nervous newbie..... *waves hello*

Wizzpop

Hi guys :wave_cry:

Im going along to my first slimming world class tonight and Im the heaviest ive been so feeling realy nervous and have no idea what to expect! Ive decided not to tell anyone about joining (apart from my OH) so theres not so much pressure.

Im getting married in April and have ordered my dress a size smaller (eekkkk!) I have my first dress fitting in 9 weeks time and would love to have got at least a stone off by then!

Dreading tonight - I feel nervous and am quite intimidated by new groups of people as I have zero self esteem :sigh: x

Hey, first of all I'm sending you massive hugs your way. You WILL be fine. I started last week (not sure I've lost anything yet mind but then i'm impatient :) ) All the leaders and people attending are very friendly. Don't forget they are all there for the same reason and wot judge. Xxxx

Hiya,

I started last week as well and loving it so far.
Got married in July just there so I know how stressful the dress fittings are - you'll be great!

Hello there and welcome. Just think this time next week you won't weigh the heaviest you ever have :). Good luck for tonight. I felt the same as you and I have to say minimins has been a godsend and better than class for me. I've just been on holiday and have my 1st weigh in tomorrow after two weeks off but have stuck to it cos it's so easy to do and hoping for another loss tomorrow. You can do this.

Hiya and welcome. Try not to feel nervous most people at group are friendly and all have been in similar situation with their weight. Being a guy it was worse for me as its 90% women at my group, but there's a few peeps that me and the wife now talk to regularly. If you can stick with it you can lose that 1st stone quite quickly. Took me 3weeks. Just have fun and enjoy.

Hey, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your weight-loss journey! :)
Try not to feel nervous - just remember that everybody at class will have been in the same situation and i'm sure you'll leave class wondering why you ever worried at all!

xx

I didnt tell anyone either when I went to my first SW class, I'd been to Asda after work and had to buy a size 18 shirt to wear for a night out. I was horrified, I'd made every excuse in the book not to go until that point but I started that night (Valentines 2012) and here I am six months late wearing a size 14 easily, and a size 12 in most shops. :eek: Now everyone knows i'm doing SW, not because I told them outright, but because they noticed my weight loss! I will also say I had an 9 week "blip" in the middle, but I started back to class at the end of July, and my motivation is back and I'm losing again. Close to getting my 2.5st sticker, which means i'm over half way to my target. I've never been successful @dieting before, but I think the main thing is SW is a lifestyle change and you definitely sound ready to make it. Especially with a wedding to get ready for :)

It will be the best thing you have done for yourself in a long time! That stone will drop off before you know it! Good luck tonight.

Thank you all for the lovely welcome!

The class wasnt half as bad as I thought, and I actually enjoyed it! It was quiet last night becuase of the bank holiday but she said it generally is much busier! Will be doing plenty of reading today to get my head around the plan and I expect I will be on here LOADS asking plenty of pointless questions haha!

Heres to week one xx

Hello and welcome :)

Glad you didn't find the class as bad as you expected! As everyone has said the people at the group are all in the same situation. When I used to do SW in the red and green days I used to go with my mum but last year I moved in with my OH to a new area so decided to make the move and join a group and was so nervous going on my own and in a new area but they were all lovely and welcoming and I try to stay to group each week as it makes a massive difference to my weight losses each week.

Will be happy to help with any questions you have! Hope you enjoy doing SW as there is some great recipes on here :) x

Hi :welcome:and well done you for joining a group when it's out of your comfort zone. Glad you enjoyed the group. Just let us know if we can help you in any way.

Back