nervous newbie saying hello :-)

hi everyone, ive just joined the forum after weeks of reading posts.
i am starting sw at home 2moro. i have all the books from a previous attempt but wasnt really in the proper fame of mind back then.
ive hovered around the same weight now for a long time. ive done every diet under the sun, u name it...ive done it!! but ive never ever got past losing a more than a stone, and then i gain it again.

to me, slimming world seems to be the only one that incorporates healthy eating but doesnt restrict portion sizes. a few of my friends have done really really well on SW.
but what put me off it at the time was the classes. when i went to the class i didnt get a 'warm welcome'. i was rushed through the stuff in the book and told to take a seat. and the concept of everyone having their losses/gains read out in class is horrifying..!! if ive had a bad week its bad enough that the leader and the person that weigh's me knows....never mind everyone else.!! so the classes aint for me im afraid.

so im hoping that i will get all the support i need from minimins. you all sound like a friendly bunch and im looking forward to getting to know u all over the next few months.:):)

:sign0144:

SkinnyAngel said:
hi everyone, ive just joined the forum after weeks of reading posts.
i am starting sw at home 2moro. i have all the books from a previous attempt but wasnt really in the proper fame of mind back then.
ive hovered around the same weight now for a long time. ive done every diet under the sun, u name it...ive done it!! but ive never ever got past losing a more than a stone, and then i gain it again.

to me, slimming world seems to be the only one that incorporates healthy eating but doesnt restrict portion sizes. a few of my friends have done really really well on SW.
but what put me off it at the time was the classes. when i went to the class i didnt get a 'warm welcome'. i was rushed through the stuff in the book and told to take a seat. and the concept of everyone having their losses/gains read out in class is horrifying..!! if ive had a bad week its bad enough that the leader and the person that weigh's me knows....never mind everyone else.!! so the classes aint for me im afraid.

so im hoping that i will get all the support i need from minimins. you all sound like a friendly bunch and im looking forward to getting to know u all over the next few months.:):)

:sign0144:

Welcome SkinnyAngel!

SW is fab! I get to eat ice cream every day and I still lose weight :D My consultant was uninspiring too and i'm really happy doing it from home with MiniMins for support. Good luck on your journey hun. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Firstly, welcome :)
We aren't scary on here, so don't worry. I was actually in the same position as you- joined before, didn't do it 100%, put weight back on... And have now joined at home- the SW website is fab, but this forum is brilliant- so much on here that you can't find on the official site!
You seem to be a positive soul, whichreally helps! :p good luck, and remember we will all be here to help when necessary!
xxx

Welcome SkinnyAngel , I'm in a similar situation too, and I think the support on here is much better than a class, as it's there all week when you need it.

Good luck x

Thank you ladies :)

It's great to know there are others in the same situation and going it alone instead of classes.
I'm going to follow the EE part of the plan. That way nothing is off limits and it's pretty straight forward ( I get easily confused!! ) I'm just lying in bed here going over and over the book so it's drummed into my brain for the morning.
I am sick to death of starting diets and failing miserably. So this isn't going to be a 'diet'....just a healthy approach to eating and cutting down on the rubbish..!! And I'm just going to let the weight come off in however long it takes. I'm trying to approach this differently than I have with other diets in the past. No quick fixes or silly deadlines, just plain and simple old healthy eating and some exercise.

So here I go...2moro is the start of a very new chapter to a new me...!!! :) :) xx

Go girl, you will do it. Half the battle is already won with your PMA...

Best of luck SkinnyAngel. I am doing it at home by myself too and find this site excellant.
The support is brilliant.

You really need to be in the right frame of mind when doing it at home, which you see to be.
Good luck on your journey.

Welcome SkinnyAngel and good luck with your weight loss journey. this site has really helped me stay focussed. Loads of great support and advice x

Back