Nervous and excited newbie!

porgeous How is it going for you ?
I'm on day 9 and i seem to be ok about food now . I will switch to CD soon , as i'm only doing 3 shakes and somedays a snack bar of slim fast but can't stay on that to long i mean slim fast . Just seeing how the pennies go , hope wont be long

Hi Missleo

Thanks for asking, its going really well. I haven't cheated and have had my 4ltrs of water a day, not saying it isn't tough but I am really determined to make it work so have gritted my teeth through the cravings. Couldn't resist doing a bit of a mid week weigh in and looks like 7lbs so far will see what happens by Monday! also got some Ketostix last night and I am in Ketosis so hopefully cravings will start to go down. How is it going with you?

Have a great day
Georgie x

Hi Missleo

Thanks for asking, its going really well. I haven't cheated and have had my 4ltrs of water a day, not saying it isn't tough but I am really determined to make it work so have gritted my teeth through the cravings. Couldn't resist doing a bit of a mid week weigh in and looks like 7lbs so far will see what happens by Monday! also got some Ketostix last night and I am in Ketosis so hopefully cravings will start to go down. How is it going with you?

Have a great day
Georgie x

well done Porgeous! When Monday comes you are going to be stunned! It is hard, and as long as you can stay determined then you've cracked it :) Cravings will pass, honestly... well, they did for me... and you will soon settle into the swing of it all... the trick is to hang on in there and keep gritting your teeth.

Really glad it's going ok, it fluctuates between easy and tough :)

Hope you have a lovely day and looking forward to your delight on Monday :D

Thanks FFF, your encouragement is really appreciated and weight loss like yours is what really inspires us newbies, well done!

Sorry Missleo was looking at the wrong post, well done on 9 days, hopefully you can make the switch soon, how are your cravings with slimfast?

Gx

Thats really good , yes i bet you thought let me have a peek and see what i've lost hehe yes you can't help it , i guess i weigh everyday i have done for a long time , it doesnt hurt but i will record it every monday . thats good 7lb already well done ! Well last night i was at my friends house she was drinking wine and i was on the coffee but as i was in town for a few hours yesterday i didn't drink and my head was the worst ever by the end of the night i got home from my mates house and i went straight to bed really it was like i was drinking the wine lol . I woke up neededing water and thought i must drink more cos i really do not want to have a head like that again . You seem in a strong mind great , took me till about day 8 to think yes i think i can really do this . Have another good day today .

Hi Missleo

Well done you for not being tempted by the wine and sticking with it, although shame about the headache. Got a bit of a dickie tummy today but hoping it will pass.

Have a great weekend

X

Hey Porgeous,

Just read your thread, good on ya, you can do this! It seems you have everything under control :) well done! Just a note on your dodgy tum, I found that around day 3 I had a day or so where I wasn't quite... in control.. shall we say. If you're having the same problem dont worry, its just the toxins working their way out of your system and your body having a good old detox. Sometimes the adjustment from eating normally to surviving off supplements which are largely milk-powder based takes the body some getting used to as well, so don't worry. Keep drinking the water and it will pass.

Hope this helps hun x

Thanks so much Wannabslim that is exactly my problem, just had a little accident which is really embarrassing. Have been absolutely fine up until now so took me completely by surprise. So good to know that is it nothing going wrong and that others have experienced it to. Shall stay close to the bathroom today and hope it passes.

Many thanks again
Georgie
x

No problem P, I know how you feel and when it happened to me first time it was minimins advice that reassured me, so glad that I can pass it on! Also forgot to say if you're having 'problems' make sure you space your packs at evenly throughout the day and drink water at an even pace- that way you won't lose too much nutrition/water. Sure things will improve but if by tomorrow night they haven't maybe see your GP on Monday? All the best xx

Well Cravings i fonud it hard until 8 days then yesterday i was fine day 9 but today , day 10 i really am having a job even thinking really hope this paases , its lkie i had to pay some bills by phone and even that was hard work and my daughter shes talking away to me and i'm answering thinking what did she say .... really you think you are on track then something else hits you . Hope everyone else is doing well

When i first went on CD in April i was like that and it went on 3 days i thought is this a bug or the CD i thought if it was a bug the family would have this to by now so i took imodium and it stopped , Hope you feel better porgeous !

Thanks Missleo, encouraging to see others have had similar problems. Not had a repeat occurrence since this morning so keeping my fingers crossed. Not having a good day altogether, had that this morning and just stood up to go for yet another wee bashed my toe and have managed to rip the entire nail of my little toe. Lots of blood and pain but hey its taking my mind off food so for every down there is an up!!!!!!

Cheers
Georgie
x

Porgeous
You are funny , its taking your mind off food hehe , Aww i know how that feels to bash toes i've done alot of that lately last time was when i ran to shut the window cos it rained so heavy , swearing away cos i bashed my toe into the hoover so hit it hard as i was running yes i can laugh now , the swelling went down a week after lol . Are you counting the days till a slimmer you , i am its painful too lol

Bless ya, I've got visions of you swearing, grabbing your foot and trying to shut the window all at the same time, excuse my laughing but it is a very funny image! Just think of me back and fore from the loo what with all the water and now hobbling as well - I thought this was supposed to make us look better, I look about 100!!!!!:D

Porgeous
Yes sometimes it makes you that way all the emotions your body is going through , really its the end result that keeps me going , i think i might get there by mid nov just by seeing what others have lost , but lets go one day at a time :) I think we have to have a good humour cos we will crack otherwise . You've done well to lose 49lb when did you lose this porgeous

No not lost 49lb, 49lb to go! Not lost owt yet and to be honest 49lb is being easy on myself as I would still be above BMI, probably more like 65lb but easing myself in gently. Mind you for a moment there you made me feel how it must feel when you have lost 49lb and someone says well done :D. Think you are right about keeping our sense of humour, got a laugh or you'll cry!

One day at a time definately, hey I wonder if I will be lighter minus a toe nail?!

yes its good to laugh , if you look round at alot of peoples faces what do you see , they look fed up or down , but when in a pub by the end of the night what do you see , people laughing chilling out . well thats us without drink lol . I think if you set it to high on how much you want to lose then it can make it too hard on yourself i guess i'll be happy at 10stone , if its up to the chart its say 8 and half which i look ok at 10 so aim for that .

lol, loving your diary...

Definitely just the body adjusting to the diet... it happens to loads of folks (me included) so nothing major to worry about there... OUCH re the toe!!!!

Almost Monday already,, oh.. as for BMI etc... lose what YOU want to lose hon... setting yourself a realistic and achievable target is half the flaming battle :) You can always move the goalposts later if you want to :)

Thanks for the reassurance and support FFF. You have done so well and to know at one point you were just starting out and experienced the same things is really comforting - well done on what you have achieved!

The toe is still throbbing, the stomach still grumbling but I still have a smile on my face and I think.... if I listen very carefully I can hear the fat dissolving!

Georgie
x

Porgeous
Aww at least you are still smiling , hope the toe doesn't give you to much pain, tummy still no better porgeous , its all sent to try us i'm sure . Last 2 nights my heads my bad really dont know why , it starts about 6ish and stay there till bed time , really don't know why i've up the water . Better day for us today i hope

Back