Nervous and New

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Hello,
I'm meeting my cambridge lady tonight, I did cambridge about a year ago and although I did enjoy the shakes I missed my comfort eating and caved in. Well a year later i'm 2 stone heavier (over 24 stone probably now) i'm more miserable and sad, always sad. My mum has just emigrated and I unless I lose some weight I won't be able to see her and i'm desperate to be a mum. I'm now pretty isolated support wise with my 3 friends and my husband thats really the only people. I know Its going to be hard but it can't be harder than life at the moment, right? I might need reminding of that.
Is there any advice, tips or help anyone can offer that helps them stay on track?
I don't no what step i'm going to be on prob 810 although I will probably be naughty and just ss as i'm not sure being around food is a good idea and i can't afford the extra packs.

Hi there Imitt I'm goin to c a CBC tomorrow as my eattin as got completely out of control (I'm eattin at lease 8 bars of chocolate a day plus a load of other crap!!!!! I have tried every diet there is plus slimming pills hypnosis everything but nothin is workin for me x I went to sw for quite a while but couldnt lose x I have an underactive thyriod but don't no if that makes any diff x I am sooo fed up with my uncontrolable eattin so I'm goin 2 try this but I am really really nervous any help tips and advice would b greatly appreciated x ps plus I work nites so hope CB w plan will fit in with it x

Hi, once u are in the right frame of mind, Cambridge is the perfect diet to help shift the weight fast which is the greatest motivator x use the site and u will see loads to keep u inspired. I know that when u have a lot to lose it can seem daunting at first but trust me u can do it x I started on 810 with 8 stone 2 pound to lose and have been on cd for about 5 months and have 2 stone to go x u can do it x

Hi maggie I have been on 810. I have had 3 planned breaks along the way x I have found it really hard to get back on track after each break so would advise not having them x that said we all need to enjoy ourselves every now and then! X

I just need an override button when my emotions get the better of me, on a good day I know that this is what I need to do but on a bad day nothing else matters then feeling better which usually envolves food. I think I need to expand my tastes as I usually stick to vanilla, choc and choc mint, so going to have to try some of the others. I love ready brek but not a fan of grown up porridge :) bet it doesn't taste like ready brek. Might go back to blogging or start a diary to whitter away on. I also have to be brave and take some 'before' pictures

Ready brek it's not! I only like the apple porridge tbh but I find it really filling x

Congratulations on taking this step!! It will be a hard journey but a rewarding one!

I am a comfort eater and love my food - a bit too much. I reached a point where I didn't want to carry on getting bigger and feeling unattractive. That is why I began my cambridge journey.

I have been doing it 6 weeks now so I am not an expert at it like a lot of other people on here. I have lost 2 and a half stone already and have another four to go. My advice is to not look at the big picture - take small chunks at a time. Aim for 'half stone' targets and they soon add up.

There have been times I wanted to give up but I don't want to go back to square one. This extreme diet isn't forever so I know by March I should just be around the weight I need and want to be. When I did weight watchers I had no idea when I would reach my goal and soon got frustrated.

During the week I find it relatively easy but weekends are hard. On a Saturday night I still get a takeaway with my husband but I just have chicken shaslick from the Indian with no naan or rice! This seems to be working ok for me and I feel like I have had had a treat!

I am dreading Christmas to be honest but I will just take one day at a time.

Keep coming on here when you need a boost and take a picture of yourself every week. I have found that really useful as when I feel I am not getting anywhere I just look back at how I used to look and realise there is a difference!

Go for it! X

Go for it Imitt, dont be nervous. I was the same when I started i would just happily sit there all day and eat crap. I finally got in touch with an adviser. I am now on my first week havent completed it yet but i feel so much more possitive. I love the fact i dont have to worry about food or go into supermarkets and decide what to eat, I always find that a painfull proccess because all the rubbish food calls out my name and I just cant help myself. Dont get me wrong it has taken me alot to say NO to the crap, but im doing it. Honestly give it a go!! :)xx

Hi girls well I went on tue and have started the ss plan (so far so good) I got the ready made milkshakes (strawberry silk) which is quite nice x soups and porridge x didn't want to take any bars cos I don't want to eat for a week or 2 cos I no I will only start to binge again x really dreading the weekend as I'm off work and when I'm not working I usually like a wee g and t and luv relaxing watching telly so am really nervous about that x hope everyone doin ok x x

Hi

Day 2 for me today
I have 4 stones to lose, so should be on target by march.
Not dreading Christmas too much, i know I can have turkey and few veg if I really want to join in.
I really love the maple and pecan porridge, I find it delicious!
Hope I can drink all the water today, that's a bit of a struggle :(

Back