight when you finish...as soon as you start eating again you'll have the same problems you had before" argh, it does my head in!!
i just tell them that i'm gonna watch the calories, 2000 per day, 14000 per week so i can have a weekend blowout and make up for it in the week. people tend to shut up then, but you can see that they are waiting to see me fail....it's not pleasant but i just think STUFF YOU....i know how hard this has been both on the diet and before being SO unhappy with myself... i am back in control and plan to stay that way and me knowing that is far more important than convincing anyone else!
well that's my rant over with lol!
it's a bummer when you get the negatives but the positives of the weight loss batter that down (most of the time lol)
ignore them,
fran :)

Well said Fran - just dont let the negative vibes get you down!

I havent told many people im doin LT, last time i did it there neg comments made me think is it really a good idea to loose weight this way!!
A mate of mine was death down on me doing it and suprise suprise she wants to start now!

I think they just dont konw how to react when they see how good your doing and want to see you fail so they can feel better about themselves and what they actually shove down there throats!!!

It really makes you think about what you ate before this, cos i know i was only eating to eat NOT when i was actually hungry!

STUFF THE HATERS

I just tell people that if they thinks its unhealthy then thats up to them but do they not think that me being 7 Stone over weight is equally unhealthy and at least Im doing something about it.

Any diet which provides you with the government-regulated Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients cannot be unhealthy (whether that's Lipotrim, Lighter Life or Cambridge).

Being overweight, obese or mobidly obese and eating a diet high in saturated fats and processed sugars (which most people live on as a rule) most definitely is unhealthy.

Throughout my CD journey and since I've reached my target weight (AND kept it off .. ner ner! :p) I don't think I'd ever felt as healthy as I was getting a more nutrionally balanced diet than I ever did before.

As I tell all my clients, it really doesn't matter which diet you do to lose weight (whether it's a VLCD, Weight Watchers, Slimming World etc.), if you go back to your old eating habits once you reach your goal weight you WILL put the weight back on again. It ain't rocket science :rolleyes:

Wait until they see the amazing results you'll get on Lipotrim and then see how many of them ask you for the details of how you've achieved your success. End of! :)

People at work have had a laugh about it too,even joked there gonna bet how long it will last but i just laughed along and thought ill show you.
Sod em i say lol

xxx

I dont know what to say as I agree with what everyone else says.
I am lucky and the people I work with are supportive. My family aren't too bad but my step mum is an advocate of WW as she lost loads of weight doing that. You have to do what is right for you. When the weight starts to come off they will be asking you all about it etc..
Hang in there girl and you'll soon prove them wrong!

Thanks for all ur positive comments! I'm glad its not just me that is surrounded by unsupportive people (although its sad that we all have to have so much abuse!) I only had someone (who i met that day)the other day going on about it and saying "personally im a great believer in slimming world! you can eat huge meals every day and i have lost 1 stone in a year" I think the point is you should be eating small healthy amounts! oh well, i know im going to be healthier when i'm finished. xx

I decided not to tell anyone in work because it would just lead to loads of questions and at the end of the day its none of their business but my own! Although it means that when I go and make my shakes / soup its like Im doing a secret military operation :)

Im heading to my folks at the weekend now that will be a challenge!

Ditto ditto ditto....... Echoing all comments!

I'd say everyone has had their fair share of the "it's mad". Ignore them.

I like the mass moon btw :banghead: Feck them

Wrote my story about negative comments on here many a times....

Tis always the fat women that are negative... thin people arent usually too bothered in my opinion.

End of the day I have been naughty and lived off one shake a day and not the recommended amount of water... there is alot of tolerance in this diet... your body can survive on less than you think.

Obviously i'm not reccomending it and I only did that at a time when I couldnt get hold of my pharmacy to get enough shakes for the week.

I've found alot out about this diet anyway.... there are certain additions things that effect how the diet effects your body. I'd love to be a part of the research group on this programme.

Wrote my story about negative comments on here many a times....

Tis always the fat women that are negative... thin people arent usually too bothered in my opinion.

End of the day I have been naughty and lived off one shake a day and not the recommended amount of water... there is alot of tolerance in this diet... your body can survive on less than you think.

Obviously i'm not reccomending it and I only did that at a time when I couldnt get hold of my pharmacy to get enough shakes for the week.

I've found alot out about this diet anyway.... there are certain additions things that effect how the diet effects your body. I'd love to be a part of the research group on this programme.

As much as I can see where your coming from, I dont really agree with what your posting on a forum for dieters that can be, and lets be truethful, very vulnerable.
Every single human is made differently, physically and mentally. Some of us can survive without any solids for a month or so and some cant, but liquid is absolutley necessary for survival for everyone. No matter how fat, skinny, young or old.
This diet as been formulated by a team of expierenced dieticians, researchers and the like. Im 110% positive it as been formulated to an incredibly high standard, with as you say 'tolerences'.
My personal message to everyone who is indulging in this VLCD, is stick to it as it is written down and the results speak volumes. Im sorry if I sound patronising, I dont mean to.
Matty I'm not saying you condone your experimental version of the diet but I do think its a negetive piece of information posted to some people who are already confused with regards to certain aspects of this already harsh diet.
This is not a dig mate, just an observation and my and only my humble opinion.:)

I deinitely agree with Garry it could be very dangerous to some people to not get the full nutrients that 3 scahets provide! I have felt very light headed lots of times when constantly having all 3 shakes so who knows what would have happened with less! I would also strongly reccommend that people follow the diet to the letter and reap the rewards.
Well said Gaz xxx

Stick with it babes, most of my friends and family thought it was really extreme (especially my grandad, he thinks I've gone mad!). If you think about it, it is extreme but it's your choice and if it works and you follow the rules to the letter and never miss an appointment at the pharmacy then why not? It helps us take a breather from food completely, deal with how we feel in day to day life - emotionally, physically and mentally without being able to blot everything out by using food. It's recognised by the medical profession to be safe and effective so don't worry. Quite often these negative comments come from people who are trying to sabotage you as your success and motivation can bring home the lack of this they have themselves. Keep going babes, only you can decide if it's right for you xxx

Back