Nervous Newbie! Support needed!

FaithFluro

Skinny (to be) Stef
Okay so I've been looking over the diet/thread for awhile now and this week I decided to give it a shot in conjuction with Slimming World. I love Slimming World but (as all of us are) I'm always looking to give myself that extra boost. I decided I would try this diet after watching a BBC documentary on the benefits of the alternate day diet on health.

Either way, I'm going to try it for at least a week and see what happens. I'm worried my down days are going to be a bit samey and I'm having a mugshot as my main food item on a down day and then fruit and whatever filling up the other 200 or so calories I'll have left.

If I could give you guys a diary of what I've had so far and my plan for the next few days, could you guys look over it and see if I'm all right or need to change something?

As for exercise we need to clear up the living room and get my treadmill put together. It'll only be the odd 5 mins here and there as I'm recovering from M.E. for several years but I hope it will get better.

Here's the diary:

Wednesday night (DD):

Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot (261 cals)
Slice of SW Chickpea Dahl Loaf (no idea...estimating around 100 cals?)
Vanilla and Dark Chocolate Muller Light (91 cals)
2 Nectarines (86 cals)
Total: 438 cals

Thursday (UD):

Aromatic Lamb Bake with Smash (Guessing around 450 cals at most)
A few chipolatas from Joe's sausages (no idea!)
2 slices of bacon (no idea)
2 slices of wholemeal bread (100 cals)
Options Mint Choc (35 cals)

Friday (DD):

Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot (261 cals)
2 Nectarines (86 cals)
Options Belgian Choc (40 cals)
Total: 478 cals

Sat (UD):

Chicken Makhani (520 cals)
Boiled Rice (205 cals)
Chapati (165 cals)
MORE TO COME, DON'T KNOW YET!

Sun (DD):

Chicken Mugshot (243 cals)
Options Belgian Choc (40 cals)
1/2 packet of Asda sweet chilli shredded beef (90 cals)
Total: 464 cals

Yip your up day on thurs was far too low, it won't 'refuel' you enough to manage today poss. Juddd is not just about calorie restriction but rather its about kick starting a hormone response. Much like trying to get yourself into ketosis with vlcd. Here you need the up down swing to kick start the Sirt1 fat burning hormone. It's important to stay under your dd allowance and to eat as much as your ud allowance as you can- I'd say no Lower than 1600

Also on your dd's we've (bajoleth) found pot shots, they're made by the same people as mugshots but only 160 cals!

16 lost : 51 to goal

Agree with all advice given x Welcome and good luck x

Agree with all the advice given, plus can I also suggest you join MFP & use their food database because you really need to have a food diary with accurate calorie counting guessing will just not work. The food diary there is really easy to use & will help you get some variety into your diet. Also check out the low calorie ideas on here there are some great ones! Good luck!

I have got MFP, I just had to calculate everything that went into the recipes and I hadn't done it when I post that. Thanks for the support. I know I need to eat more on my up days. Thursday was a difficult one for me but it was my first up day. DD today and feeling good :)

Back