Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Right did my weigh in this morning - +1lb :mad: i am annoyed and disappointed but i choose to turn the negative energy into positive.

So things I'm going to do differently this week:

1. - No snacks - I have not bought any babybels or pepperamis or nuts this week and I'm going to try to ensure I don't snack on cheese from the fridge - this will be a willpower thing!

2. Cutting down on cheese - I have cheese with nearly every meal so I'm going to really cut back and try and limit it to one meal a day, although I do tend to use soft cheese instead of mayonaise...might need to look at that.

3. I'm going to get the excersize...went to the gym both days of the weekend and feel great for it so i'm going to make sure i go everyday or atleast use our home equipment...again this will be willpower over sleeppower!

4. portion sizes - I noticed last week i quite often wasn't feeling hungry for meals but still dished up a normal portion, i'm gonna try and reduce this so that i can balance the whole cals in - cals out = weight gain/loss equation..

So basically, I'm disappointed but not yet fully disillusioned... feel more like I have let myself down than the diet has let me down....

Still *dust self off, pick self up, get back on horse*

Lozza

Morning all :) loz, i think your goals for this week sound perfect, keep at it lady we're all here for you!
I work in a pub, the lovely Ferry Tavern in Penketh, my bosses have gone to Cologne for a long weekend so it's basically been me and the manager type person working our asses off! And its been sunny, and we serve food during the week so it's probably gonna be really busy today too :( boo! Its hard cos there's only 2 of us (everyone else is lazy and won't come in to help, also, one of the staff has just gone away to greece for the week short notice!) there's just so much to keep on top of!

I didn't drink hardly any water yesterday, BIG mistake, i worked 12-4 then 8-12 and in that heat my head was exploding, but i just couldn't get it down! Anyone else have days like this???
Jim-where you're going on holiday looks soooooo nice! My sister's just got back from france (no idea where lol) and has been making me very jealous!

I got the ea sports active game on friday (i couldn't wait to start peoples sorry!) and am currently on day 4 of the challenge. Phew, its really good, i feel so much better and the workouts are different everyday, its brill! Much cheaper than the gym also!

:) x

Good morning every body, I hope everybody is having a good day. I started IPD on Friday as promised and I am going to go on the wii for the challenge in a few minutes.

We went for an chinese yesterday an I kept to the meat and veggie dishes and eat with chopstick which took me longer to eat.

I am intending to make some courgette soup today even though I am no great cook.

tee-hee-hee I caught the Wii Active bug too and purchased it on Sunday - only catch is I'm giving it to father as a fathers day present... kinda naughty I know but I'm trying to encourage him to shed some pounds and i figure if i get to use it too then it'll make him happy to see me getting healthier ;-) plus he always says he doesn't want gifts so buying something the family can share usually makes him less moaning!

lol loz thats funny! i've just done day 5 on the 30day challenge, had it on easy again and it really was!! So 2moro i think i will bump it up to medium and see how it goes.

Ugh not had a good couple of days, came on on tuesday so am avoiding scales at all costs!! Its weigh in 2moro aswell so im a bit gutted :( ah well, will just have to wait.

Hows everyone doing?? Anyone having any troubles?? I'm doing ok, its day 27 and i had a slight blip yesterday where i felt a bit fed up of all the meat but i'm putting it down to my time of month, lol, feel much more upbeat today so woo hoo :)
Welcome to the diet fully scamp :) hope you have as much fun as we all are!! Hows the 30day challenge going for you??

x

Heylo Shello... tehehehe I made a rhyme :D

Incase you can't tell i'm feeling super-de-dooper!! hehe. Big hugs for the totm! Mine sucked ass....defo avoid the scales... made me proper grumpy! Hopefully this week will have a sexy loss for me to make up!

I'm craving sweet things like mad...I never really crave sweet stuff... its a tad annoying!! HAd to stop buying double cream cuz I was practically ready to add some artificial sweetner and drink a pot just to get my fix!!! Fortunately I didn't... but i swear the pot kept telling me too everytime i went near the fridge!!!

Has anyone dabbled with having alcohol yet??? I'm sticking to their advice not to come off of phase 1 until i'm within a stone (or about 5lbs ;)) of my goal! But I know they said some voddie soda n lime was ok after 2 weeks. Just wondering if others have had a drink and how its affected their losses?

Lozza x

week one stayed the same, but I have really enjoyed all the good I have eaten but I must have over eaten as just felt hungry alot.

Funny you should ask that loz, i had some dry white wine last night, terrible, i don't usually drink much anyway but thought what the hell and really went for it, lol, it was not a happy night/morning!!
Unfortunately won't know for def if it affects my weigh-in results as i didn't weigh on friday due to ToM! We shall see though, i have come to a decision about alcohol while on this diet, never again, lol!
When i got up (pretty sure was still drunk) had my water and choked down all my supps apart from the GIGANTIC vit C tablet and the equally enormous cod liver oil. I managed a few small pieces of smoked german sausage to get my metabolism going and a bit more water but it was a pretty pathetic start to the day!
Luckily at about 12 the sick feeling passed and i managed 3 thin sausages, i then started to really perk up and by roughly 3o'clock i was feeling really bright, despite 3 hours sleep, lol!
Have just had my tea, little cheese burgers and salad but could only manage a couple, still feel a little bit tender inside! Also as a result of feeling awful i haven't been able to drink as much water as needed for fear of puking it back up!!
So my advice.......don't drink!!! Obviously a glass won't harm you, but please no sessions!

Scamp-are you drinking enough water?? Can't think of any other reason for the hunger pangs...

Loz-try a bit of sugar free jelly with a little cream as a treat if you're craving! It fills that little hole that cries for chocolate every now and then!!

Bye for now peoples :) x

teheheh I had a sneaky dark chocolate truffle last night... I only had the one but it helped the cravings!

Scamp I agree with Shell about the water, but also are you sure you are really hungry and its not just a habit thing - e.g. I have times where i think i'm hungry but when i sit and think about it properly its not like tummy hunger. I dnt wna sound like some self help book so sorry if i do!

WI tomorrow... a tad anxious after last week but crossing my fingers!

Helloooooo I'm back, how are we all? :wavey:

Hi jim! How was the holiday?? (i'm assuming thats where you were lol)

I'm doing really well at the minute :) had my weigh in, day 33 and have lost a total of 21lbs! So i am mega excited :) i cannot believe this diet is actually working for me, people have started to notice it also so i am floating at the minute! Everyone on this thread/site has been such a help aswell bcos i can just get things off my chest whenever i need to, even just reading how everyone else is getting on really lifts my spirits so thanks all :D

I have had a tiring day today, i'm working at half 5 again and am then visiting my friends farm to see his new calf! Am excited! May need to pack some nuts for snacks later if i need anything at his house....

How is everyone? Loz how was your weigh in????

:) x

Hi Shell, yes I've been away on Holiday love, I went to the South of France. Lovely, nice warm weather. :)

You are doing well, I'm not surprised you feel exited love, that's a great loss isn't it.

Welcome back Jim! Glad you had a nice time!

Shell your loss is awesome!!!! I'm so impressed! We'll done..

My weigh in sucked... i was down a lb from the last horrible time.... but that means in total after 3 weeks on this diet i've lost 3lbs.... I'm a little disappointed and don't know where I'm going wrong! I boyght my mate a birthday present today... a giant bar of galaxy... there's a little devil on my shoulder telling me to eat it.... stupid devil! lol..

I think I'm just frustrated cuz my father's putting a load of pressure on me to join his WOE which is essentially low cal. But after 3 weeks of him doing it he's binged on booze and then when boozed up eaten like a whole giant bag ofchip sticks or worse! As I pointed out to him in the last session of drunken nagging me he had, I don't want to be his diet partner cuz I dnt want to have him going off the rails as an excuse for me to! Stupid man.

Anyway I will confess I had a marsbar and dairymilk out a a box of celebrations today... I figure thats not great but definitely better than eating a kg bar of galaxy...althou still mighty tempted!

b'ah this has turned into a big stupid whinge!! Sorry!!!!

I'm actually quite upbeat about the whole diet still... just frustrated cuz I feel like its myself who's failing the diet and can't figure out how or why!!! lol

Answers on a postcard please!!!!

*edit:I posted this in the quick reply box but looking at it its not really that short or quick! hehe*

Morning all, loz, 3lbs is 3lbs love, it's a loss, if you lose a pund a week evey week it'll soon mount up won't it.

Can anyone tell me what a typical day is like on this diet? Im going to buy the book today I think but just wondered what you eat lol!!

There is a "what are you eating today" thread, but I don't know if anyone on this thread posts there.

oh loz 3lbs is brill, like jim said it is a loss!
i'm not really sure what to say, or offer as advice, lol, feel a bit useless sorry :( whats a typical day, couple of days food?? Are you takin the supplements?? Yeh i agree that if you partner with your dad you may be tempted also. Thats why i like this diet, you really have to be strict and not have any sugar, it keeps me in check i think knowing if i have sugar it'll knock me out of ketosis and then i'd have to start all over again.

Anyway folks, another busy weekend working for me, i must dash :) but might nip in between shifts to say hello x

i think i'm over my strop now :)

i lost another pound this week which is good, aslong as it keeps coming down.

hope everyone is ok!

Loz

Back