Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Hi Karen, I'm sure the Girls will be very happy for you to join in. :wavey:

Woah jim were you in the army?? Couple of the places you mentioned my family were posted there when i was younger. My sister was born in lippstadt, i was born in herford and my oma still lives there today. And speaking of Heidelberg my mums auntie lives there in this beautiful massive house with sheep and a brook in her garden, lucky thing!

It makes me mad that people seem to think its ok to talk about weight all the time, like it doesn't affect anyone! No matter whether you're overweight or underweight people think they can just chat about it willy nilly! Especially jonathon ross, anyone else noticed this??? All he talks about to people is how they look now, how they used to look, and whether or not they are heavier or lighter than when he last saw them!? Annoying!

Feeling a bit tired today, can't put my finger on it, think its just bcos its a grey day and i didn't sleep very well last night. I know N&I tell you to do something to wake up and energize but i gave in to the temptation and had a nap :) haha it was great!
Going to do a wii fit workout later also.
I made spagetti bolognase for tea, minus the noodles of course, i'm excited for it!
Also loz now you've mentioned the egg muffins i might try them! I wasn't sure about them (quite a fussy eater!) but if you say they're good i'm gonna give them a whack!

welcome scamp! hope you enjoy your italian on friday!!! good luck with the diet when you begin :)

x

Hi Karen, I looked at go lower and was tempted by it, still slightly am, but get bored of soups! IPD is great so if you're joining us that's awesome and welcome aboard!

Shell I totally blame the weather, the cold and the rain always drives me to bed! It was so miserable on Saturday that I didn't get up til 1pm.... lazy even for me but all i could hear was rain!

Tonight has been a bit mixed for me -

Firstly I made the Celeriac Bravas from the IPD Cookbook - omg soooo goood! I've never ever had celeriac before and have to say i think its yummy.... but I liked it even better than patatas bravas cuz it had more flavour than potatoes!!! Try it, try it, try it!

Then I went to my LighterLife Group - I still go for the counselling bit even tho I'm not on the programme. I did a weigh in and was 5lbs heavier than I was on my IPD weigh in on Sunday! :cry:I'm trying to be rational about it, like I was wearing my jeans and heavy clothes (I literally weighed them - 2.5lbs!) which means 2.5lbs heavier today than sunday... I know I shouldn't take it gospel cuz of natural fluctuations and i'm also nearing TOTM but it's making me stress I'm doing something wrong!

Does anyone else do many snacks? I always take a couple of babybel to work to have mid morning - although I'm starting to doubt whether I have them cuz I'm hungry or just cuz theyre there!

Also water - don't know if Jim might know this - can drinking too much through-out the day slow down weightloss??? I drink probably 5 litres a day or 6-7 if I have a gym or dance session... is it too much????

Sorry to be all questionny...i'm just in a bit of a tizzy!

Lori

Woah jim were you in the army?? Couple of the places you mentioned my family were posted there when i was younger. My sister was born in lippstadt, i was born in herford and my oma still lives there today. And speaking of Heidelberg my mums auntie lives there in this beautiful massive house with sheep and a brook in her garden, lucky thing!

I was an Army brat Shell, and then I was a soldier for 25 years after leaving University. I served for 3 years with 2 Para and then transferred to the Ordnance corps and served a further 22. I have a Danish Omi, like Your German Oma. :) I know Lippstadt quite well, we lived in a hiring in Lage, when I was stationed in Detmold. What Regiment or Corps was your Father in? My Kids were both born in BMH Rinteln.

Oooh god thats asking summet, i think, if i remember rightly he was in 7sigs (thats what i remember them calling it lol) while we were in germany, when i get home from work later i will ask him specifics cos i've no clue!!

Lori-I can imagine how you're feeling but don't worry!!! Firstly like the book says, if you're due just take it on the chin if you put on bcos you know you're body's going through crap!! You could even put off weighing until you're in the clear?!? Also, the heavy clothes, thats probably added to it if thats not how you usually weigh yourself you know? So worry not, you know IPD is working for you, can you feel a change???
With the snack thing i don't really snack to be honest, i eat breakfast at about half 8/9 o'clock, then i work at 12 so i'll usually dig into that when i get there or maybe 1, then i try and aim for tea between 6 and 7. I haven't felt an urge to snack, i've been too full of sodding water!!
The other day in work everyone was eating cheese and onion crisps and i couldn't take it anymore, i'd just eaten my lunch and everyone was munching away so i had to leg it to the kitchen and eat a bit of cheese to put my mind at rest, lol, it wasn't crisps but it helped!!

Speaking of which, before this diet i ate so many crisps, they were my only vice, so disgusting to admit but bcos i couldn't decide which flavour or type of crisps i wanted i'd buy loads of multi bags and just munch my way through them, horrible. So today i experienced a major crisp/snack crave in work, then again when i got home :( it wouldnt shift no matter how much water i drank or how much i tried to put it out of my mind so i decided to have some nuts.
Well they were sea salt and black pepper cashews and i finished the bag, couldn't stop eating, i feel awful now for giving into that temptation of binging, but at the same time i'm so thankful it was only nuts and not crisps or bread or the massive amounts of chocolate my parents have in the fridge!

I feel better confessing my sins also!
Gonna have grilled chicken and pesto salad for tea, yumzers :)

Just a small question for people regarding bowel movements, i'm not going as much as i used to, i'm not constipated or anything, just worried about the lack of regular movement.....anyone know whats normal when low-carbing??
I eat mainly lettuce, green peppers, cucumber, spring onions, avacado, and i've had brocolli once. Do you think i should try for more 'meaty' veg?? I'm a very fussy eater btw and nervous about trying new things.

Thanks all :) x

oh my lordy the size of that post!!!! lol sorry!!

Oh i missed that, Lori, scales will vary, you can only use the reading from one set of scales love.

Shell, Are you adding any physillium husk or erm... damn I've forgotten the name of it but it's basically linseed seeds.

Jeez, oh dear, it's late and I've had a hard day.

Hey shell, havin slept on it i'm feeling more rational and relaxed today so *oooohhhhmmmm*

Lol the bowel movement thing - i'm going less too - like i feel like i should be producing more cuz of the amount I eat, but not happening! Maybe its just adjustment??? Make sure you're drinking enough water too!

I'm attempting to make moussaka at the moment - its literally in the oven - not sure how its gonna turn out - i'm a bit doubtful on this one....

How is everyone getting on with the excersizeing???? I'm being a bit rubbish with it at the moment. need to get back into the swing!

Loz

p.s Shell I like the long posts - It gives me something to read ;)

Good morning, how are we all today?

Morning Jim,
I was wondering about kebabs, can you have donna kebab meat as it is very greasy and can you have the chilli sauce or do you have it with mayoniase.
Thanks Jo x

Hi Scamp, I don't know about the diet you're on but it's fine on Atkins, the chilli sauce though is quite sweet, but it depends on how much you have I suppose, I like lots of it. :D

O Scamp I think i love you!!! I was wondering about kebabs...glad to hear you can do it on Atkins! i would say the sauces might be a potential sticking point depending on the amount of sugar in them but if its a hot chilli and not a sweet chilli and its not drowning in it it can't hurt... i mean after all the book says we can have a naughty big of plum sauce with duck if we have chinese!!

Today i'm feeling quite chipper! full of vim and vam... :)

How are you Jim? And everyone else??

Hi Loz, I'm fine love. Can't wait for my holiday!!

Hi everyone, been away for a few days and eaten like a pig - if I be honest, I'm sick of eating, and can't wait to get back on the diet wagon. However, tomorrow we are going to see War of The Worlds 30th Anniversary stage show, and going for a meal beforehand. And Saturday is my Birthday and my OH has arranged to take me out for a meal!! Roll on Monday !!!

Kj2s of course you can start the wii fit challenge with us on Monday - the more the merrier - anyone else ?

Jim and others on high protien/low carb/IPD - does it REALLY work? I can't see how eating all that yummy food can make you loose weight!

Jim, do you have a blog or anything anywhere? What kind of things were you eating, what was your average weight loss, how long did it take you? That kind of thing, I'm getting nervous that I am just going to pile weight on and not loose it

Oooh where are you off to jim??!! I'm going through a bit of a fear of flying at the minute so i'm only going to london for 4 nights in july, very excited though bcos when i am there the harry potter premiere is on and i might see the lovely rupert grint!!! (i'm no cradle snatcher btw i'm only 23 so its fine to fancy him!!)

I'm taking 2 physillium husks daily, there is movement, just not as much, lol, wanted to make sure i wasn't being a weirdo like i normally am!

Glad you're feeling better lori! Its all good :) my exercising is a bit crap at the minute, 1st week i did nothing, 2nd week i walked my dog for 1 or 2 hours a day, this week, lol, not much! Well, i took my dog out for an hour today, and when i work i'm standing for hours and waiting on running around so i count that as movement at least! But i should be doing some more wii fit really....

Hey by 2o'clock this afternoon i had drunk 2ltrs of water! So proud of myself!! Thats a record let me tell you! I cracked open another 2ltr bottle before so will hopefully have finished that by bedtime, i might even treat myself to some green tea later, yum!

Lori-i think its so kool that you're making the recipes out of the book! I'm too chicken, i tried the tarragon chicken on day one but found that i hate tarragon and lemon in my chicken!!!
I think i'm gonna have to doa quick search for some friendly low carb recipes! Made mini cheese burgers the other night, put a knob of butter in the middle of the lump before cooking and by joe they were juicy! Thats been my favourite meal so far :)
I only eat german salami, bratties, bockwurst ,chicken, mince, sausages, gammon and bacon all from the butchers. Veggie wise i eat iceberg lettuce, the little jem lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers and tomatos. Cheese i eat is plain old organic cheddar, brie, FETA!!! mmm, and edam. Oh and organic eggs, cold&hard boiled, scrambled or fried. My boyfriend gets mad bcos i only eat 'boring' food (he counts himself as a bit of a foodie) but i love my meals cos i enjoy them soso much!!

A typical day for me food-wise is....
Breakfast-3 sausages, 2 eggs, half tomato
Dinner-Iceberg lettuce, cucumber, green peppers & feta cheese salad
Tea-Chilli & cheese with cucumber & tomato salad

I'll alternate with my breakfasts though, some days i'll have a nice sexy fry-up, others i'll have a little anti-pasti plate with cold meats, cheeses and a few plain brazil nuts.
Dinners are usually big salads with either cheese in them, or a mayonnaise dressing, occasionally with chicken or bacon.
Tea is usually chilli, gammon with fried egg, homemade bolognaise minus the spagetti!, chicken ceasar salad, george forman grilled chicken on lettuce with mayo, mini cheese burgers, bratties/bockwurst and mustard. Lol, i realise it's not a big choice of things but i don't get bored easily with food i like so its all good in the hood :)

How bout everyone else? How do your meals usually pan out?? Anyone got any nice tips for meals?? Plain ones?? lol :) xxx

Hi karma!! Trust me on this, i have tried every diet under the sun and nothing has worked for me like this!! I'm on IPD and have drank only water and not had a sniff of anything sweet for just under 3 weeks now and i've never felt better! The main thing is to drink water all the time bcos it really really makes a difference! Week one i lost 9lbs and week 2 i lost 3 lbs, so i reckon low carbing could get you to lose about a stone in the first month, depending on how strictly you follow it. But thats the thing! Its sooooooooooo easy to do! I doubted this diet but i have to say, i think i'm gonna eat like this forever, i'm kind of starting to hate bread, and i used to eat soo much of it all the time!

Enjoy your weekend anyway!!! xxx

Jim, do you have a blog or anything anywhere? What kind of things were you eating, what was your average weight loss, how long did it take you? That kind of thing, I'm getting nervous that I am just going to pile weight on and not loose it

I'm in maintenance now so I'm eating quite a lot, take a look at the Atkins "What are we eating today" thread and that will give you and idea of what IPD/Low carb/Atkins people are eating.

I don't have a blog as I've been maintaining for some years, but there is an explanation sort of on my "It can be done ...." thread under success stories.

it can be very difficult to get your head around low carbing, I struggled initially, because like everyone I always assumed you had to starve yourself to lose weight.

Shell, we're off to the South of France for a week, we're going here:

valras plage - Google Image Search

Shell that was a marathon post! :p love it!
i like the mini cheeseburgers - the knob of butter made me drool!!! lol.

i think your diet has a lot of variety in it... sooo many different types of meat and you can mix salad up! Do you ever do chicken breast stuffed with cheese??? O and thats another thing, last time i was in greece I had the nicest burger and in the middle was a melting heart of feta cheese - so so tasty! you could try making that??? do you like chillies??? adding them to stuff can be good, plus i think they are good for your metabolism! also do you eat fish???

the moussaka i made the other night was a bit of a fail - it tasted alright but wasnt moussaka, moer like cheesey scrambled egg baked with some meat and somewhere in there was some aubergine... it was very filling tho!

Karmawitch - i'm still a bit of a sceptic if i'm honest, but i do feel good on this diet and its so nice to eat food I love and that has flavour and variety to it. I'm setting a deadline for myself to get below 13st before my holiday in July - which gives me 4 weeks to lose half a stone - so 2lbs a week... i think if i can acheive that then I know its working for me. if not i'll have to look at something else. I think like all things in life, its best to give it a whirl and see if its for you.

How is everyone today?

L x

hi everyone, can only come on quickly to say hey and hope everyone's day went ok??? need to sort my tea out and do my wii workout before i jet back to work!!! busy day today!!!! ciao for now peoples xxx

Morning, morning!

Shell, what do you do? Your jobs seems to keep you busy as anything!!!

I'm having a sweet craving day again- dreaming of a nice fruit strudle/pastry/sugaryness with lashings of double cream! lol anyone got any ideas what I can have as substitute???

How is everyone today - the sun is shining, the weather is good - hopefully everyone has gone for their daily walk as instructed by Neris and India!

xx

Back