Nelly's on a mission

Much better thank you Bren.

And thanks to the rest of your for checking in!

I'm still here, not 100% Atkins at the moment but trying to stay in control.

Have a great weekend all. x

Morning chick.x

Here I am!

Been to the rheumatologist today and got 2 diagnoses. 1 for fibromyalgia and the other for osteo-arthritis in both hips. Pants!

Need a couple of days to digest, but have to get back on the wagon big time as although losing weight won't help the arthritis, it should help with the pain. There was even talk about joint replacement - I'm only 40.

oh jeez hon :( xxxx fibromyalgia is horrid and i cant even imagine what you going through :( xxxx

Wow Nic that sounds really tough. Lots of ((hugs))
Xx

That is a hell of a lot to take in straight away, hope they can help you with the pain Nic - getting the weight off will certainly help with the pressure on your joints though - good enough motivation!
:hug99:

Oh Nic so sorry to hear it's all happening, and in both hips - let's hope, as Bren say, that they can sort out some medication for you. Living with constant pain must be awful

My aunt has the same and she's only a couple of years older than you. All I can say is if joint replacement is going to help then go for it, because it gets harder to have as the condition progresses and the surgeons on the NHS doing it tend to be very very good as they work so much with old ladies and fragile patients. I know it's all horribly scary though. I really hope they find a good painkiller for you to help manage things.

Morning Nic,

The weight loss will certainly help. I had my left hip replaced about 4 years ago, the difference is amazing, but losing weight helped a lot as well.

Morning all!

Still reeling a bit from it all. Going to see my GP later this morning for some stronger meds.

The way the rheumy put it was that I wouldn't even be considered for joint replacement yet because of my age. It's a double edged sword as the fibro increases pain signals. Oh joy! Still, got to stay positive.

I have to admit though all I want to do is dive into a pile of chocolate and biscuits.....................

morning hon. Oh love I can imagine - comfort food!!! Dont do it though - make yourself something atkins friendly - stuff yourself with cheese or something xxxxx

I have to admit though all I want to do is dive into a pile of chocolate and biscuits.....................

I can understand that love. {{{{Nic}}}}

Well I've been to the Dr's and he's put me on some scary epilepsy medication. There are some pretty scary side effects in there, some of which I already suffer from and don't want them made worse but apparently these type of drugs are the best things for fibro pain when normal painkillers aren't working. And the worst part NO ALCOHOL! OMG! Sob, sob, sob!

Also, while I was there my GP asked for my weight (which I whispered LOL!) and height and said about weight loss surgery to which I flippantly said "yes please!" so he's started the ball rolling! OMG! I have to see a dietician first so need to wait for an appt for that.

The physio dept phoned me while I was out about the fibro treatment but I haven't been able to get through yet to book a time and date.

Still feeling pretty low though, no alcohol isn't helping :p

Hey ho! Keep plodding along..........

No alcohol - we will do it together Nic - I am abstaining as it stops me losing - so we will be strong together hon xxxx

Love the new pic Nic. :)

Back