Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Hi peachy, looking good then love. Well done.

hi all, i am starting this diet 2moro, im a very fussy eater though and have never ever done anything like atkins before so am a little worried!!! have read everyones sucesses with this diet and am very excited to start, bought all my meat, greens and supps today and just have a few questions if anyone fancies helping out???!
>do i take all the supps at the same time in the morning??
>i know im allowed ceasar dressing but can i have shop bought dressing?? it wont knock me out of ketosis if i shop buy will it??
>how do i make a good creamy sauce for my chicken??

thanks everyone, and congrats to ya'lls that have lost weight, fingers crossed i will be joining the ranks asap :) x

Hi Shell and welcome. You may not get much of a response here as this thread has been quiet for a long time now.

Hi all - count me in, I have taken the plunge today and ordered the pig2twig diet book and cook book which should arrive on Wednesday and I thought at the end of the day even if for some reason this diet does not suit me at least it I will have something to read in the staff room at dinnertime.

I saw confessions of a shopaholic on the plant on Monday coming back from Turkey and I really enjoyed it and both my partner and myself were slightly tearful watching marley and me on the plane going out (how sad is that).:confused:

Morning all, so how are we doing so far?

day 5-all is well so far, no headaches, its making me worry that bcos im not feeling the strain im not doing it right, but i didnt eat many sugary things before the diet started so maybe thats why??
just spending my time reading through the forum cos i really want some orange juice and trying to avoid it!!!

Not everyone gets the headaches Shell, I never did. I got the Atkins flu though, big style for a couple of days.

well i started the diet with a cold, shouldn't have really but i think my vitamins/supplements really helped and am much better now! infact, without carbs i feel better than ive ever felt. i used to graze all the time, just picking at food bcos i always felt hungry, not anymore, its really really wierd!!! I've not weighed yet, am going to wait until friday morning, exactly 1 week after starting....very excited, nervous also tho....
looking forward to a tasty omlette for tea, had a sausage casserole type thing for dinner so dont need massive amounts for tea.
Jim as i'm reading through the forum ive noticed you everywhere! you're like our own low carb guru! you seem to give everyone advice and help and support, its very kool :) am happy to have found this forum and the support its going to provide!
Also, just found out people eat pepperami and babybell cheese on low carb diets, is this ok??? if so i'm going to asda later so will buy some for a treat in the week :)

x

ps-would you recommend reading the atkins diet book alongside neris and india??

Hi everyone!

I've just come from a LL meeting and my counsellor has taken me off the programme as the soups shakes were making me ill but kindly she's letting me stay to the group sessions.

Anyway - I've been looking through this forum for aaaages trying to find a diet I might love and from reading all about IPD it sounds great so I've just ordered the books and hopefully will be joining you very soon!

Lori :talk017:

p.s i'm very excited! yaaaaay!

Hi Lori and welcome, good luck you'll find plenty of help around here.

Shell, I think you'd find contradictions between the two and that might confuse you. I don't really know much about IPD and I suspect Atkins is stricter with the carbs.

ah right never mind then.

welcome lori, one piece of advice i give you is to read the book properly!!! word by word page by page! you'll be sooooo excited after reading it and it is sooo easy i have to say, i couldn't carry on LL either bcos the soups made me sick, i think i managed 3 days and i couldnt carry on anymore so gave in and gorged on a massive cookie, lol it was heaven! Even the thought of the smell of those awful soups makes me gag :-( urgh!

So an update on IPD, i'm on day 6, 3 sausages and a fried egg and tomato for breakfast, plus supplements, all was going well today, until i went to my house. I've been staying at my boyfriends and have felt absolutely fine, no hunger pangs at all, only slight cravings, no lethargy. However when i got home i sat on my couch and started to watch the project runway i'd recorded.
The spot where i was sitting is where i used to sit when i had my massive crisp binges, and where i'd just sit all day watching crap on tv. I swear as soon as i sat down i started feeling hungry, 10minutes after eating!
No NO, this isn't right, didn't feel like this at my bfs so why now!?
The previous night i discovered i could eat pepperami's and babybells so i bought a pack of each. Anyway i'm embarrassed to say this but i have to, i totally binged and didn't have any proper dinner, i just kept picking at these pepperamis and BBs, i had 3 pepperamis and 2 babybells, in like half an hour. So wierd. I have a feeling i'm emotionally attached to a particular eating routine i had at my house and thats why i started thinking i was hungry and why i was picking and not eating a proper dinner.

Ugh i can't believe i felt like that! Gonna have to train myself out of it. Also i felt completely devoid of energy, it took me 2 hours to decide whether i could be bothered or not to take my dog for a walk! But i went, so i guess thats a small part of the battle.

Anyway i'm working in the day 2moro and friday so will hopefully be able to control it.

The negative aside, no headaches yet thank god. The book says that by day 8 my body should be adjusted to the new way of eating and i should start feeling amazing, looking forward to it, lol.
The few physical things i've noticed are the back of my teeth feel a bit wierd, furry-like, when i rub my tongue on them, even after brushing!!
Also my thigh and arm muscles are aching, not exercised with them so no reason for them to ache, it feels like they're working overtime to just do normal things, wondering if its the diet causing this cos i've never had it before!?!?!

Right, after my giant post, i apologise first, but now i must sleep :)
another update 2moro x

Morning Shell!

Routines are like that, if it helps, try and break the routines where you used to binge love.

today was much better at home, i think that day was just my 'bad i'm ready to give up' day, they said in the book you'll probably have one but with loads of headaches so i just assumed bcos i wasn't feeling physically down i wasn't having a bad day, lol, also i've got my weigh in 2moro so woo fingers crossed :)

Hi Shell, Totally understanding what you mean about reading the book!!! It arrived for me yesterday and I sat in the garden this morning and read it for 3 hours - i was so into it that i didn't notice my arms getting sunburned - d'oh! I'm just over halfway through so hopefully I'll get to grips with it and start Monday!

How is it going for you today???

Lori

Reactions: Jim
How did the WI go Shell?

My books arrived on Saturday and I am really enjoying reading them but I have not read much about 40 pages as I have been stuck at work, I am however determined to read them from start to finish without skipping straight to the diet, so I will be with you when I have finally had time to read them as I have another double shift again tomorrow.
:wave_cry: Jo x

Reactions: Jim
I'm really plesed you are all taking this so seriously and reading up, well done all of you.

Hi Jo, glad you got your books! I'm on day 3 now and really enjoying the meals I've cooked from the books, so tasty!

Hi Jim, thanks for being all supportive, from looking round the forum I can see your somewhat of a diet guru!

I wonder if you can help me with something, how relative are calories when you're in Ketosis??? I'm just wondering since being on LL was 500cals a day, compared to IPD where I'm not counting them at the moment? Obviously I'm assuming that the old balance still applies, but wondering if I should be counting? If you can point me to some advice(here or elsewhere) I'd be greatful!

Loz x

Hi Loz, I never bothered with counting calories on Atkins, mind you the old adage applies, if you eat more than you need you won't lose weight doesn't it. I don't really see how you can limit your calories and carbs, it's sort of counter productive in my mind love. HTH. :)

Back