Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Morning Loz, you shouldn't have been in a strop in the first place. ;) :eek: :bolt:

I'm a woman, it's my perogative to have a strop ;)

I've just realised that I'm eating good food and can go out and enjoy myself and still lose weight, so if it's a bit of a slower path than a vlcd then who cares! I'd rather be a gradually shrinking gourmet that a quick shrinking dust eater :D

How is everyone this week??? I'm hyper as a kitten cuz its only 12 days til my holiday!

I've just realised that I'm eating good food and can go out and enjoy myself and still lose weight, so if it's a bit of a slower path than a vlcd then who cares! I'd rather be a gradually shrinking gourmet that a quick shrinking dust eater

PMSL, great stuff. LOLOLOLOL

Hello everyone.

How is it going?

Thought I'd give an update.

I've been thinking about it very very long and hard, and when I come back from my holiday I'm switching onto the Cambridge Diet for a while.

I love IPD so much, but at the moment while I still have so much to lose, only managing a lb per week isn't what I want. I'm planning a big weekend for my birthday in November and seeing Rocky Horror one night, partying the next, then seeing the Backstreet Boys (eeeeeeeeeee!) and I've been looking at the pictures from my birthday last year, and whilst I enjoyed it, I can tell I wasn't confident and I don't look as great as I'd have liked to.

SO I sat and worked it out and assuming I could consistently lose 1lb per week then for my birthday I'd be 12st2lb for my Birthday...whereas on Cambridge the theory is I could reach that within the 1st Month and be closer to my 9st7lb target for my Birthday.

Anyway's I'm still in the IPD fan club and still and IPD-er for the next 2 and a half weeks...

So does anyone have any great ideas how to use up courgettes, there was a special offer at the weekend and I bought too many, altough not enough to make soup...not really sure what to do with them?? help!

Lori x

Wash them, split them lengthways, grill them then sprinkle with parmesan, or alternatively spread with cheese and grill. If they are very fat courgettes you may need to split them into 3.

Thanks Jim, that sounds way better than just boiling them up!

I do this a lot with aubergine as well, in fact that's what I'm having tonight.

Well, I'm starting this diet tomorrow! Really psyched and can't wait. Did CD a few months ago, lost a lot of weight and put it all back. Going to do it once and for all this time! How much weight loss should I hope for in the first week, bearing in mind i need to lose four stone?

Hi there....

I'm on this diet...will be on it two weeks tomorrow so essentially into phase two but I don't want to...

So far, if my weigh in is right tomorrow and I think it will be, I will be 11lbs down...lost 7 in my first week and 4 in the second will be great, hence why I don't want to leave the comfort of phase one. I've also been going to the gym three times a week and doing alot...

Hope everyone is well..

M

Hi Guys and welcome to low carbing, please feel free to come and ask any questions. M, pleawse let us know the result of your weigh in today. :) you are doing so well so far.

Hi, I've been on this for 3 weeks and have lost a total of 9lb. Slow and steady wins the race! I'm really enjoying it.

Oh, N & I talk about cheese a lot but you should try and limit yourself if possible as it can stall your weight loss. X

Did anyone else start off worrying it would never work? Feel like I'm eating all the things I shouldn't! I have one question about nuts - do you have to limit the amout? Not very clear in the book. And neither is it about cheese - thanks Bad Jar! I had a whole Mozzarella ball with parma ham last night. Guess that was a bad idea!!!

Really worried I'm going to put weight on but will try and have faith!

Ciwti,

When i was on Atkins induction I had to be very careful or cheese stalled me, still can cause me problems and weight gain, even on maint.

What skirt to wear?

The IPD book tells girls to wear what's best for their size and figure.

ah, for some reason or other I thought MIE was a bloke.

I'm fairly sure MIE is male, think he was just joshing! The book is aimed for girls really.

Thats what I thought, funny how males and females come across different in their posts.

Back