nervous

4me

Hi I am starting the cambridge diet on tuesday ( collecting packs and meeting cdc tomorrow)

I am nervous, excited, worried is this normal?

I am getting married in jan 08 and really want to lose this weight. I used to be so confident but since putting all this weight in i find it really difficult in social situations.

I have heard that i can drink coke zero, but there seems to be some confusion. can i drink it, is there a limit?

Sorry lots of questions.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Andria xx

Hiya Andria

Yes totally normal but the good thing with Cambridge is that if you stick to it you are guaranteed to be slim as nobody can sustain body weight on 450 calories a day!

Be super tough this first week and get the water down as it is the key to the diet.

Over the coke zero I recommend to all my customers that they avoid it like the plague but official advice is up to a small glass a day if you must!

Anyway you'll be slim in no time and certainly will have got rid of that 70 pounds before your wedding if you stick to the diet and drink the old H20

Mike

Hi mike, can i just ask why you tell your customers to avoid it like the plague? Its the only thing that gets me through each day, knowing I can have my token 'treat' in the evening (I am a diet coke addict!!) and in my CD book it says up to a pint a day is ok?

Just interested to know why you take that stance, not criticising it or anything tho x

I believe the coke zero can trigger cravings. The only time I like coke is with a bacardi in it so it's not been a problem for me on this diet :giggle:

I was told on my recent training day that one can a week may be ok

Hi I am starting the cambridge diet on tuesday ( collecting packs and meeting cdc tomorrow)

I am nervous, excited, worried is this normal?

I am getting married in jan 08 and really want to lose this weight. I used to be so confident but since putting all this weight in i find it really difficult in social situations.

I have heard that i can drink coke zero, but there seems to be some confusion. can i drink it, is there a limit?

Sorry lots of questions.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Andria xx

Ooh hello Andria and well done on making the decision to start the diet, you won't regret it and by January you'll be at goal no probs I'm sure :)

Hiya

In my opinion (and this isn't official!!) people who drink coke zero struggle a lot more on the diet than those who stick to just water and black coffee/tea. Can't give any "medical" reasons why but seen enough people to see a definate correlation between the two which is why Linda and I are tring to get Cambridge to change the guidance back to no calorie free drinks. I wish I could explain why but definately triggers food cravings that water and black coffee don't.

M.

Oh dear thats not good! I dunno what to do now! I know that the zero cal drinks which contain citric acid are not allowed due to the fact that citric acid can cause cravings but my old CDC said that Coke Zero is allowed as it has malic acid in place of the citric acid, which is not a craving-causer. I was wondering if that means Dr Pepper Zero is also allowed on the basis that it also is a zero cal, malic acid containing drink- CDC said she isnt allowed to recommend it but when she did it she drank it all the time (and it seems to have worked for her)...

... methinks if it is a case of staying on the diet longer and keeping my will to live I will have to keep the coke on the menu, but try and limit it to a small glass every couple of days instead of 1 large one per day! Hopefully that should be ok lol xx

The official advice is different to mine so don't take my word for it, I am merely saying that my experience says it can be a problem and I know Linda (CD Counsellor) has seen the same thing.

But if you are losing well and enjoying it then don't stop!

M.

Okie doke, thanks for the advice, I shall def bear it in mind and if i find im getting cravings i will try cutting it out in case that is the reason. muchas gracias xx

The official advice is different to mine so don't take my word for it, I am merely saying that my experience says it can be a problem and I know Linda (CD Counsellor) has seen the same thing.

But if you are losing well and enjoying it then don't stop!

M.

Yep what Mike said :D

Pah! I drink coke zero all the time. I have been on the diet for nearly 7 weeks (weigh in tomorrow) and have lost 1st 8lbs, I'm 4 lbs away from healthy bmi. I have not struggled at all. I feel the same as wannabeslim, if it gets you through the day without giving in to the real danger foods, it can't be bad!
It is normal to have mixed emotions before starting the diet, but it soon gets to be a way of life and the results are great.
Good luck.
Ceri

Thank you

Hi Everyone thanks for the encouraging words, I will see how i get on without the coke zero, but if i struggle i may try it and see if it affects me.

Once again thanks hopefully i will be letting you all know on my first weight LOSS soon

Andria xx

Just wanted to add that I have just drank half a 500ml bottle of coke zero, for the first time and I feel so light headed,.
just personal opinion but I won`t be having it again I feel quite dizzy.
I`m gonna stick to water, as I don`t drink tea or coffee.

Just wanted to add that I have just drank half a 500ml bottle of coke zero, for the first time and I feel so light headed,.
just personal opinion but I won`t be having it again I feel quite dizzy.
I`m gonna stick to water, as I don`t drink tea or coffee.
Sure there wasn't vodka in it?:p

I drank it most of the way through (well from 2 weeks in) and I naver had a problem of cravings when in ketosis. Well that isn't exactly true, I had cravings, that is nature, but not ones I couldn't resist. I had one can of zero drink a day usually and I never put anything else not allowed in my mouth. But....in constrast I am finding the plans immensely hard (from the step up to 1000). Sure if you are happy enough to not have it, maybe better safe than sorry. But b'crikey, you can't get away from all cravings and temptation forever, you have to fight the demons sometime (and it doesn't magically happen on SS I can assure you, that is easy in comparison :rolleyes:).

Wishful thinking about the Voddie :eek: but sadly no.
My cdc thinks it maybe the caffeine as I don`t usually have any.
Well at least I know to only have one to get the fuzzy merry lightheaded feeling ha ha, who needs booze !!!!!! ;)

Back