Negative people Arrgghhhh!... I need a rant!!!

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
It really winds me up the way some people can be very negative about LT. I only told a handful of people i was starting it and i still seem to be getting the "it's not good, not eating", "are you sure you're not going to make yourself ill" and the disapproving looks! :sigh: God, it seems like i can't win, i used to get ribbed for being fat and now for trying to do something about it!!!
I know it will be me that is laughing at the end, but it really doesn't help and neither does offering me food!!!!
Rant over
Day 4 still a little hungry and not yet in keotosis :cry:Fingers crossed it kicks in before sat!

you will deffo be in ketosis very soon,if you cant string a sentence together properly and your feeling cold then they are good signs you are almost there.Many people including myself have moaned about other peoples comment ,i can tell you that the doubters will soon be asking for your chemists details,try explaining that you are medically supervised if that doesnt work sod them you are doing this for you xxxxx

you will deffo be in ketosis very soon,if you cant string a sentence together properly and your feeling cold then they are good signs you are almost there.Many people including myself have moaned about other peoples comment ,i can tell you that the doubters will soon be asking for your chemists details,try explaining that you are medically supervised if that doesnt work sod them you are doing this for you xxxxx

Yeah, i am definately cold!!! But still getting my sentences out haha Think i am become obssessed with the keo sticks lol i use one everytime i go to the loo (which is alot) OOPS

I keep telling myself that and i know i am doing it for me but the food thing thats just cruel :mad: Oh well if i can cope with natural childbirth, i am sure i can resist ekk
Thank you hun x

try and leave the sticks til the morning even if you are in ketosis as your drinking so much water they only show a lot in the first pee of the day(bit like a pregnancy test) the first few days are hard i wont lie to you but this is an amazing diet that does work if you stick to it ,try and see food as your enermy at the moment its because of eating to much of it you are on LT ,that helped me in the first week and then it is a hell of a lot easier ,the first weigh in makes you determined and ketosis stops the hunger,just remember you are not alone and there is always someone on here willing to listen and not judge ,good luck hun you can do this xxx

thats precisely why i didnt say anything, only to a very close friend who had tried it before anyway and my most immediate family (OH, kids and one of my sister in laws). i knew that if they kept asking about it or like your getting, give negative comments i wouldnt have been able to handle it, on top of having no food, feeling cold etc. im glad that i didnt. i just said that i was detoxing and was handling it myself (which is sort of true!!) and that was it. it worked for me. even now, on maintenance ive no intention of saying how i did it. its between my family and the gatepost lol

h x

I know its easier said than done, but dont mind them... You have made a concious choice to sort out your weight and more importantly your long-term health. I reckon people who give the negative comments just dont understand how it works and are sceptics of it. I bet if they took the time and read some proper literature about it they would be more supportive of you.

One of the best things about this forum is that no matter how much negativity you may get out there, you will always be welcomed, heard and helped in here... remember that, we are all here fro you!! xxx

And sure sod them.. in a few months time you will be a new, happier you and they will all be jealous!:p

I told everybody i have to say, my brother was a nightmare..telling how silly i was etc! I am going to his house this afternoon ha the first time ive seen him in a couple of months no i cannot wait to show him how well ive done and let him see how healthy i am!! Ignore them honey xxx

as my mam would say" bugger em"!;)

Oh nic. My detractors are LOVING this. I was doing really really well on ss CD then had to have my gallbladder out and yes. I know there is a link between VLCD and gallstones but these stones were the size of golfballs and clearly had not developed just since i was doing the diet. I am now holed up in bed but will be re-commencing the CD on Monday, because, apart from the horrendous cholecystitis pain.....i never felt better! So they can all bog off!
You have your path to follow and they have theirs, that's all there is to it.

Give It A Couple Of Weeks And See What They Say Then, I Decided Not To Say Anything To Anyone But My Sister, But Found It Really Hard To Kepp Quiet About It As I Always Eat Round My Mums, So Had To Explain It To Her Than My Dad, Brothers. Hubby, Nieces And So On, I Really Could Not Believe How Supportive They Had And Are Being, They All Text On A Friday To See How Well I Have Done Which Is Great. I Think They Have Wanted Me To Do Something About It For Ages But Just Did Not Know How To Approach Me And I Suppose Did Not Want To Hurt My Feelings. Keep At To And Don't Listen To Them As Your Figure Will Speak For You Very Soon!!. Xx

I know exactly what you mean negative comments constantly!! It just make you want to stay on it even more! gives you more motivation to show them!! The amount of people who go on and on about weight watchers and slimming world and how I should be doing that instead it winds me up!! Ive been on it 5 wks and lost 1st 7lb and so its works! and im happy! stuff them all! :) :) xxx

No i have seen my first weight loss i am not bothered what everyone else thinks!!! Like you say they can all BOG OFF lol

Ive not told my dad yet as i know im gonna get 'we all need food blah blah blah' only told my cousin (whos on it) and my boyf i dont wanna tell my friends as i dont see them that often so wanna see there reactions!!! Lol

Funny this thread has popped up today. I told a good friend today and outside of my family, she is the only one and that is how it will stay as her reaction really peeved me. I told her my GP thought it was a good idea and just NO Way, she didn't like it and it couldn't be healthy. She doesn't want to hear about it if I end up sick having not taken her advice........Will be avoiding her for a while!!!!

So taking the advice from this thread and saying .....sod them!

Ive not told my dad yet as i know im gonna get 'we all need food blah blah blah' only told my cousin (whos on it) and my boyf i dont wanna tell my friends as i dont see them that often so wanna see there reactions!!! Lol

Best way hunni, my family have come aroundish now after 4 weeks, but still get the comments every now and again! And my friends well i have just avioded..this diet is hard enough without all that crap

Funny this thread has popped up today. I told a good friend today and outside of my family, she is the only one and that is how it will stay as her reaction really peeved me. I told her my GP thought it was a good idea and just NO Way, she didn't like it and it couldn't be healthy. She doesn't want to hear about it if I end up sick having not taken her advice........Will be avoiding her for a while!!!!

So taking the advice from this thread and saying .....sod them!
You go girl ...sod em all they will be jealous in a very short while xx

Ugh I totally knw what you mean. Which is why I don't tell anyone I'm on it. When I'm at work I have the soup for lunch or the drink, and they just think thats normal. If my friends ask me out, I make some excuse about money :)

Back