Nervous about weigh in

slimming-girl

Silver Member
Im getting my second weigh in tonight, me and my partner have stuck to it 100% mainly green days ad had free foods but ive put on weight on my scales i dont understand :( i dont want to be told ive gained on my second weigh in :(.... im taking my mum and dad to join tonight too... il be embarrassed if ive gained infront of them :(:(

Im getting my second weigh in tonight, me and my partner have stuck to it 100% mainly green days ad had free foods but ive put on weight on my scales i dont understand :( i dont want to be told ive gained on my second weigh in :(.... im taking my mum and dad to join tonight too... il be embarrassed if ive gained infront of them :(:(
Never judge your weight by your scales hun - You will be fine Im sure....
Have you been using your syns?
x

hi slimming-girl, never trust your own scales mine are sooo unreliable compared to SW scales. if you have stuck to it 100% and have put on dont be disheartened but look at your food diary and see if you have miscounted something as free or something similar, otherwise alot of people put on due to time of the month, me included no matter how 'good' i am. stick at it youll get there, there is never any shame in a gain but you need to try and identify the problem

From someone who knows - dont go by your own scales (Im a fine one to talk I know) see how it goes tonight and if you have gained (which you prob wont have) then your consultant will be able to address why. good luck with your weight loss journey x

You sound like me on Monday I weighed myself on my scales and I had stayed the same so I was really upset. I posted on here and everyone told me to ignore my scales. I went and got weighed and i had lost 1.5lbs. Seriouisly i would so so so so ignore your scales. I know its hard though as I got on mine today and I have lost 3 lbs since yesterday which is near on impossible. Trust yourself that you have followed the plan and you will have lost weight.

well i hardly use more than 5 syns a day, unless ive saved and am going for a meal at the weekend, i count all my syns i drink loads of water il see maybe il have lost :S its just im o used to vlcd diets and joining slimming world is a big step for me anyway :) so half a pound off is better than on eh :) its just getting used to eating so much free food.... i mean im eating pasta like its going out of fashion.... i suppose il get used to the idea of eating free food its just well strange :S Thank you anyway xx

Stay away from the scales !!! :D

If you weigh yourself during the week you will get a very varied weight depending on what time of day, whether you have just eaten or drunk anything etc etc. So leave weighing until you are on the scales you are supposed to be on. The way to look at it is this.. you might not have gained any weight, you may not have lost any weight, but you are still on plan and if you continue on plan you WILL lose weight. Nearly everyone who has stuck to the plan 100% has put on or maintained and tear their hair out wondering why.. it happens.. the only way to deal with it is to look and see if you really are 100 % .. write everything down. You say you have had mostly green days.. try having more red days (that works for me) Mix things up.. Have fruit and yoghurt instead of cereal for breakfast that kind of thing.. good luck and I am sure it will be fine x

have you jkust come from a vlcd? if you have you will probably have gained in water in which case you need to give yourself a good few weeks to stabilise before you will start to loose again

Good luck with your weigh in. I do the same as you every week and get on my own scales then panic, i know its hard its so tempting to see if you have lost. im trying to stay off mine this week so far so good

thanx, im considering selling my scales because im living on them i may just gowith measurements for now and stick with the scales at the weekly weigh in :d your right it is tempting to get weighed and its wrong because you can get yourself in a tizzy :D

im so guitly of doing it too, went on this morning as PUT ON 1lb!! but im not going to let it get me too stressed when i look at the bigger picture ive done really well so far and im not going to let my scales sabotage it

Back