Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

If it suits you, go for it! As a long-term vegetarian Atkinser I believe absolutely in low-carbing for weight loss and (especially) for lifetime maintenance.

Even VLCDs restrict carbs, too, not just calories. The mild ketosis this triggers suppresses hunger and those terrible cravings most dieters suffer.

Good luck! x

If it suits you, go for it! As a long-term vegetarian Atkinser I believe absolutely in low-carbing for weight loss and (especially) for lifetime maintenance.

Even VLCDs restrict carbs, too, not just calories. The mild ketosis this triggers suppresses hunger and those terrible cravings most dieters suffer.

Good luck! x

im a veggie n struggled with atkins, just couldnt find enough to eat n seemed to be livin on egg cream cheese and veg. you got any goo recipes? im doin it again, this time with the help of rose elliots vegetarian low carb diet. Feelin better about it but im still eatin a lot of cheese, atkins limits your amount of cheese per day n im definately goin over it. whats wrong with eatin lots of cheese if its low carb? On sayin that ive still lost 4lb in 4 days

I'm sort of resurrecting this thread!
I'm not Sure which diet I am following at the moment!! I like the sound of the principles of this diet - having read lots on the internet & seeing the success of a good friends weight loss too.
However, I am planning on having a celebrity slim shake for brekkie & the following the Idiot Proof Diet for the rest of the day - anyone else done this - or similar with a meal replacement shake? Would be good to hear from anyone who has with some success!

TT

just saw this post now, and i had to reply! i did N and I's diet in august 2009 and by christmas had lost 2 and a half stone! i swear by this diet :D after christmas i sort of let myself go and stopped losing weight, and gained a bit back. but that was my own fault! the atkins bars became a weekly treat and i found myself looking forward to some of the meals so much, like the moussaka from the recipe book.... yummy! i would recommend this to anyone who doesnt have time to count every calorie they take in, and the book really helps motivate you!

I'm sort of resurrecting this thread!
I'm not Sure which diet I am following at the moment!! I like the sound of the principles of this diet - having read lots on the internet & seeing the success of a good friends weight loss too.
However, I am planning on having a celebrity slim shake for brekkie & the following the Idiot Proof Diet for the rest of the day - anyone else done this - or similar with a meal replacement shake? Would be good to hear from anyone who has with some success!

TT

just saw this now, and i have not done it by having a shake for brekkie, but i am on lipotrim now and as far as i know they are carb friendly! however, i dont really think it will speed up your weight loss, if you have maybe some grilled sausages and homemade coleslaw (or whatever you like) then you will be fuller for longer and enjoy it more! but if you are too busy im sure its fine. dont forget, you can enjoy low carb, thats the fun of it!

Back