Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

i've read all the way through this only to find when i get to the end that everyone has vanished!! where are you all?? how is it going?

abz xx

I don't think there are many on the N&I plan at the moment abz

Hi abz, we're still here, but some of the other low carb threads are busier so I find it easier to post on there instead.

How you getting on?

well i'm on day three of atkins, i'm not doing IDP, but i was very curious to see how people were doing on it.

I'm happy with it tbh, and the atkins and low carb boards help me with support and ideas. I did put on one week but that might have been the monthlies.

their book is worth a read just for the fun of it... i bought it and read it and now can't ruddy find it again!!

I enjoyed the book as well but really it was just two women explaining how low carb dieting work for them. I find threads with recipe ideas from various low carb forums very interesting. No ned to stick to N&I.

just ordered both books, tried to go on their website but it's not there anymore :confused:

That's a shame, I wonder why it was pulled then.

I've just discovered that the pig2twig website is up and running again.

Thought I'd try to revive this thread since this diet helped a lot of people in the recent past. Anyone who posted here before, still doing N and I?

It's just low carbing but less strict than Atkins. And it works!

I haven't seen anyone post on here for ages and ages.

I know but I am trying to revive this place lol and also to perhaps rekindle interest in other forms of low-carbing.

Both Neris and India lost five stones, each, on their 'diet' and whilst their methods differ here and there from Atkins the basic principles are the same.

I'm told their recipe's are gorgeous Girly.

oh yes Jim, the recipes are wonderful.

Some of us need strict guidelines to succeed. Others do better when there is more leeway, so long as they can avoid tipping over into a binge state. I think this explains the popularity of the N and I diet when it first came out. It is more forgiving than Atkins.

But this of course can mean a slower rate of weight loss. Swings and roundabouts!

LOL, yes indeed, swings and roundabouts love.

I love this diet and the books...Try the cauliflower rice its great with curry!

I discovered recently that Neris and India both regained the weight! I have no idea how long they kept it off but the website was (mostly) shut down except to diehard forum posters after a couple of years at the outside and N and I would no longer reply personally to posts.

I saw a pic of India Knight at a recent book festival. Yes - she has regained her losses, poor thing. I cannot find a pic of Neris but it wouldn't be too hard if I were to really try lol. As ever the real battle is longterm maintenance.

Agreed, losing the weight is hard, Maintaining that weight loss is harder

I love this book! It is a good easy to follow plan. It deals with a lot of the emotional stuff with eating as well as explaining about what foods you can eat.

Back