Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Morning all! Had a busy day at work yesterday so not been able to get online!
I can't access pigtotwig forum yet either :'( bummer!
OOOh wii active? Whats that one?? I like the sound of the 30 day challenge! I've got wii fit which is brill if you've got the discipline to go on it everyday, and the wii fitness coach one, which isnt that good, lol!

I have a shamefull and embarrassing confession to make!!! lol, remember i said i lost 2inchs? Well i was getting really annoyed a few days ago bcos its a big loss and i couldn't see where it had gone, so i measured again, lol, and i took the measurements wrong!!! Theres a space about 2" big at the start of the tape before the numbers start, and instead of starting at 1", lol, i started at the beginning of the tape!!! Nearly cried when i realised!! Well, not really, but i was sooooooooooo embarrassed and haven't felt this stupid for a loooong time!!! hahaha the shame!!
Anyway, weigh in results, drumroll please, -3lbs! Woo, thats 12lbs in 2 weeks, why oh why couldn't i have had the extra 2lbs to make it an even stone!? Measurements wise i haven't really lost enough to make note, apart from 1" on my waist, which i can see, finally!
I have to say, i know that any weight loss is brilliant, but i honestly thought i would lose more bcos i've been walking for an hour each day up and down a hilly route, and i've been working loads running around in the heat waitressing and serving in a pub, so i thought i'd lose more!!
Confession time though, i haven't drunk nearly enough water as i should be drinking. Its because i didn't buy any bottles, and just had glasses of tap water, which i couldn't keep count of and tasted minging :p bleugh! So i have now stocked up on 1ltr bottles and its now much easier to keep track, fingers crossed for this next 7 days :)

Hi jennie! Congrats so far on IPD! And everyone else who's bought the book and waiting to start :) x

oh yeh btw, how do i write that bit under my post where everyones tickers and goals and losses are?? Is it in the 'signature' part? my posts looks plain! Then again, i probably shouldn't beef them out anymore!

Hey Shell!!!! 3lbs is bloody awesome! Don't be disappointed!! and in 2 weeks you are only a teeny tiny 2lbs away from having lost a whole stone!!! that is something to be celebrated!!! Plus you have the knowledge that you haven't had enough water!!! Lol.. don't worry about the measuring tape incident . sounds exactly like the kinda thing i'll do! I know the book says to measure once a week, but i would say only to do it once a month or on a week you don't lose, that way the change is likely to be more noticeable than on a week to week basis!!!

Hi Jenni, great that your doing IPD - how is your first week going? My headached appeared yesterday on Day 5 - wasn't great when stuck in queues on the motorway - just wanted to curl up and sleep!!!

My WI is tomorrow, and I'm hoping it will be 3lbs - I'll be happy with that. Obviously if its more i'll do a little dance around the room :D

Shell - i think theres a big thread on the forum that tells you all about adding tickers - but yes its in the signature! i'll try and hunt it out for you!

HI Aurora... I read through the thread today and sounds like theres some odd stuff going on with the p2t site and forum... glad you managed to get back!

yeh 3lbs is pretty damn good, lol, i agree :) thanks!
ugh felt so sick when i took my supplements today, i thought i was gonna throw everywhere in the kitchen, bad times! It passed though, thankfully!
Had a look at the ea sports active thing for the wii, got paid yesterday and although i should be saving up for my london trip in july, think i might treat myself :) woo

hope everyone is well and doing well :) x

HI Aurora... I read through the thread today and sounds like theres some odd stuff going on with the p2t site and forum... glad you managed to get back!

It is strange isn't it? The Mods seem to be as confused as the rest of the forum.

Why there couldn't have been a 'redirect' to the new address I don't know.

Does anyone have any idea why my attempt at giving the new address was replaced by asterisks? It seems a bit odd.

Hiya!! Can I join this thread please!! I have tried everything!! Cant get on with Cambridge diet.. I have ordered my book!! Cant wait!! How long has everyone been on it etc!?!? Need extra support from lovely people like yourselves!! xx

Hi PinkScrummyMummy - welcome aboard, the more the merrier! What I will say is make sure you read the whole book (atleast up to phase 2!) before starting the diet at least once - and refer back to it!!! I find this diet soooo much nicer than meal replacement - you can eat out without any hassle n the recipes i've tried so far are great!!!

Had my WI today - I'm minus 3lbs which is great! Altho as always I'd have liked more!!! I'm crossing my fingers that I can do 3lbs each week up til my holiday and then I will be a stone lighter for going wild in Germany! Plus I had so much work last week that I missed nearly all of my gym sessions and struggled to fit the walks in, so this week i'm back on the excersize train so hopefully i'll chugga-chugga-woo-woo some pounds off :cool:

YEY CONGRATULATIONS!!! 3lbs is brill :) lol 'chugga chugga woo woo some pounds off' is the best phrase i've seen, ever!
Also where in germany are you going?? I love it, was born there and am half german so its my favourite place ever! Well apart from one thing at the minute, when i last visited my oma my uncle came to see me cos it had been a while and we were just chatting and then all of a sudden he looked at me and said, quite bluntly "oh by the way, what happened to you?" (referring to my weight) i was gutted, so i need to lose weight so i can go back to germany and say 'look, look at me, look what you did' lol, the big arse.
Oh dear sorry bout that little rant, lol.

Ah i so love this diet, lol, i'm having gammon for tea, yum yums excited!

Hi scrummymummy :) welcome welcome!! I second what angelchaser said about reading the book fully (well up to phase 2) its so much easier to follow the diet when you really understand it. Not only is it v.v. informative its hilarious! I found i related to neris and india a lot, made me feel better about starting :)

Hope everyones had a good day? I'm off to work in an hour so gonna read for a bit before the mad rush of quiz people hound me for beer!!

x

I'm going to Heidelberg this time around. I've also been to Köln on a work exchange and went touring round Thüringen whilst volunteering! Have to say I love Germany - some of the friendliest people I've ever met!! I seem to always get lucky and get free things from people while I'm there!! Whereabouts are you from???

That's a shame about your uncle being so blunt - but if you can turn it around into something positive e.g. motivation, then its not so bad! I have plenty of annoying family who use that classic phrase 'You've got such a pretty face, if only you weren't so fat'
It's taken me years to get to a stage where I can drown out the last part of that phrase and just take the first part and use it as an ego boost!

I've had such a lazy weekend - I've almost lived in my bed *tisk tisk* I blame the fact that the weather is mean - so sunny all week while i was at work - rainy and cold weekend when i could go out and play! Silly old England!

Hope everyone else is ok!

Loz x

Hi Scrummy Mummy, welcome to the forum.

Germany, I love it. I was born in Hamburg, St Pauli ;) says a lot I suppose and I have lived in Hamburg, Bad Oeyenhausen, Iserlohn, Rheindahlen, Detmold and Bielefeld. I speak fluent German as well, but writing without a Deutsche keyboard is difficult.

lol cool stuff Jim! This is turning into a right little German group! I will be very honest and say most people I know scoff when I say how much I like Germany - I think its so sad that they judge such a beautiful country based on the teeniest part of its history!

Moving on before I roll off into a big ol' rant.....

I just made myself the IPD 'Sausage & Egg Muffins' - omg they were sooooo goooood - I was expecting them to be rubbish as I'm not a great chef, and like dense and icky and not muffin like at all.... but they worked (i think) and they were really really great :) I'm pleased as punch!

Has anyone else tried making them?? Or tried any of the other recipes???

I did the butternut squash soup - it was delicious, although if anyone else makes it i would be careful about using a whole stock cube - mine tasted ever so slightly too salty - but as I say i'm not the worlds best cook!

Right I have read up to phase 2 IPD and I have had a good look in the cookbook and quite fancy the butternut squash soup and the sausage muffins myself but I am having a meal with the girls from work on Thursday (Italian) so I will have to start it on Friday which gives me a few more days to get my shopping in.

yay! they are truly great recipes Scamp!

Enjoy you're Italian Meal! Buon Appetito!

So Friday is the day then. Great stuff.

Hey Mixed Spice & Karmawitch :wave_cry: can I join your Wii active challenge, I will pick one up the weekend so I can be ready for 15th as well.

I have been doing Go Lower for the past couple of months, which is low carb as well, and puts you into Ketosis! I do like the diet but since I came back from my holiday I can't seem to commit to start it again :( much to my disgust.

I have brought and read the IPD book and are willing to give it a go, I will still use my Go Lower food packs for the odd meal to use them up because as I signed up with them for 20 weeks, I still have a few supplies left :eek:

Maybe this is the boost I need to get losing again :)

Karen X

Back